Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

This is my stock/mod setup for rubber tire/asphault track, works pretty good.

Front:
Springs: yellow (harder if more traction)
Oil: 40wt
Stabilizer: yellow
Droop: 5mm
Wheel spacer: 1mm

Rear:
Springs: yellow (harder if more traction)
Oil: 40wt
Stabilizer: yellow
Droop: 4.5mm
Wheel spacer: 0.5mm
Toe-in block: A-C (depends on traction)

(steering links mounted on front hole of upright)

Car is kinda twitchy... I want to play around with shock oils and o-rings in the shocks next.
Old 08-31-2003, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys!

Well, did some changes...and the car was HOOKED at Tamiya.

i stood up the shocks in the rear(right beside the rear body posts) and put a blue sway bar in front. It was fast too...up until i put on a set of non-prepped TO 27's and it became a disaster!!!lol can you say..DONUTS!!! i will prepe the tires next time i run it...ROD!!!!

Stripped my spur gear. All in all, i am very happy with the car..stripped spur and all.
Old 08-31-2003, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Default preping tires

Originally posted by charlie_b
up until i put on a set of non-prepped TO 27's and it became a disasterl.
how do you prepare your slick tires? do you use wd40? is there a way to prep foams also?
Old 08-31-2003, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: preping tires

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
how do you prepare your slick tires? do you use wd40? is there a way to prep foams also?
It depends on the track. Certain tracks like Paragon while other like nothing hehe. There is a tire prep routine adopted at the Reedy Race for Take Offs that only works for the Tamiya track. Perhaps you should ask others at your track what traction compound works best for their surface. As for foams, I don't know.

Yah CB, good fun throwdown session yesterday huh? You EvoS guys have finally convinced me to put mine together. I mean it this time hehe.
Old 08-31-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default My Evo III

Here are a couple of pics of my Evo III
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-evo-3-1.jpg  
Old 08-31-2003, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

and another
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-evo-3-2.jpg  
Old 08-31-2003, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: preping tires

Originally posted by rtypec
Yah CB, good fun throwdown session yesterday huh? You EvoS guys have finally convinced me to put mine together. I mean it this time hehe.
R-type is goin RED eh
Old 08-31-2003, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Better RED than dead! Even though I got second in the throwdowns, but I did beat DJ once (with a little help from a hung-over FMW) haha...I have been persuaded and convinced that the EvoS needs to be built. Now all I gotta do is roll up my sleeves and get to work.

So what's up with the Saturday night racing? hehe more track time to put me away on Tuesday?
Old 08-31-2003, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Better RED than dead! Even though I got second in the throwdowns, but I did beat DJ once (with a little help from a hung-over FMW) haha...I have been persuaded and convinced that the EvoS needs to be built. Now all I gotta do is roll up my sleeves and get to work.

So what's up with the Saturday night racing? hehe more track time to put me away on Tuesday?
Rocket and Randman put out the call, and I figured wtf its a 3day weekend. As far as puttin you away... right now I'm pushing more than a dealer on Crenshaw so don't worry about it R-type
Old 08-31-2003, 04:49 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: Gear Support

Originally posted by E.J. Evans
Hey Guys,

I was thinking of getting this gear support made for the front one way. I know the tamiya factory guys have something similar. It is a support that *has the same circumference* as the gear. Made out of aluminum .062 in thick (same thickness as the graphite piece).

I tried shimming the one way but still stripped a couple.

I don't know if a support like this will solve it, but I know it will help.

I'll test it and see if it works. If it helps I'll have more made. My co-worker owns a machine shop and is making them for me.

Your feed back is appreciated.

Here is how it looks like.
Hey EJ, Great win last week at the TCS...I got your money and will pick up all the parts and stuff you need for your EVO 3. I'll check on your order of Type B tires, they should be in today. RC Square is out of stock on the red aluminum center supports. Here in Japan EVO 3s are currently the most popular car and if there are any new mods that come up I'll let you know. The aluminum gear plate looks good and should help, I'll ask if anyone here in Japan wants one. BTW I have never stripped a front gear since I started using my little secret Let me know how it turns out for you. I guarantee you wont strip out any more gears. Put me down for 2 aluminum plates anyway.

See you in October, Paul
Old 08-31-2003, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Oh now THATS just unfair P2 !!!!!LOL What is "the little secret" ??? Seems like everybody is on a mission to solve the one way issue. I have yet to strip one myself but that probably means I'm going way to slow !!!!!!! LOL. Anybody else got something they're building or trying ???? or something thats already working?? (hint,hint P2 !!!)

BTW...anybody seen any really good prices on the Evo3s ??? If so,let us in on it. I'm in shopping mode !!!!
Old 08-31-2003, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah, we would ALL like to know of this little secret! That would help me so much!

-Sushi Boy
Old 08-31-2003, 06:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Evoracer
Oh now THATS just unfair P2 !!!!!LOL What is "the little secret" ??? Seems like everybody is on a mission to solve the one way issue. I have yet to strip one myself but that probably means I'm going way to slow !!!!!!! LOL. Anybody else got something they're building or trying ???? or something thats already working?? (hint,hint P2 !!!)

BTW...anybody seen any really good prices on the Evo3s ??? If so,let us in on it. I'm in shopping mode !!!!
Speedtech should have that chief
http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/193.html
Old 08-31-2003, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Gear Support

Originally posted by P2
BTW I have never stripped a front gear since I started using my little secret Let me know how it turns out for you. I guarantee you wont strip out any more gears. Put me down for 2 aluminum plates anyway.

See you in October, Paul
There should be no secrets amoung friends. I am sure everyone here would swear not to tell a sole...Scouts Honour, Cross our hearts and hope to die.......

Steevo
Old 08-31-2003, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I think we can skip the "hope to die" part.......I don't think I'm willing to go THAT far !!! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.