Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bec?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 06:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Bec?

Hi, I am new to electric cars and am wondering how do I get my car to run all of its stuff off the 7.2V battery pack? Right now, the only way I can get the car to run is to hook up the 7.2 and the reciever battery pack.
Thanks
Old 10-27-2002, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

BEC or Battery Elimination Curcuitry, is a feature of nearly all modern receivers. If you plug you ESC into channel 2 power is automatically provided to the receiver and the chanel 1 servo.

If you using a mechanical speed control you cant take advantage of this option unless you wire a special lead from the battery to the receiver from your 7.2V pack. If you're not using an ESC I would really recommend you get one, even a cheap one is 100 times better than the mechanical option.
Old 10-27-2002, 07:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have an LRP F1 esc. When I plug the esc into the reciever, nothing happens. I have to plug a seperate battery pack into the reciever in order to power the reciever and servoes. I have a JR XR2 and I know that the reciever has this feature. Please Help
Thanks Again
Old 10-27-2002, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Hi

Don't know much about the LRP F1, but I'm sure it should be BEC compatile. May be a silly question but are your cells charged and connected correctly to the ESC? Also does the ESC work OK when U use a separtate pack for your receiver?
Old 10-27-2002, 08:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes, I can drive the car around when using two seperate packs (one for the motor and one for the reciever/servoes.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is there some sort of special connector I need to make this work?