Search
Like Tree125Likes

CTS - California Touring Series

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default CTS - California Touring Series

Hello Racers!!!

I'm starting a new Series called CTS aka California Touring Series here in the West Coast starting Feb 27, 2016. It will be held at 6 different track locations in Northern California with the combination of carpet and asphalt surfaces. The purpose of this series is to create awareness for On Road racing in the US. By emulating what Europe and Asia has accomplished, this will give the On Road racers out here a chance to showcase their talent and skills. The series will have daily updates on reports, results, podium photos and videos of racing which can be seen on Facebook/CTS. My vision is to bring out some great battles and continue the On Road popularity in the USA.

***LIVE COVERAGE CAN BE VIEWED AND REPLAYED DURING RACE DAYS BY DOWNLOADING AN APP CALLED "PERISCOPE" (REQUEST ME UNDER USERNAME THEBATMAN80 OR LEX TYLER)***

The Series Racing Format will be 3 Qualifiers and a Main (Only One Race Day)

Open free practice the day before

Each race day of the Series will have a theme to it:

Race 1 "SEASON OPENER"
Race 2 "AWAKEN"
Race 3 "HANGOVER"
Race 4 "DETOX"
Race 5 "REHAB"
Race 6 "JUDGEMENT DAY" Finals

***ONE THROW OUT***

***SOLARIS OFFICIAL SPEC TIRE***

CLASSES: MOD TC - 17.5 SPEC - USGT - F1

Series will include a "Concourse" with a Winner in each class for best paint job.

"DA$H-4-CA$H" (classes with most entries qualify-must complete fastest 2 laps in opposite direction-10 names will be pulled out of box)

Winners of each race day will receive a podium photo shot and Award for race won.

Winners of the points chase will receive a Championship Trophy on the Final Race Day "JUDGEMENT DAY" at Warm Springs Raceway in Fremont Ca.

Hope to see all of you

SPONSORS AND INVITES ARE WELCOMED

"Let's Run Em!!!"

Lex Tyler

Last edited by Lex Tyler; 12-29-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Default CTS?

Great vision!! Can we get some feedback from other racers on this thread?

Last edited by Ivan Dickson; 12-25-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Rather then railroad this thread, I think leaving it for the promotion of his series is appropriate. Maybe you could start another thread Ivan?
Old 12-25-2015, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Ivan thanks for your opinion. Believe me I spent some time on my WhatsApp forum about the whole abbreviation for the series lol. I had it as long as 7 letters. I don't want to even show what we were discussing on WhatsApp it started to become inappropriate and hilarious. One of the racers did mention that it was too long but liked it and I decided to call it CTS. This series is being created where I'm from and eventually spread across the US. What Racenut said is true. Starting off locally and eventually including tracks from where you're from. It's gonna take some hard work and effort to have sponsors involved slowly but surely we'll make the CTS out that way. Not trying to leave other states out, just thought someone stepped up and made this happen. In the end, We The Racers of USA will make a statement in Live RC On Road Electric Coverage. No pun intended for the ETS and AOS instead thank you for the inspiration you have spread all over the world.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racenut123
Rather then railroad this thread, I think leaving it for the promotion of his series is appropriate. Maybe you could start another thread Ivan?
I'm all for CTS,,,,I live in California, this would be perfect! No need for another thread.

Originally Posted by Lex Tyler
Ivan thanks for your opinion. Believe me I spent some time on my WhatsApp forum about the whole abbreviation for the series lol. I had it as long as 7 letters. I don't want to even show what we were discussing on WhatsApp it started to become inappropriate and hilarious. One of the racers did mention that it was too long but liked it and I decided to call it CTS. This series is being created where I'm from and eventually spread across the US. What Racenut said is true. Starting off locally and eventually including tracks from where you're from. It's gonna take some hard work and effort to have sponsors involved slowly but surely we'll make the CTS out that way. Not trying to leave other states out, just thought someone stepped up and made this happen. In the end, We The Racers of USA will make a statement in Live RC On Road Electric Coverage. No pun intended for the ETS and AOS instead thank you for the inspiration you have spread all over the world.
Your vision is right on time....I was just thinking about this earlier this month. I would
Definitely attend CTS Races. Could this happen in 2016?
Old 12-25-2015, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think it's good the way it is. I live on the east coast and would have no interest in flying out to the different states once or twice a month. Just ends up costing too much. The USA is so big that we could have a different series in different regions. Maybe a WCTS (West Coast Touring Series) and an ECTS (East Coast Touring Series). Then have whatever in between. I'd be more interested in something like that.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:28 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hey Tyler
You are in the right track
We northwest did the same ideal of what your thinking
It last up to three great years until we lost a few on road track owner
I was one of the support sponsors for the program
Don't give up it was fun
Old 12-25-2015, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Kudos Lex!

Definitely looking forward to this series.

Nel
Old 12-25-2015, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Ivan good stuff. The Series starts exactly 64 days from now on February 27, 2016.

Jimmy Mac send me some links to the tracks you race at I would love to view them.

Just when you thought it was "OVA" this is just the beginning and can't wait to see some old faces come back into the scene.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up CTS is coming!!

Ivan good stuff. The Series starts exactly 64 days from now on February 27, 2016.

Jimmy Mac send me some links to the tracks you race at I would love to view them.

Just when you thought it was "OVA" this is just the beginning and can't wait to see some old faces come back into the scene.
Great Lex! look forward to seeing schedule and track locations.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Go on our Facebook page under CTS you will see details there
Old 12-25-2015, 02:46 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Your are right about the old faces will be coming back
Works for us
About three ago
A racer names Brian Shook
He started this ideal and it was great idea and lot of fun racing
Old 12-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Go on our Facebook page under CTS you will see details there
Thanks found the page, here's the page click here
Old 12-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Default Flier

Here's the flier...
Old 12-25-2015, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Racers!!!

I'm starting a new Series called CTS aka California Touring Series here in the West Coast starting Feb 27, 2016. It will be held at 6 different track locations in Northern California with the combination of carpet and asphalt surfaces. The purpose of this series is to create awareness for On Road racing in the US. By emulating what Europe and Asia has accomplished, this will give the On Road racers out here a chance to showcase their talent and skills. The series will have daily updates on reports, results, podium photos and videos of racing which can be seen on Facebook/CTS. My vision is to bring out some great battles and continue the On Road popularity in the USA.

The Series Racing Format will be 3 Qualifiers and a Main (Only One Race Day)

Open free practice the day before

Each race day of the Series will have a theme to it:

Race 1 "SEASON OPENER"
Race 2 "AWAKEN"
Race 3 "HANGOVER"
Race 4 "DETOX"
Race 5 "REHAB"
Race 6 "JUDGEMENT DAY" Finals

***ONE THROW OUT***

***SOLARIS OFFICIAL SPEC TIRE***

CLASSES: MOD TC - 17.5 SPEC - USGT - F1

Series will include a "Concourse" with a Winner in each class for best paint job.

"DA$H-4-CA$H" (classes with most entries qualify-must complete fastest 2 laps in opposite direction-10 names will be pulled out of box)

Winners of each race day will receive a podium photo shot and Award for race won.

Winners of the points chase will receive a Championship Trophy on the Final Race Day "JUDGEMENT DAY" at Warm Springs Raceway in Fremont Ca.

Hope to see all of you

SPONSORS AND INVITES ARE WELCOMED

"Let's Run Em!!!"

Lex Tyler
Great name. It's short & catchy. I think it would be a good thing to have a race Series near by, well, sort of. It's within my commute range.
I would like to know more about the rules. What motors, ESC's, bodies,(I'm assuming TC bodies only?) And what's with the specific name brand of the tires? Are these slicks only? Is this location a hobby shop? I'd like to know more about the specifics. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.