Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TB-Evolution III >

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Old 02-24-2003, 11:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I know in recent days, that Yokomo drivers have been using a different chassis from teh MR-4 TC.. It's a factory SSG Graphite car that is supposedly faster and handles better than the MR4. In the recent RC Car Action magazine, Atsushi Hara is shown at the Ohio indoor race, using a Shaft drive HPI!!! Here come the competition! heheh.. btw.. Dayam Surikarn is one gifted driver.. lol..

Servo Savers
I've been using the same red Kimbrough servo saver on my servos since my first TL-01, and never had trouble w/ it. I never bothered w/ the Tamiya stock Servo savers. I don't even know how to put it together. lol.. oh well

Gears
Scary enough, I'm yet to have trouble w/ my front 1-way gears. I've been running a Reedy Ti 8x2 motor, and it has run beautifully for almost a month now, w/ no troubles at all... this car is just as much a tank as my old Evo2! heheh.. I'm not sure if it's because I only got my E3 recently or watever.. but yea, I grin ear to ear everytime I see her when I wake up in the morning on top of my night stand .. heeeheheh..
Old 02-25-2003, 12:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by tamiyadriver
got mine at last today... thanks Peter Sik! got a few things built, like shocks and cvd's. just got the chassis plate prepped, so i am prolly on a ca buzz... first one of those i ever had to do. if only the Raybrig NSX body i ordered from lhs would show up...
lolz...I'm thinking the same way too bro, but I would paint mine just like that white mobil 1 NSX from the JGTC complete with the black lightweight mesh wheels on it. That car looks more meaner than the Raybirg.

Peter, any news from Tamiya whether it will ever produce a IFMAR/ROAR body from its famous (and voluminous) array of beautifully carved polycarbonates? I'm getting sick of seeing the stratus all the time...it's almost make the touring cars a one make kind race (no matter what people paint on it...it's still a stratus!) I know Tamiya have the technology and skill to do it (talk about that beautiful Altezza winning the World Champs one day...*day dreaming*)
Old 02-25-2003, 04:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Re: Re: Servo Saver

Originally posted by peter_robinson
i have heard that Satoshi (japanese TRF driver and winner on the recent 8th annual yama yama cup) has been removing one of the gold rings from the servo saver...

not sure as to what this does, but is might releave some the problems that you guys are having.

peter
I tried this last sunday. What this does is it makes the saver even more loose wich is not what we want...

I'm thinking about going for the Kimbrough servo saver.. This is just an issue I haven't been dealing with for a looong time! I guess it's a Tamiya thing

Rgs, Andri
Old 02-25-2003, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Servo Saver

Guys, which particular Kimbrough servo saver are you using? I have the kimbrough mid sized servo saver. It seems to be the largest that will fit. But is it strong enough to handle the torque loads of steering?
Old 02-25-2003, 06:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default rollout ????

I should have my EVO 3 back this week!!! What rollouts have you guys been having luck with lately? I was thinking that 32/90 with 2.28" tires might be good for a Monster stocker??? This on a 100' x 50 super fast carpet track.

Sunday I wont make practice-so I basically need to know a good rollout as my first run will be first qualifier!!!

Thanks,
Ray
Old 02-25-2003, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

FabulousRC
I doubt you will see a ROAR body from Tamiya most of their bodies come from the details off real cars. The TCS is based off their own bodies nothing outside most people in the past who run Tamiya have done so due to realism only recently due to performance.
In Japan most run the Bugatti body which is almost an aerodynamic brick looking thing
I agree it would be great from a realism standpoint but would also affect performance from the grill moldings and"openings"
Old 02-25-2003, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Default EV0001

We got 5 pieces of Tech Racing EV0001 front one-way gear plate for Tamiya TB EVO3.
It is 5.3USD each plus shipping.
Please e-mail to us for order.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Hey D,

Where can you get that Bugatti body from? Is that the body Surikarn used at Yama?
Old 02-25-2003, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

mauibuilt-

dude you can probably get them from rainbow ten... in fact i think that they had them in stock when we were over there.

peter
Old 02-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: rollout ????

Originally posted by rayhuang
I should have my EVO 3 back this week!!! What rollouts have you guys been having luck with lately? I was thinking that 32/90 with 2.28" tires might be good for a Monster stocker??? This on a 100' x 50 super fast carpet track.

Sunday I wont make practice-so I basically need to know a good rollout as my first run will be first qualifier!!!

Thanks,
Ray
Seems like a good place to start for high revving monsters. I would probably go up a tooth if its as fast a track as you say it is.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah what Pete said

Don't know if you bring one in let me know and get one for me I'll send the cash down

D
Old 02-25-2003, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by MauiBuilt Racer
Hey D,

Where can you get that Bugatti body from? Is that the body Surikarn used at Yama?
Mr. JM,

I saw some Bugatti bodies being sold at Ultimate Hobbies a couple of weeks ago... not sure if it's still there but nobody seems to pick them up(look for them in the closeout section). Made by Atlas and no sticker whatsoever... I guess this is the reason why nobody's interested. Good price though, around $10~12 =)
Old 02-25-2003, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Difuser
Eeyan it will help keep things smooth I use Carbide always and polish the rings when they become worn. 1-2 months on average. One caution on using the AW is that it will thicken the diff action considerably from the usual lubes. I prefer it myself especially on carpet but it is fine outdoors
Difuser,

Thanks for the tip about polishing the rings... I also tried AW and the diff action felt a little better... I think, I can run the front diff a little loose now without slipping... better than running it tight feeling gritty...

Ian
Old 02-25-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yup-fast track!!!

Itchynads-thanks-I think 1.00 rollout will do-or maybe 1.03 is a good starting point too. Out track with a 90' straight and a lot of track (in other words-we used most of the area for track-not islands) is stiill very fast and flowing and we turn 10.9 second laps in Stock!!!
Old 02-25-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Darn foams Can someone post the formula for figuring roll out... used to know it when I ran oval... I must be getting old

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.