Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

VBC Racing D08

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

another question...do they translate to any other brand?
Old 05-31-2017, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

@EDWARD2003

My new VBC D08 Dynamics Edition TC car came in and am going to start the build tonight... (hopefully)

Just wanted to say thanks again Edward for your build and setup videos. I just watched all the ones related to the D08 and really appreciate you taking the time to do them. I especially found the one on sway bar setup very informative! I'll have some confidence going in to the build on this thing now.

Thanks man!

Barry
Old 05-31-2017, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Awesome you got your car finally
I have one more d08 dynamics left at a great price if anyone is interested
Gripworksrc.com
Originally Posted by aracefan
@EDWARD2003

My new VBC D08 Dynamics Edition TC car came in and am going to start the build tonight... (hopefully)

Just wanted to say thanks again Edward for your build and setup videos. I just watched all the ones related to the D08 and really appreciate you taking the time to do them. I especially found the one on sway bar setup very informative! I'll have some confidence going in to the build on this thing now.

Thanks man!

Barry
Old 05-31-2017, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AlexPate
Awesome you got your car finally
I have one more d08 dynamics left at a great price if anyone is interested
Gripworksrc.com
yes, Thanks Alex - you are the MAN!

It actually came in last Thursday, but I was in Dallas to RACE!
Appreciate you, sir - and I wished I lived a little closer to ya.

Finally got to run the Lightning10 in WGT-R and it was a freakin' blast. VBC is my new addiction.

If anyone is wanting anything VBC, can't recommend GripworksRC and Mr. Alex Pate enough - great guy and very helpful! Take care bud. I'm sure I'll be in touch (eyeing that new 235-M )
Old 06-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I forgot to mention my D08 setup uses the Gold upper deck.

https://www.vbcracing.com/collection...te-a-01-g31195

I will try a standard upper deck and see if this makes much of a difference.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
I too had this issue for sometime. I was racking my brain trying to figure out how to fix it. I found out that the upper bulkhead caps have a big influence on the spacing on the lower bulkheads. If this is done wrong this will cause the upper deck to tweak and ultimately the chassis to have a tweak.

Take the upper bulkhead cap assembly off.

What I did was I loosened the shock tower screws allowing the upper bulkhead caps to be loose. Then I set the upper bulkhead spacing for 19 mm and carefully tightened the shock towers screws down in a X pattern. Then I take the other shock assembly and place it on top of the already completed one and used it as a template.

I then loosen the lower bulkheads to prepare for the upper assembly to be mounted to it.

Once both upper cap assemblies are finished I then place them on the lower assembly and screw them down.

I don't screw the lower assembly to the chassis just yet. I then place the upper deck on and screw it down slightly. What I mean by this is that there should be some up and downward movement of the upper deck.

Once the two bulkheads are loosely connected by the upper deck I then flip the chassis upside down. (Take off body posts for this)

I then have the chassis upside down and using the shock towers as points of contact on a flat surface. I then tighten the the lower bulkhead screws down. Flip the chassis over and check to see if the upper deck falls under it's own weight. If it dose then the chassis is good to go.

So I finally tried this... seems like my upper deck is not totally lining up with bulkheads, may be I should get a drill and make the top deck screw holes little bigger.

Seems like my top deck is little too long or too short. Just me?

With top deck totally off, its flat on my set up board.. so I'm thinking it can't be the actual chassis it self
Old 06-09-2017, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1shnot
So I finally tried this... seems like my upper deck is not totally lining up with bulkheads, may be I should get a drill and make the top deck screw holes little bigger.

Seems like my top deck is little too long or too short. Just me?

With top deck totally off, its flat on my set up board.. so I'm thinking it can't be the actual chassis it self
I think it has to do with your bulkhead alignment. I would look into picking up a bulkhead alignment bar and that might very well sort this issue out.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just bought the mounts to chassis mount the steering linkage. My question is do you remove the mount for the floating linkage and then install the chassis mount system?
Old 07-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

How does this car compare to the others on the market? I've been trying new tc chassis's out! We don't have one at my local track either. Any information would be great on how this car handles! Also I'm coming from a detc410!
Old 07-04-2017, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer034life
How does this car compare to the others on the market? I've been trying new tc chassis's out! We don't have one at my local track either. Any information would be great on how this car handles! Also I'm coming from a detc410!
Either the D08 or the D09 can compete with any of the other high end cars out there. Currently the D09 Dynamics kit is a very good deal and gets you pretty much everything you could want for tuning on the car. The D08 Dynamics is a good deal as well, but doesn't include the aluminum chassis. Either one is still less than pretty much any of the other kits out there and the price for replacements parts are still on the low side compared to others.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Either the D08 or the D09 can compete with any of the other high end cars out there. Currently the D09 Dynamics kit is a very good deal and gets you pretty much everything you could want for tuning on the car. The D08 Dynamics is a good deal as well, but doesn't include the aluminum chassis. Either one is still less than pretty much any of the other kits out there and the price for replacements parts are still on the low side compared to others.
D08 dynamics and d09 dynamics kits available here https://gripworksrc.com/collections/vbc-racing-car-kits
D08 dynamics is clearance price.

There is also a 10% sale on untill midnight tonight.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fanfor18
I just bought the mounts to chassis mount the steering linkage. My question is do you remove the mount for the floating linkage and then install the chassis mount system?

Thats correct.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Default FINALLY

Finally able to start the build on the VBC D08 Dynamic Edition I picked up from Alex @ GripworksRC!!

I know it's an older chassis now and the D09 D.E. is out - but I just thought I would share the build pics. It's taking me a while to build and I'm in no rush as I run my TC7 anyway (yes, I know, it's an older model too - just like me)

I think the quality of the materials on this car is quite a bit ahead of the VBC 12M and Lightning FX F1 cars. . . why, I don't know - it just is.

Playing with the camera...

Normal again.

The fit and finish on this car is amazing - especially when compared to the 1/12 & F1 cars. Night and day difference. This car rivals my Associated TC7 fit and finish!

Thanks for looking - hope to build the front end & shocks later this week.
Still have another FF17 to build.

BONUS VBC FF17 on the mailbox shot!

Old 08-22-2017, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Little more progress. . .

Not sure why the CA turned white on the spool gear?? Didn't even use that much, and used the thick stuff so it wouldn't run all over. Oh well.

Just need to do the stabilizer bars, shocks, front bumper, then she'll be ready for gear.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Now we are distributing VBC Racing products to US market.

https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod...?s_maker_id=87

FYI, Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.