Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Morals who has those????

Know what you mean on spares it is just cheaper to get the kit rather than all the other stuff. Especially when it comes to the race versions of Tamiya's kits they just have all the good stuff in them.

D
Old 06-18-2003, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey...is everybody ignoring the question of pricing for the Surikarn??? 2 people have asked what those who have already purchased have paid. Throw us a bone dudes !!! Hey Izzy...saw your ad...keep going down on that price and I'll buy!!!!! So far it looks like Speedtech has everybody waiting to buy from them. Anybody got a better idea!!!!???
Old 06-18-2003, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rtypec
With a chassis looking that nice, you better TQ and win every race you enter for the next three months! haha.

I don't know if/when I'll upgrade mine to EvoS specs or just pick one up but all I can say is that my current race chassis is tired! Countless club race nights, the Reedy Race, TCS with an 8Dub, the KO GP, and tons of practice...my car has got some mileage. What would be better, keep refreshing the car with replacement bits and then upgrade to EvoS spec (with all the blue bits) or just acquire a new ride?
Pick up S.EvoIII, then upgrade your regular EvoIII to the S. spec with the blue parts... then you will get yourself a "true" tamiya team color! Red and blue! and then, once the Red set-up board is released, you might want to pick that up, so if you have the blue one already, you can lay then down side-by-side, and have your two EvoIII's S. spec setting on top of them.......

sounds crazy, but I would do it, if I have the cash! I'm just a died-hard Tamiya fan!!!
Old 06-18-2003, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by TRF-Powered
Pick up S.EvoIII, then upgrade your regular EvoIII to the S. spec with the blue parts... then you will get yourself a "true" tamiya team color! Red and blue! and then, once the Red set-up board is released, you might want to pick that up, so if you have the blue one already, you can lay then down side-by-side, and have your two EvoIII's S. spec setting on top of them.......

sounds crazy, but I would do it, if I have the cash! I'm just a died-hard Tamiya fan!!!
Now that's the kind of thinking I like. I plan running both my evo's so that would be nice to have at the track.

But will Tamiya release all the alloy bits in Blue? Rumour was that all the apres will just be the titanium colour.

Tony
Old 06-18-2003, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rtypec
With a chassis looking that nice, you better TQ and win every race you enter for the next three months! haha.
That's the idea isn't it .

Seriously I doubt it, I'm going to use it in Modified class and I'm only starting to run that now.

I don't know if/when I'll upgrade mine to EvoS specs or just pick one up but all I can say is that my current race chassis is tired! Countless club race nights, the Reedy Race, TCS with an 8Dub, the KO GP, and tons of practice...my car has got some mileage. What would be better, keep refreshing the car with replacement bits and then upgrade to EvoS spec (with all the blue bits) or just acquire a new ride?
I think get the new one and update the current one, there really isn't that much to it.

I'll be running both cars so it will be nice to have them both up to spec.

Tony
Old 06-18-2003, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Evoracer
Hey...is everybody ignoring the question of pricing for the Surikarn??? 2 people have asked what those who have already purchased have paid. Throw us a bone dudes !!! Hey Izzy...saw your ad...keep going down on that price and I'll buy!!!!! So far it looks like Speedtech has everybody waiting to buy from them. Anybody got a better idea!!!!???
I think Speedtech is probably the cheapest I have seen, I got it from RainbowTen (had it on pre-order since they anounce they would only be getting a total of 10, now there are a lot more).

Tony
Old 06-18-2003, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

If you're in the US...SpeedtechRC is your best bet for the best priced Evo3S. You will need to pre-order it though.

If you're in the Asia-Pacific region....RainBowTen is probably where you'd get your Evo3 from...although it might be worth checking out a few stores in Hong Kong as well.

I got mine from RainbowTen for about US$380 but they had it in stock the day it was released. For me shipping is cheaper from Japan than from the US.

Last edited by itchynads; 06-18-2003 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Tight Fitting graphite knuckle arm

I'm currently running evo2 using the front knuckle arms for TA04/414/evo3 , the graphite one.

I just finished transferring the bearings and universal shaft from the EVO2 knuckle arms to the graphite 04/evo3 knuckle arms and I noticed that shaft seems to bind. When I spin the rear wheel (rear upright detached from the car) the spin time is markedly longer that the newly assembled graphite front one (also detached from the car)

The bearings are newly cleaned and lubed, I can put them on a dowel and they spin very freely...

Anybody experienced this before? what did you do to fix it? I'm planning to rip the thing apart again and start shaving some materials to line up the two bearings.
Old 06-19-2003, 03:04 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Tight Fitting graphite knuckle arm

Originally posted by rough512
I'm currently running evo2 using the front knuckle arms for TA04/414/evo3 , the graphite one.

I just finished transferring the bearings and universal shaft from the EVO2 knuckle arms to the graphite 04/evo3 knuckle arms and I noticed that shaft seems to bind. When I spin the rear wheel (rear upright detached from the car) the spin time is markedly longer that the newly assembled graphite front one (also detached from the car)

The bearings are newly cleaned and lubed, I can put them on a dowel and they spin very freely...

Anybody experienced this before? what did you do to fix it? I'm planning to rip the thing apart again and start shaving some materials to line up the two bearings.
the wheel nut isn't done up to tight is it?
this reminded me of a question i've been meaning to ask.
i use to skateboard when i was younger and in the skateboard wheels we used a spacer inbetween the 2 bearings, this way you could tighten up the wheel nut as tight as you can and it wouldn't bind. is there a spacer like this i could use on my evo?
Old 06-19-2003, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Tight Fitting graphite knuckle arm

Originally posted by GTMilenko
the wheel nut isn't done up to tight is it?
this reminded me of a question i've been meaning to ask.
i use to skateboard when i was younger and in the skateboard wheels we used a spacer inbetween the 2 bearings, this way you could tighten up the wheel nut as tight as you can and it wouldn't bind. is there a spacer like this i could use on my evo?
Thanks,

No I don't think this is a problem with the wheel nut being too tight, there's even free play on axle. I use the aluminum Hex hub with the small pin so it's not possible to overtighten and bind the axle.

The old plastic TA04 knuckle arms are okay, the wheel spins freely. I wish the same is true with the graphite one
Old 06-19-2003, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Tight Fitting graphite knuckle arm

Originally posted by rough512
Thanks,

No I don't think this is a problem with the wheel nut being too tight, there's even free play on axle. I use the aluminum Hex hub with the small pin so it's not possible to overtighten and bind the axle.

The old plastic TA04 knuckle arms are okay, the wheel spins freely. I wish the same is true with the graphite one
hmmm and both the back ones are the same?
btw thats one mean afro! is it real? is it you? its wicked!
Old 06-19-2003, 03:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Tight Fitting graphite knuckle arm

hmmm and both the back ones are the same?
btw thats one mean afro! is it real? is it you? its wicked!
What do you mean... The rear upright are the graphite ta04's. They spin freely... the front 04 knuckle arms don't...

That's not me in the avatar, but my friends swear I look like it close enough (except for the hair)...
Old 06-19-2003, 03:34 AM
Tech Regular

lol, yeah you'd take up half the drivers stand with hair like that! but its awsome.

anyway
sorry my mistake,i ment the front ones not the back.
i ment to say is the front left upright the same as the right? are they both giving you trouble?
Old 06-19-2003, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

lol, yeah you'd take up half the drivers stand with hair like that! but its awsome.

anyway
sorry my mistake,i ment the front ones not the back.
i ment to say is the front left upright the same as the right? are they both giving you trouble?

Yes both front uprights are tight. I already tried running them off a dremel with an outrdrive on the chuck. I think it freed up a bit but I'm not sure which got worn, the axle or the bearing
Old 06-19-2003, 06:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Angry evo 3 gearing

what is the gearing for a stock motors in a evo 3.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.