Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX C12

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

crisis641, Too Late , we will see about out driving??? Hey Tom thought you had figured out a way to run smaller tires??? I am new to this beast....little help would be appreciated?? How to change ride height, caster I think I got, what was your setup at Omaha car looked good there, maybe we can have a c12 race at Vinton soon?? Remember there was always help with the knife from me...and still can be, heard you are looking to switch up, I have the whole new car ABS Chassis all the hop ups , let you know how it runs this weekend, either going to IRP or Omaha email if you want [email protected]
rogtsaamokin
Old 12-07-2005, 04:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ApexSpeed, are you running the servo flat or angled? Or better yet, what's your set-up?
Old 12-07-2005, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Servo is angled with CEFX mounts. Setup is identical to those described in the CEFX forums. Purple/grey, 30wt, green spring, .075" t-bar, 10k wt in the tubes, front screw on the outside, 1/4 extra turn of preload, and front camber needs to be adjusted as tires coned a touch to the inside. Ride height was a mandated 4mm by our race series (now finally lowered to 3mm locally).

The car handled great, it just seemed to have a small, very violent nervey twitch on turn-in through the infield. Seemed to be the effects of a car with a short wheelbase. If I could temper it a touch, I'd be happy with the performance, because I'd be able to drive the car smoother.

BTW, the car worked great on the straights, had good high-speed steering, and didn't make any sudden darts at speed. It was only an issue when accellerating from a slower speed while turning in the infield.

Thanks,

doug
Old 12-08-2005, 04:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are you running a little toe-out? I'm not sure, that is what I'm running except thicker in the tubes, I have the green tubes (newer) not the silver tubes (orginal), and don't have the twitch.

Scott
Old 12-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Hi there Scott, how you doin'? After having an OK time on the CEFX forum, I thought I'd put a couple of pics and setups of my own C12. I ran the car last weekend and it was dialled! Setup as follows:

Front:

1.5 camber
2.5 castor
purple front tyres (inside 1/2 additive applied)
3.5 mm ride height
Servo set at an angle

Rear:

100wt oil in side tubes
20 wt oil with green spring centre shock
associated thin t piece
pink rear tyres (whole tyre additive applied)
3.5 mm ride height

I have done the mods regarding the angle of the shock and the rear pod. Tried one of the newer CEFX shells but found it lacked a little turn in compared to the zytek. The screws are in the outer holes on the flex plate with 1/4 turn of preload added. This really is a great chassis. Easy to work on and gives good feed back to changes in setup. Let me know how you are getting on with yours mate, Chris.
Attached Thumbnails CEFX C12-dscn2777.jpg   CEFX C12-dscn2773.jpg  
Old 12-20-2005, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

How do you set the caster on the CEFX?.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Set caster by shimming under the front suspension mounts. That is how I set mine. I just use a camber guage on the kingpin to set it to the correct angle.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JimMcClure
Set caster by shimming under the front suspension mounts. That is how I set mine. I just use a camber guage on the kingpin to set it to the correct angle.
Thank you.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

New, re-organized wiring of the C12... gonna give it another go on a practice day next week, me thinks.

Last edited by squarehead; 11-29-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default car

i have a chance to buy this car c12 how well does it perform with the others crc,slapmaster&speedmerchant ?
Old 10-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Keep working with it Apexspeed, the car is flying for me !!!!

where are you running now that IRP closed????
Old 10-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Default run

we have a track in town and 1 about a hour away u can check our trck out at Allensrccars.com where can i see this apex car ?
Old 10-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Not racing 1/12th at the moment, since IRP closed, but my car is ready to go at a moment's notice. The All Star Series is running in Kenosha this weekend, and the series is running stock this year, but unfortunately, all of the races are now in Wisconsin.

There is a new track opening soon in Orland Park (check the Illinois forum), and many locals are getting really amped up about the potential. The lease is signed and they are waiting on AMB and Ozite. Looks good for this winter, for sure.

I honestly liked the CEFX C12 a lot, but I found the front end a bit on the gimmicky side, and just found it to be really inaccurate. I would much prefer either of the Associated-type front ends, or even the Trinity/Delta style front end that Josh was testing with. I know there are new chassis for the contemporary standard front ends, and I think they would be a big improvement with this car.

I sold it when I got tired of screwing with the front end trying to hold a setting, and I got tired of waiting for a new front end to be released (which there now is). I since have tried a BMI t-bar car, a Slapmaster MS2.3 (never raced it, I was too chicken) and finally a SpeedMerchant Rev4 (check my sig for a photo). The Rev4 is my favorite 12th scale car that I have ever driven and owned. I was faster out of the box with the Rev4 than with any other car, and felt comfortable with it immediately.

I guess it suits my driving style more than the rest.

doug
Old 10-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Talking track

ok I will check for the new track we are allways looking to go run somewhere else its a good time i will try the rev-4.5 see how she runs...thanks Kevin
Old 10-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Is 80USD a fair amount for a hardly used CEFX C12 with loadsa spares??? Either that or im gonna save for a CRC Carpet Knife 3.2R!
Thanks Jay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.