Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thank you for your help guys!
Old 03-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

hey i have a oneway houseing i you want
Old 03-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by izzyracer
Does anyone have an Extra EVO 3 One Way that they are selling or where can I get just the one way assembly for my TB02
Izzy, I might have what you are looking for, but the only question is, how quickly do you need it.

PM me with you e-mail address, and lets talk
Old 03-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default new gears

has anyone got the part no for the new gears
Old 03-16-2004, 03:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: new gears

Originally posted by devil
has anyone got the part no for the new gears
Its the same number as the old one its just phasing the old one out. Rick
Old 03-16-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Rick dude,

when u built your drive train up with the new gears and prop, did you take any further precautions or do anything like shimming becasue at first i got a bind in the gears

thanks mate
Tarnj
Old 03-16-2004, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

I just put it together and shimmed so there was no movement in the gears but not so they were tight. Rick
Old 03-16-2004, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

hi, has anyone of you bought and tried the blue convertion kit of the evo III? does it improve the performance of the car or it's just for the looks? i'm considering of getting one but would like the opinion of others before buying it, tnx
Old 03-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

i got it its just for looks mostly the only impovement is the motor mount it comes finned it will keep the motor cooler.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by buboy28
hi, has anyone of you bought and tried the blue convertion kit of the evo III? does it improve the performance of the car or it's just for the looks? i'm considering of getting one but would like the opinion of others before buying it, tnx
Mostly just looks. It's not even complete as it does not include the upper suspension link blocks nor the washers and ball ends of the stabilizer.

It does give you the blue shaft, which is 2mm longer than the original shaft and it fixes the front oneway/bevel gear stripping problem.

It also give you a slotted motor mount which is slightly lighter and provide additional cooling surface

However, if you are interested in performance upgrade alone, get the new light weight shaft. It's also 2mm longer thus fix the oneway issue and lessens your drivetrain rotating mass.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

so the shaft on the blue conversion is the same size as the new lightweight shaft?
Old 03-16-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ngo8
so the shaft on the blue conversion is the same size as the new lightweight shaft?
same length, but not size. The blue shaft has the same diameter as the original one.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Mostly just looks. It's not even complete as it does not include the upper suspension link blocks nor the washers and ball ends of the stabilizer.

It does give you the blue shaft, which is 2mm longer than the original shaft and it fixes the front oneway/bevel gear stripping problem.

It also give you a slotted motor mount which is slightly lighter and provide additional cooling surface

However, if you are interested in performance upgrade alone, get the new light weight shaft. It's also 2mm longer thus fix the oneway issue and lessens your drivetrain rotating mass.
ok thanks i think i will go with the lightweight shaft
Old 03-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

hey sorry for all the questions.
re: shimming

which shimms do you use and were do you place them? i read on the tamiya website that this guy shimmed his diffs away from the pinion. is this what you done rick?
how ? which shimms?

could u post me a pic if poss.

thanks alot

Tarnj
Old 03-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Evo_Uk
hey sorry for all the questions.
re: shimming

which shimms do you use and were do you place them? i read on the tamiya website that this guy shimmed his diffs away from the pinion. is this what you done rick?
how ? which shimms?

could u post me a pic if poss.

thanks alot

Tarnj
I think in the front i ended up with 0.2mm worth of shims, one either side of the diff and in the rear 0.3mm worth of shims, 0.1 behind the gear and 0.2 infront of the gear. Every gearbox and diff is different though, give it a run on the track and it shud free off a lot thats the best way to free it up. Also i am using white lightneing or whatever its called on the gears this frees it up a bit more. Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.