Tamiya TB-Evolution III >

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Old 04-05-2003, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by AQuionIV
How much is 2000 yen in US Dollars?? and how do we order
it's about $17.25 and you can take the currnt yen to dollar rate which is about 115 Yen to the US $

so..item price / 115 = your price or

2000Yen / 115 = 17.39

-Dave

You can get Square Parts through Rainbow Ten
Old 04-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

tips on dealing with rainbow ten:
once u know the price
just make an email order
[email protected]
then u will witness the lightning speed response.
do take into account they operate on office hours Monday-Friday.
dont bother with inquiries
Old 04-06-2003, 12:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

wat's the web addy to rainbow10 again?
Old 04-06-2003, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/index.html
Old 04-06-2003, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

went racing yesterday... wow!!! i did a 23 lapper!! my BEST ever and i believe the norm for the pros at my track! I had sooo much fun yesterday, man i love my evo3! I qualified 3rd, but had reversed order start at the Amain so started 3rd to last.... and through much turmoil and crashes all over the place by others, i managed to end up in 3rd again... had i had one more lap I would have easily had 2nd. :P

Ummm, so all these hopups that are coming out...would they make me faster? how exactly does the aluminum stuff make it better? it weighs more and makes the car more stiff, but i run bumpy asphalt and the flex is pretty good. I dont even run that front plastic tunnel brace.
Old 04-06-2003, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

aluma,

i think that for your track condition, you may not need the parts that will make the chassis stiffer (3mm chasssis, aluminum center brace, etc.) but you may still want to consider the new tuning part. the new shock towers and camberlink mounting postitions will only allow you to further tune your suspension.

but as the old saying goes, don't mess with a good thing, if it aint broke don't fix it that sort of thing. if you are happy with your car, then just drive and have fun!

peter
Old 04-06-2003, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Does anypne know a part number and release date of the "camberlink mounting"?

Pizza
Old 04-06-2003, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I ran the EVO this weekend. Saturday on carpet racing stock. Sunday asphalt in stock. Both cars ran pretty good too. Carpet was setup pretty good. Just need to get correct gearing with a Monster Stock and 56mm tires. Qualified 6th. Ended up 3rd in the Amain.

For Sunday my car was setup pretty good as well. I had trouble in the first round and ended up cracking my front shock tower and slightly stripping the oneway gear. 2nd round had some glitching problems and stripped out the oneway gear. 1 lap off TQ pace. 3rd round tossed in a ball diff up front. Moved the front shock to the inner most hole on the tower were the crack was. Ended up taking TQ by 7seconds. For the main I barely led over half the race. But the motor I was tossed in was slower than the 3rd round motor. Took a couple taps form other cars and lost 1st 2 or 3 times to end up 2nd over all. It was a fun day! Had a blast!

The ball diff did better than I thought. And I guess I'll be running it for awhile now til I can come up with some kind of "fix" for the oneway gear. I shimmed the main shaft.... "trimmed" the crown gear... and used a backing plate on the oneway diff gear. But I can see the crashes would have messed it up anyways. I just think there needs to be a better way.

Anyways, the car ran great. Had a blast with it. The drive train really smoothed out. Much more free than my TC3 ever was. Now I just need to order some more oneway gears and get a new front shock tower. I was thinking about getting the Square ones. I'd also like to try the 3mm chassis as well when it's availible stateside. Well let me head out. Gotta clean the pollen off my car!

Jimmy Mac
Old 04-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Cat
Tech Initiate

PizzaDude:STB-37B (blue)
STB-37T (ti in color)
Old 04-06-2003, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Cat,

Thanks.
But aren't those Square part numbers?

Do you know the Tamiya part numbers as well?
Our rules allow only Tamiya parts...

Pizza
Old 04-06-2003, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default Experience Share

Hi all,

I have posted severals reply about my TB III's front gear box problem. Now I know what it was.

After the 1st collision I had, the rear bevel gear was deformed. It then turns out allow the propeller shaft more forward and backwork. This make the shaft cannot hold the front bevel gear firm enough. When force adding on the front gear, the force push the shaft to the back which the deformed rear bevel allows. Then the front bevel gear loosed out and lost it position and finally strip the front one-way gear. By the way the loosing out of propeller shaft also smooth out the edge on the shaft which help holding the front bevel gear.

Hope this help other poeple who forget to check the rear like me
Old 04-07-2003, 02:02 AM
Cat
Tech Initiate

PizzaDude: I just know that new square parts for TB3 will be release at 10-April but can't get any information do Tamiya release the metal mount as an option parts or not.
Old 04-07-2003, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

Final results of the LRP TCM 2003
Levanen (TC3) won
Surikarn 5th
Graversen 9th
Suzuki 10th

Bernd Haas won the Pro spec class in style

u can check the LRP website to see the pictures of Graversen, Surikarn and Haas cars u can see great pictures of the new parts new springs, new gearboxes, alu mounts etc...
Old 04-07-2003, 03:21 AM
Cat
Tech Initiate

New Tamiya Spring rate:
(soft - hard)
Red
Yellow
Blue
White
Grey (new)
Dark Red (new)
Old 04-07-2003, 06:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Overclocked - Nice ring gear plate! I did something similar with 1/16" G10 fiberglass. I used a slightly smaller diameter on the plate. My results have been very good, we just had a three day race, probably about 70-80 minutes of track time, no failures

Speaking of three day races, we just concluded our championship race yesterday. The Tamiya TB Evolution III TQ’d and won the 19T & Open Mod classes. A TB Evolution III was also featured in the stock sedan A-Main. Complete details and results should be posted on the RC Ottawa website within a couple of days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.