Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TB-Evolution III >

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Old 02-25-2003, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ian that sounds like the body real flat witha small greenhouse area.
If they are there would you mind grabbing me one and we can arrange payment

Dan
Old 02-26-2003, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

dear everyone
i realised my LRP V7.1 is getting bigger and bigger each day despite the fact that i havent fed it in quite a while.

actually the space in cars are getting less and less ....
so can i know whether it will fit in the TB Evo III?(comfortably)
i have this and the KO-297FZ receiver...
will it fit?do i have to change to those new-peny sized-0.6oz thingies?not in the best of financial conditions...
thanks for the info.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by lee82gx
dear everyone
i realised my LRP V7.1 is getting bigger and bigger each day despite the fact that i havent fed it in quite a while.

actually the space in cars are getting less and less ....
so can i know whether it will fit in the TB Evo III?(comfortably)
i have this and the KO-297FZ receiver...
will it fit?do i have to change to those new-peny sized-0.6oz thingies?not in the best of financial conditions...
thanks for the info.
With a little creativity you might be able to accomplish that feat. You may have to lay the ESC or Reciever on top of the servo!
Old 02-26-2003, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

if you turn the servo up onto it's side then you shuold be able to mount the 7.1 in the limmited space. however i use the quantum, and i can keep the reciever flat on the chassis (with room left over)

peter
Old 02-26-2003, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

There is an easier way but try this. Tire size x pie and then divide that by your final gear ratio.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have been following this thread for a few days now. I recently purchased the Evo III & raced it for the first time this past weekend. I was very pleased with this car, it is quite possibly the best car I have ever driven!

We race indoors on carpet, I am still fine tuning my setup, and once I am happy with it I'll post it here.

The batteries the TB Evolution III is intended to be used with are stick packs. I prefer “side by side” battery packs. The manual does make mention of this battery type, but overall, a lot of hand fitting is required to make this work. The battery slots in the chassis must be filed down some for the batteries to fit correctly. It is important not to file too much as the batteries risk sitting below the chassis line. The retaining graphite strap that is included in the kit can not be used (in stock form) to hold a “side by side” battery pack, it appears tape is the intended retention system. I didn’t want to use tape, so I modified the posts and graphite strap intended to retain stick packs to work with the “side by side” battery packs. A lot of grinding, filing, and hand fitting are required to get this done, but it is possible. In the end though, the “side by side” battery packs sit at least a full 2 mm lower in the chassis, so I consider the time invested in this mod worthwhile.

The steering servo-saver also leaves something to be desired. I will look at replacing it with an after market piece before our next race.

I am running the following electronics in my Evo III:

Team Orion Core Stock
Quantum Sport ESC
SMC Matched 2400s
Futaba 9550 steering servo
Futaba radio gear

Overall I am very pleased with this car. In time, as I get to know the car and its setup better, I'm sure it will only get better!

Last edited by ARC MotorSports; 02-26-2003 at 07:41 AM.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

meaning there isnt enuff space to lay it flat?ok will either mount on servo or lay it on the side(which is a pain to do setup).
hope my car arrives soon....
ps peter:
those tiny ESC's...are they really good?i heard the VFS 2000 is very damn good..are u on it ?
by the time i have money for that , brushless should well on the way out.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Though not the LRP Quantum Competition, I have two of the LRP Quantum Sport ESCs. I run one in stock and the other I have run in 19T spec and my HPI Micro. Both are a couple of years old, both have always worked well and never given me any problems. I fully endorse the LRP Quantum ESCs as I have the bottom of the line units and they work great. I'm sure it only gets better as you buy the higher end models.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

u have a point..hehe
Old 02-26-2003, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

the VFS 2000 esc represents the cutting edge in user adjustable throttle frequency. this means that you can do the same things yourself, that you would need an LRP technican to do for you (and that would envlove sending it to them). it costs a little more than most speed controls, but you get the setting adapter with it.

if you do not want to spend the money on the VFS, then try the new TRF speedo, it is made for tamiya, by KO PROPO and comes without the setting adapter making it a little less expensive. then later you can purchase the setting adapter from KO if you want.

i am running LRP quantum currently becasue my KO speed controls at at KO USA being tuned and updated.

peter
Old 02-26-2003, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default It's baaackkk!!!

I just got my car back from my buddy and it is so much freer than when I sent it to him!! Wow!!! It feels as free my TC3!!!

I'll get it back together again and tell ya how it goes on Monday!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

i just got mine together last night... up til 3! but worth it tho. i agree about the battery strap. i put the unused short body posts on the chassis, filed the sides, then used the strap with the foam tape on it. works good with the gp3300. we shall see asap...

Last edited by Turbonium; 02-26-2003 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Evil 3 is the bomb-biggity

How good is the Evo3? Well, after the chassis on my 414M2 broke from a major stuffing running modified, I threw down the Evo3 after a half pack of practice to trim it out and guess what?

Top Qualifier for PRO STOCK SEDAN:
ROD C with 30/5:08.48

Tehehe, okay enough chest thumping , too bad I had radio problems in the main and retired after one lap. Patt T's car was dialled and kinda had me wondering...MauiBuilt, where have you been man? I'm begining to suffer the same radio problems you have been getting and its getting expensive to fix broken cars doh!

Last edited by rtypec; 02-26-2003 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

rtypec!
Rod,
Maybe you can do a comparisson on the m2 and the EVO 3, like how many parts broke on your m2 and how many on the EVO 3 :-)
Old 02-26-2003, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

I just ran my evo3 in wisconsins tcs race, and outside of a few minor problems I would say that the evo performed pretty well. I was having some problems with the one way gear. I think the problem is the way that the gear and pinnion mesh. I tried to space the pinnion forward a hare by sliding the bearing off of the the gear a hair, since it fit tight I thought it would hold its position, and it seemed to help. The first qualifier went pretty good for me. I turned 27 laps and I was making a lot of mistakes on one end of the track, if I could have been smooth I think I could have easily pulled a 28, as for the second qualifier, I started to hear a bad clicking sound out of the corners, I think I had striped a gear, and it looked like the case was comming lose, so I tightend it up and everything seemed fine. As for the main, well thats another story. Lets just say tire choices are everything, because the car was just hoopty.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.