Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree15Likes

New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 01:28 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Alan, could you please tell me the serial number of your dex410v5 kit?

I've emailed the store, i have ordered mine and asked for a replacement of the kit front shafts.

Thx
Mike
Old 12-30-2016, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

I did notice looking at the specs that the gold shafts are longer by a few mm compared to the kit shafts. Definitely going to note that in the initial setup for sure.
Attached Thumbnails New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread-14831482736061059463327.jpg  
Old 12-31-2016, 01:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Alan_r
I did notice looking at the specs that the gold shafts are longer by a few mm compared to the kit shafts. Definitely going to note that in the initial setup for sure.
Hi Alan, thanks for the picture of your serial number, so mine is one of the erlier baches than!
I've got an reply from the store, they will send me a set of new 42.5 mm, as these are from the new updated production.

You will be fine with the longer golden shafts, as you will have the same max droop front and rear than!
Old 12-31-2016, 07:35 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

can you post a pic of them when you get them in? especially the threaded part?
Old 01-01-2017, 01:29 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Cain, yes, i will post a picture from the new shock shafts, but not sure, you can see any diference!?
Old 01-01-2017, 06:49 AM
Tech Legend

I would hope they went back to the old style where the end of the shaft is chrome color instead of the "black" ends that seemed to be the over hardened ones. It would make telling which you got easier to see if its a new style versus old.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cain - have you had any luck moving the rear hubs all the way forward to make the back end a bit more stable?
Old 01-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Tech Legend

I haven't had to mess with it to be honest. I am running Chris' setup on carpet and the car handles excellent.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:53 PM
Tech Legend

I went ahead and got a new capacitor installed on my buggy. I also went with 100K center diff fluid and now the slipper setup using the mckune pads. I was going to lock the center as I have a center locker here, however, the previous owner forced the sun gears onto the shafts so they are wedged into place pretty good.

For you guys with newer vehicles, did you have any issues with the sun gears still being too snug on the shafts for the center diff?

I am going to install the exotek servo mount I am thinking, but have some other vehicles I need to work on too.

I also installed a 4 pack capacitor. It was an interesting mount job as I run the ESC behind the motor for better balance. I ended up putting it down the center under the rear drive shaft.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I went ahead and got a new capacitor installed on my buggy. I also went with 100K center diff fluid and now the slipper setup using the mckune pads. I was going to lock the center as I have a center locker here, however, the previous owner forced the sun gears onto the shafts so they are wedged into place pretty good.

For you guys with newer vehicles, did you have any issues with the sun gears still being too snug on the shafts for the center diff?

I am going to install the exotek servo mount I am thinking, but have some other vehicles I need to work on too.

I also installed a 4 pack capacitor. It was an interesting mount job as I run the ESC behind the motor for better balance. I ended up putting it down the center under the rear drive shaft.
My sun gears get difficult to remove as well. I use a 90 degree pick to remove the gears. Just insert the pick under the gear, pry just a bit, rotate the gear and pry again until it comes out.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:17 AM
Tech Addict

For that reason of the tight fit of the some sun gears i figured out, that somtimes the top edges from the hexagon outdrives are to sharp, or the coating is a little bit to thick, if you file the edges just a bit, the sun gear slides easily as it should on the outdrive than!
Try that before instal, that helped at on of my out drives from my 410v3, back in the days i got it, no issues on the others or at my newer dex's...
Never push them in, when they got realy strong, as the sun gear can brake when removing them for maintance, if they sit to tite, or it does not get fully into it and than the gear action is wrong, as it pushes to much at the planatery gears!

Last edited by micholix; 01-04-2017 at 05:48 AM.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:24 AM
Tech Legend

thanks. I need to find a stronger pick then as all I have is a dentist one and you can see it flexing the pick.

The funny thing is that I have the alloy diff locker and I was going to try that (not sure if the plastic one is worth trying at all?) but the sun gear in the diff case side I can't get to pull up at all. I did notice however the diff locker slides fine onto the shaft, so that makes me believe its the sun gears themselves that have issues. For sure easier to just mod the shaft so it works with more sun gears but was interesting none the less.

I didn't put this vehicle together so got it used, but figured that was going to be an issue from old reports.

As a question, anyone got a link to a particular pick they are using to do what needs to be done? Almost think I need like a gear puller.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:42 AM
Tech Addict

Try to pull the sun gear out with an longer flat plairs, but be gently by pulling, that should work too!?
Old 01-04-2017, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Sweet all my parts came in today so I can get back to building this thing. I hate it when you've got everything laid out and your in that builders groove; then you are missing something or something breaks, causing you to have to pack up and wait. Bright side is I now will have fully upgraded shocks and all alloy spacers every where. The one thing I forgot was the alloy wing mount. I've got a spare plastic one but from what some of you have said, along with some YouTube guys, I will break the stock one. Wheelers are fast enough that they get big air, which inevitably leads to some rolls here and there...
Old 01-04-2017, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
thanks. I need to find a stronger pick then as all I have is a dentist one and you can see it flexing the pick.

The funny thing is that I have the alloy diff locker and I was going to try that (not sure if the plastic one is worth trying at all?) but the sun gear in the diff case side I can't get to pull up at all. I did notice however the diff locker slides fine onto the shaft, so that makes me believe its the sun gears themselves that have issues. For sure easier to just mod the shaft so it works with more sun gears but was interesting none the less.

I didn't put this vehicle together so got it used, but figured that was going to be an issue from old reports.

As a question, anyone got a link to a particular pick they are using to do what needs to be done? Almost think I need like a gear puller.
Also, try to spray break cleaner to get most of the old oil and residue out. Oil makes the gear to stick to the bottom as well. Specially if you use thick oils like 100K. My pick is thin and flexes but I pull gently and rotate the gear as I pull with the pick under it. It takes couple of turn to get the gear out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.