Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TB-Evolution III >

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Old 01-07-2003, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Alan-thanks for the info-really helps!!! I wrote it all down in my manual.

Also-I did just hear from a guy who has already raced the car to not increase the nack-lash on the gears or you could eat teeth in a board tap. SO I guess all my questions are answered!!!
Old 01-07-2003, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ray..

still have kits for sale? if so How much?
Old 01-07-2003, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

rc-zombies-I am sorry-I could only get 5 and those are all sold and already shipped to there happy new owners!!! I personally am not bringing in any. I'll e-mail you someone who is supposed to get more in January 24th or so and he's in Cali!!! he did very well by me and I trust him!!!

Ray
Old 01-07-2003, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rayhuang
Alan-thanks for the info-really helps!!! I wrote it all down in my manual.

Also-I did just hear from a guy who has already raced the car to not increase the nack-lash on the gears or you could eat teeth in a board tap. SO I guess all my questions are answered!!!

Another tip for a smooth drivetrain. Make sure that the diff gear is sitting flat on the one way. I've found that some of my spare diff gears are not flat so I had to tweak them to get them to sit flat by tightening the four screws.

This is not so much an issue for the ball diff in the rear because it does have a little bit of slop which evens it out.

Its also important to make sure that the diff covers are firmly on but not screwed in too tight.

If the covers are too loose, you will run the risk of stripping the gears, particularly the front gear in a hard collision. If they are on too tight it adds drag to the bearings.

On the topic of the toe-in blocks, does anyone have any good setups for stock racing? I'm thinking of going from the rear C block to a B block for less toe- in than the stock setting.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

itchynads-from running my XXXs and my Tc3 -less rear toe in is always a great way to free up the car for extra speed. but I would recommend getting a good stable set-up thats very driveable first-then start taking the rear toe out. Whenever I go for a loose set-up out of the gate-I always end up adding rear toe in-finding some grip, then taking rear toe away later !! I'll never learn!!!

BTW-the new fluorine coated shocks are THE smoothest shocks I have ever built. And Easy to build too-unlike the Tc3 shocks!!! I love-em!!!
Old 01-07-2003, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Body posts

Anyone know if the body mounting posts of the TB Evo3 are identical to the evo2 or 414m2??? I just got a new body, but not my evo3 yet.. need to know if I can paint it now.. heheh.. thanks
Old 01-07-2003, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Body posts

Originally posted by AQuionIV
Anyone know if the body mounting posts of the TB Evo3 are identical to the evo2 or 414m2??? I just got a new body, but not my evo3 yet.. need to know if I can paint it now.. heheh.. thanks
They are different, in length to the 414m2 unfortunately
Old 01-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Body posts

Originally posted by itchynads
They are different, in length to the 414m2 unfortunately
I think u better buy TB3 with new body, because I tested my TB3 last night and compare with TC3 . as the result, I can be get very stable and linear round the corner and save more energy than the TC3 to let me a great surprise so that last night I can short 1 second per round in same track but diff car.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:24 PM
Tech Addict

Default body mounting posts

is it the same as the TB Evo 2?? And what body do you guys suggest I use? 2 suggestions.. one regular body (by any maker) the other for TCS (Tamiya body).. I want my car to stay aerodynamic as possible, as I need it very much.. heheh.. thanks
Old 01-07-2003, 11:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: body mounting posts

Originally posted by AQuionIV
is it the same as the TB Evo 2?? And what body do you guys suggest I use? 2 suggestions.. one regular body (by any maker) the other for TCS (Tamiya body).. I want my car to stay aerodynamic as possible, as I need it very much.. heheh.. thanks
If used to racing , just choose Protoform dodge stratus 2.0, if not TCS
Old 01-07-2003, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

yea, I got the Stratus 2.0, and the Crowd Pleazer TC right now (Both unpainted and ready to go.). I also have a Beams Integra on back order, but am wondering if the NSX or the Ferrari body is better.. any ideas on wat body the TCS guys use?? thanks

Antonio
Old 01-08-2003, 12:02 AM
Tech Champion

The Ferrari 360 is the go! big at TCS in Japan and Australia.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:14 AM
Tech Champion

so anyone strayed from the kit setup? what success have u had?
Old 01-08-2003, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default US TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIPS

I resently spoke to some of the TRF drivers from the US and they received the EVO3 kit for use in the US TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIPS at S&N's Trackside Raceway & Hobbies, January 9th - 12th, 2003

It will be interesting to see how well they will fair without any testing time with the new car....or extra parts, guess the M2 will serve as a decent back-up car.

For real time race info. vist the Trackside site at:

http://www.trackside.com/

Best of luck to Dave and Jimmy!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tamiyatrf/
Old 01-08-2003, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Jack is that you? Lol. Some of the TRF guys will be pulling all nighters to get their rides ready to go. From seeing some early testing here at SoCal with the Evo3's they look 80% dialled outta the box. I can't wait to Alu-Ti mine out and make it as illegally light as possible

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.