Search
Like Tree15Likes

New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ekt
I'm not aware of the 6040 dimensions but are you using the rubber grommets?
Adding a spacer might straighten it out for you.
Same dimension as the similar savox. No grommets. Spacer made it better but I need 6-8mm to make it straight. Seems like a lot!

Thank you
Old 06-22-2016, 05:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I installed original kit servo horn and it made everything line up much better. I was trying to use an AE kit horn and a TLR Aluminum horn and they didn't line up very well.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Anyone know how you embed a youtube video to a post? All I manage to do is add the link.

Last edited by Laker67; 06-22-2016 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:32 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

you need just the reference part.

So if it says something like "youtube\12345" you only need the 12345 part in the youtube tags.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Cain! So I was able to do a little club racing this last weekend and the wife was able to get some video of my car on the big back section and then an overall. I have a pretty awesome carpet setup on the car right now so if anyone needs any help let me know.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:53 AM
Tech Legend

post your setup and if you feel its good to go pop it up on petitrc . For the bit of carpet driving I got to do with mine, the box one was money after I changed to 100K center and RC Shox slipper pads. Mcklune or whaever they are called look the same basically.

You running the kit shock shafts still or did you upgrade to the god or even that other material ones?
Old 07-08-2016, 12:49 PM
Tech Legend

anyone got some new stuff going on with there vehicles? A race happening on July 23rd I may get some 1/10 4wd outdoor dirt action going.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

just got mine last week and finished today. i was waiting on the exotek steering rack, servo mount and hexes. I noticed that my kit came with the gold front shaft and an "update" but not the rears and there was something fishy to me because a bunch of the parts came in ziplock bags (little sandwich bags) without any labels. Ill be racing this weekend for the first time on carpet. Lets see how that goes...
Old 07-09-2016, 04:16 AM
Tech Legend

I would have loved to seen a pic of that.

What was the "update"?

did it come with the original "stock" shafts too and are the gold ones longer than stock?

what did they put in sandwich bags exactly if you recall?
Old 07-11-2016, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cain
I would have loved to seen a pic of that.

What was the "update"?

did it come with the original "stock" shafts too and are the gold ones longer than stock?

what did they put in sandwich bags exactly if you recall?
The update was the front shock shafts. Did not come with the silver fronts just silver rears and a separate baggie with the gold fronts. Sandwich bags I had normal parts trees. Things that I think should of been labeled like "bag 1 or step 1". I had a hard time hunting for parts because of that. Looked to me like it was packed right before shift ended on a Friday... LOL. Luckily nothing missing and had a bunch of extra parts for a 2wd.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well raced the buggy this weekend on carpet and it was so so to me.... car was amazingly fast. tuned on a dime car is just spectacular. Was my first time on carpet so you know my set-up was terrible from the get go. Traction rolled every corner on the first round but with help of the locals and friends I was able to half fast dialed in (no extra pistons, sways or springs) Second round I was leading for a bit (lap or two) and started to over drive it and tumble once or twice but that wasn't the end.... One of the pipes broke into my lane and I caught it at full speed with my front a-arm and completely destroy the a-arm, hinge pin, shock cap and the aluminum pin holder got tore up. Tried to fix it but it was the end for the car. After review I noticed that the rear diff holder was broke too. I have no clue on how that could of break and piss me off that a .05 part is going to cost me $10 just because I have to buy the whole parts tree. Has anyone had that diff holder break before?
Old 07-11-2016, 10:05 AM
Tech Legend

are you talking about that part that looks kind of oval and the diff "slides" into? If so, I had one break if I recall correctly but had a spare.

I agree on the parts tree thing. They really need to take a look at how they are doing this with parts. not everything needs to be on a parts tree. Heck, the Intech guys at least for the lower shock eyes use the same eyelet end and they don't come on part trees.

Mine is still waiting repair but the race I am going to go to on July 23rd I am hoping to see a wheeler class as its the same place where in the winter we ran wheelers. If not, I may just build the wheeler up to be specific for winter season.

Any more news on the exotek rear wing mounts?
Old 07-11-2016, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cain
are you talking about that part that looks kind of oval and the diff "slides" into? If so, I had one break if I recall correctly but had a spare.

I agree on the parts tree thing. They really need to take a look at how they are doing this with parts. not everything needs to be on a parts tree. Heck, the Intech guys at least for the lower shock eyes use the same eyelet end and they don't come on part trees.

Mine is still waiting repair but the race I am going to go to on July 23rd I am hoping to see a wheeler class as its the same place where in the winter we ran wheelers. If not, I may just build the wheeler up to be specific for winter season.

Any more news on the exotek rear wing mounts?

Yes is that oval part that goes in between the diff slides... maybe .05 cents and had to pay $10 for a whole parts tree. I don't think Durango gives a damn about what users think or their input. If so, this and many other known issues would of been addressed a long time ago.

I was wondering about the same this morning (exotek wing mount). And still wondering how long till is release to buy.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Sorry I've disappeared for a while guys. We've been opening a new business and I'm wiped by the end of the day. JRslash and Cain, if you guys want me to send you my V5 carpet setup pm my your emails. I tried to post it up here a while back and the file is to big and I'm not computer literate enough to compress it.

So JR did you break the front bulkhead in the crash then or the front diff cover the keeps the diff in the bulkhead? In just curious. I've broken bulkheads but not the front cover peice before.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:15 AM
Tech Legend

back in stock at tower.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.