Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Steve

Will they ship the spares out with the Kits too?I need to order some front drivetrain parts.Please tell me they are gonna ship them!Pleeeeeeease!Or basically I am screwed for tcs.
Old 01-19-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sorry Rich for trying to do what we had talked about. I was trying to get an idea if anyone would even be interested. I guess I misunderstood what we were talking about I though you were wanting to do this I guess I was wrong. Rich I was going to offer to pay for the original conversion out of my own pocket because you did do the leg work on finding one and I knew your money situation right now . O well I guess you are on your own now. Sorry guys their will not be any conversion from me.
Old 01-19-2003, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

O I forgot to add. I found a local guy to do the graphite work he makes wings for race cars. I do know how much it would cost to put them out he has a program on a computer that would do all the measureing and lay it out for the cnc machine.
Old 01-19-2003, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by KINGZJ
O I forgot to add. I found a local guy to do the graphite work he makes wings for race cars. I do know how much it would cost to put them out he has a program on a computer that would do all the measureing and lay it out for the cnc machine.
Seems to me like it was just a simple misunderstanding..nothing to get all upset at each other about.
Old 01-19-2003, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Rich, maybe you should learn who your friends are in this biz and try to be one, too. Not EVERYONE is out to screw you over all the time -- did ya ever think that I WAS doing some leg work by 1. talking to you about it, 2. FINDING someone to make the Kai conversion, 3. putting out posts to find out what kind of interest it would generate?!
But you're right Rich, everyone is out to get you and I'm a big jerk.
I'm done with you're pissing match.
Old 01-19-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Unhappy Chill out!

It sounds like your getting revved up about this and you are working yourself up after the fact.I appreciate your offer ealier and without knowing the details if you had an uderstanding with the other guy with the Kai conversion,the offer was cool.But basically hes obviously upset @ you but only brought it up once.You both aired it out but this thread is not where you should CONTINUE your rants.Sorry for butting in but your putting everyone in the middle.Either contact each other privately or drop it.jmo
Old 01-19-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

I am done with it we talked on the phone and took care of it there will be no more discussion.
Old 01-19-2003, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

you are right racenut123. kingzj and i have spoke and his intentions were in the right place, i apologize to kingzj and to the readers of this thread for bringing it here
Old 01-19-2003, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Impressions on carpet foam.

I ran my car a full race day and I had a mixed bag of results. in a nutshell-the car is really easy to drive, very smooth, quiet, but has a slight push thats killing the corner speed for me on foam tires. At the start of the day the car wouldnt turn in at highspeed. took care of that. At end of day-car was pretty good as far as overall amount of steering, with a slight over rotation feeling half-way through corner. I barely made the A, but more telling was the lap times. Not super fast cpmpared to the TQ, but very consistent. Fastest lap was 10.9 by TQ, I think and I went 11.3 or 11.4-I think.

Heres the biggest problem-and where I need help. Rollout!!!!

I was going soft in stock with very good batteries and good motors. I was all over the board on pinions and spurs. At 40/96 car felt severely undergeared. motor was barely warm and car had no punch. I went to a 37/90 and felt overgeared. I went as low as 35/90 (1.04" rollout)in the main, and car still went flatter and flatter as run went on. lap time dropped by almost a second on the last few laps. I am a bit lost. On my Tc3 I routinely gear stock motors from 37 to 38/96 with 2.20" tires and car is always fast (1.04 to 1.07 rollouts).

I havent done a thing to the drivetrain but drive it in practice-three heats and a main. Could there be that much drag in the bearings????

Please-anybody know a good rollout for stock on this car. I am lost!!!

Ray
Old 01-19-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default 2nd Run

I was at Tamiya today again and was able to do more runs. the car was doing well on it's first run. On my second run, I had a terrible accident. I tried to pass a slower car in front of me in the straight from the outside. all of a sudden when i was beside him, he went and tried to block my line and I ended up avoiding him and I landed on the side of the track hitting something breaking my front left wheel, it threw my battery pack out too! Anyway I just considered it a big accident. I had tie rods that attached to the "C" block from the upper deck Like 414M style and the ball screw stripped on the "C" block, I think it helped from doing further damaged. Anyway when I got home I rebuild the car and found 3 bad bevel gear tooth on the front gear box. I am not sure when that came about, probably from the crash. Anyway, like RTypeC, I went ahead and flushed the bearings and place a light bearing oil. Tomorrow I will do more set-ups.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Ray,

Is it possible that the car felts so good that it seemed slow. I know that when my TC3 is on the edge it feels really fast and when it is easy to drive it feels slow. But when I look at the lap times they are ok. If you are only a half a second off the pace that is doing pretty good especially with a new car. I bet after a couple more outings you will have it licked.

What is the final drive ration on the evo 3 ? and what is the largest spur (64 pitch) that can be installed?
Hopefully I will be able to test my car next week.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey izzy, does this mean your going to be at socal on tuesday? Sorry about the accident, I saw it happen and from the looks of it, everybody on the track stopped to give you time to pick up the pieces. Talk about a full course yellow! In any event, I hope the damage didn't take too long to fix because I'd like to see it compete Mine's ready run but I've gotta do something about the slight midcorner-onpower push.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

kingjz-I know exactly what you mean!! Its like that isnt it!!!

But this time-since car was so new and I am the only one running it-people were watching and said car looked great already-but has no rip and I saw that running in the A-qualifier-everyone was beating me out of the hole and down the short chutes. It was bad!!!
Old 01-19-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Hi Guys,

I stripped the car down today, and I found a problem with the front one-way bevel Diff ring gear. I'm not sure if it came this way or was it my doing, but two teeth on the ring gear were slightly bent causing the drivetrain to feel "notchy" at that spot. It looks as if it was not molded properly. I checked the two other one-way diff ring gear that came with the kit and found those to be okay. After replacing it the drivetrain now feels much smoother than before.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 01-19-2003, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Couldn't you use a TC3 bevel gear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.