Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by GTMilenko
that didn't work eithier
it only seems to do it badly when accelerating with the wheels turned from zero, or when slowing to a stop with the wheels turn.
i'm doing all this testing on the car stand by the way.
so the low down is the front wheels in my car are clunking and vibrating when going slow and turning.
One last idea,

have you tried puting the one way back in the car and seeing if it makes any difference at all.

Tony
Old 05-14-2003, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

Tony - i'll try that in the morning. its the last thing,it must be it, it must have something to do with my spool, heres hoping.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default UK spares

Alain / Weekend Racer,

Can you tell me a good place to pick up spares for the EVO III in the UK, I know a lot of spares are interchangable with the TA04 and the 414, specifically the one way diff ring gear, and the rear diff ring gear are the two parts I am getting really short on.

Alain, I suspect I met you the last time I was at TRCC, if you were the guy with the tarmac rally car. I should be able to make it back down to TRCC in the next couple of weeks. Have they moved the indoor track yet ??

Cheers

Andrew
Old 05-14-2003, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: UK spares

Originally posted by little*oak
Alain / Weekend Racer,

Can you tell me a good place to pick up spares for the EVO III in the UK, I know a lot of spares are interchangable with the TA04 and the 414, specifically the one way diff ring gear, and the rear diff ring gear are the two parts I am getting really short on.

Alain, I suspect I met you the last time I was at TRCC, if you were the guy with the tarmac rally car. I should be able to make it back down to TRCC in the next couple of weeks. Have they moved the indoor track yet ??

Cheers

Andrew
Hi Andrew

Depends what you want for spares, as you say all the suspension is TA04, driveshafts TRF414M2 so they're easy to get. You could try Iris at Cheshire models ([email protected]) I know she has a few spares as she is the main supplier for the Eurocup. If not the best is to bring them in from Japan.
At the moment we are still running at the old track as we are still trying to find a new venue

Alan
Old 05-14-2003, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

tony- that didn't work either.
i'm going to replace alot of the stuff in my car and see if it helps.
i'll replace :
propeller shaft
all bearings
all gears
and all universals.
i run the car in some pretty dusty conditions so it probbily is the bearings.

btw are the ta04 universals the same as the evo 3 ones?
Old 05-14-2003, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Very strange.

As far as the uni's go, not sure, the dogbone part needs to be the 42mm ones, the other bit should be similar to the 04.

I can't remember the length of the 04 ones.

It's not some freaky radio glitching is it?

Tony
Old 05-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

i haven't had much radio glitching before, but i'm sure this isn't it.
it has to be bearings
Old 05-14-2003, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

My dad's car is now having the same problem as GTMilenko. On the stand if i give it throttle in a straight line it sounds perfect but if i turn at low speeds it sounds really bad and shakes alot. If it goes at high speed while turning it sounds perfect again. We bought the car second hand and i think it has aa spool in it because it has 4 wheel raking and there is a one way in the box.

GTMilenko- When you find out what it is could ya please tell us all? Thanks, and if we find out the problem i will tell you all too.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

GT check the Uni's for being true this should show up at speed not low

Uni shaft length

E3, 414- 42mm

04's 39mm

It could also be unbalanced wheels at high speed does the car seem to vibrate more than normal try it with no wheels and then with wheels go slow through the throttle and see if it shows up at a certain point. Unbalanced wheels will "rollout" at high speed but you can still feel the imbalance in the chassis.

Also take the Uni drive pin out and replace it with the pin from the wheel hub it is slightly longer than the uni pin I do this on build and forget this sometimes when finding a problem, mine had loosened a hint and caused a little drag and I found it during a teardown a month ago. On track you could not feel it other than a strange twitch here and there and everything will feel normal for the most part
Old 05-14-2003, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

i'm pretty sure its not the wheels, i've tryed different wheels and no luck also like you say a unbalanced wheel should shake more at high speed, but my car is worst at low speed then gets better as you go fast, the problem is almost nonexcistan with the wheels off but i can still here it clunky just a lil.
this makes me think it must be bearings.
i've never had worn bearing so what happens when you have worn bearings?
i'm about to order those parts now so when they turn up i'll let you know if it worked. but i won't know which thing it was cause i'm replacing it all at once. if it doesn't work i think i'll cry
Old 05-14-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

FOr those of you who were interested in the spools that a local machinist was making for myself and difuser, here is some shots of the final product.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-spool1.jpg  
Old 05-14-2003, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

this particular model happens to be the 7075 aluminum model.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by peter_robinson
FOr those of you who were interested in the spools that a local machinist was making for myself and difuser, here is some shots of the final product.
Peter, how can I get one for the Reedy?
Old 05-14-2003, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

there are currently four versions being made, hardened steel, lightweight hardened steel, aluminum, and lightweight aluminum.

the lightweight versions of the spools just have more material removed than is seen in the picture. this is one of the regular weight aluminum ones.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-spool3.jpg  
Old 05-14-2003, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

and which you can bearly see in my car here, is the hardened lightweight steel version. difuser and i will be doing testing this weekend if the weather will allow us here in seattle. we will also be testing some new aluminum center bridges, the ones in the pictures a posted a few pages back.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-steel.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.