Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default HOWDY RAY

Two questions for you ray?

1. Are you looking for more corner speed out of the car?

2. Are you looking for rear end bite?

If you are looking for corner speed there are two things you should try. 1st adjusting your wheel base. the shorter your wheelbase is the faster your car will rotate, also switch from the c block in the rear to the b block. The car may feel a little loose at first until you adjust, and depending on what springs your running will determine how much bite you get. Remember also that a softer spring doesn't mean you will get more rear traction.

Also on the front rear block, ad .07 shims to put in some anti squat, this will also help stabilize the car under acceleration. The one way can be a little tricky to get used to in shaft drive cars, but I think once you get the diff in you will see all these things come into play. I will be experimenting with mine this thursday, so I will let you know what I come up with.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Corner speed is there-but its not!! This is why-half way through corner car seems to change its attitude, but not every lap. When it does change its attitude-the front loses grip and its pushes out. his happens very quickly. When the nose stays down-the car doesnt carry the speed-it slowly scrubs itself down.

On the rear-I am already down to AA in the back (2-degrees). I might go back up to CA and get less toe in rear blocks and go for 1 degree rear toe in back.
Thanks for your tips!!!

Ray
Old 03-04-2003, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

what is your shock positions on the tower and your ride height set to.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

Hi,

will probably pick up an Evo III next week. and since this will be my first shaft driven car. is there anything i need to know or any spare parts that i need to get?

if i remember correctly, some people say that the front diff may give some problems?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2003, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default hi racer

if you decide to go with the evo 3 the only thing I would say to get would be a front diff kit. The only problem I have with mine is the one way gear. The car seems to handle well with it but I dont think that the gear meshes well enough to withstand an impact. Other than that the kit comes with everything you kneed.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

any one know the part No. for the front diff kit?
Old 03-04-2003, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default advice

I currently run TA-04-R. I sold my TA-04-Pro and my XrayEvo2...and had intended to get an Evo3. Do you think the 414M2 would be a better choice? Of these 2, which car (evo3 or 414) shares more parts with the ta04? It would be nice to have common spares.
I have run alot of different cars, and tended to prefer xray over my ft-tc3. Not sure if I prefer belt cars...or just dislike TC3s...LOL.

any input is appreciated.
Ken
Old 03-04-2003, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

not of hand but if you go to the speedtech rc website he has the diff halves listed. You will also need the thrust bearing and the nut and screw and the spring, all the part numbers will be in your manual.
Old 03-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Building a ball diff...

50987 Ring Gear/Bevel Gear
50992 Diff Joint
53030 850 Ball Bearing (X 2)
53563 Diff Rings
53379 Steel Balls
53042 Ball Diff Grease
9805670 Thrust Bearing
9805671 Diff Spring
9805669 Diff Screw
9805889 Lock Nut
50988 A Parts (lock nut holder)
Old 03-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

thanx, i have already made that list but i thought maybe there was a kit like eg 9870657 Evo III diff kit, but i spose theres not.
thanx
Old 03-04-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

can the Evo III's drive train be made to run freely as compared to the cuda's?

what are the things you can do if any to make the drive train run more efficiently?

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2003, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Anyone know if the spur gear adapter on EvoIII will fit EvoII?

thanks
Old 03-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Default Set-up so far.

heres my work in progress set-up for carpet/foam/modified and stock.

Front

A block raised up 1mm. A block in rear. Shock in outer hole on arm, second in on tower. Yellow AE spring. 3-hole piston. Camber link long and up. TRC Plaid tires. 4.5mm ride height. Red sway bar.

Rear
A and A blocks. Shock in outer hole on arm and out on tower. Purple AE spring. 3-hole piston. Camber link long and up. TRC Purple tires. 4.5mm rde height.

Chassis is dragging on left side!!! I have a high speed push condition-which I think is caused by the chassis hitting. My TC3 and Losi at 4mm dont rub!! Dont know why ths one does as its narrrower than both cars and just as stifly sprung.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Default need setup help....

Salutations earthlings!
thanks for looking in!any help will be appreciated!
i need a setup start point for an upcoming tamiya race to be run on carpet.the track is rather high grip, but will be rather tight and twisty<so i heard, people here going for SS suspension arms> indoor track.
mod motors to be run and rubber tires only.min. ground clearance is 5 mm!!!
i wish to use SS arms also but i'm not sure what to do for a min. 5 mm clearance setup for the abv conditions.if you evo3 guys have any suggestions on chassis setup.
please do let me know!
thanks a bunch!
-FP
Old 03-04-2003, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: Set-up so far.

Originally posted by rayhuang
heres my work in progress set-up for carpet/foam/modified and stock.

Front

A block raised up 1mm. A block in rear. Shock in outer hole on arm, second in on tower. Yellow AE spring. 3-hole piston. Camber link long and up. TRC Plaid tires. 4.5mm ride height. Red sway bar.

Rear
A and A blocks. Shock in outer hole on arm and out on tower. Purple AE spring. 3-hole piston. Camber link long and up. TRC Purple tires. 4.5mm rde height.

Chassis is dragging on left side!!! I have a high speed push condition-which I think is caused by the chassis hitting. My TC3 and Losi at 4mm dont rub!! Dont know why ths one does as its narrrower than both cars and just as stifly sprung.
Ray, can you elaborate when you say your chassis drag on the left side?
Is that when making a right turn? does it do it when running straight?
Do you mean you push coming out from a turn - accelerating!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.