Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

VBC Racing D08

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by whityboy
only on super high grip they are more easy to drive fast. on medium/low the vbc schocks are beter.
If grip is low long schocks are beter.

Tech tip: if you build your schocks put a 0.2 shim on the white schock piston, and drille the 3 holes to 1.3mm. car will be easier to drive fast. and have the feeling of short shocks.

If you drive outdoor drill the shockcap (1mm) indoor no hole in shockcap
Was exactly the same idea I had yesterday with building the shocks, I felt little play at the pistons and put a . 2mm spacer under it. Way smoother now.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Had the opportunity to try out a D08 last night... have to say it felt pretty good on track, with a fair amount of mid to exit steering. Well, more than the T4 I have been running.

Setup I ended up on is below, basically started out with Ryan's base asphalt setup and tuned from there. Main changes were to softer shocks, slightly stiffer diff, and front link height.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
D08 - EC - SMA 9Feb16.pdf (421.4 KB, 196 views)
Old 02-10-2016, 04:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Svendc
I was wondering of anyone has already testing the steering rack support in front, with high grip to avoid griproll? (Attach the steering rack at the topdeck)
On d07, it was more aggressive. So not a good idea imo.
It was pretty good on outoor, on track like Bierset.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nicoo2k4
On d07, it was more aggressive. So not a good idea imo.
It was pretty good on outoor, on track like Bierset.
Ok tkx good to know Nico.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Had the opportunity to try out a D08 last night... have to say it felt pretty good on track, with a fair amount of mid to exit steering. Well, more than the T4 I have been running.

Setup I ended up on is below, basically started out with Ryan's base asphalt setup and tuned from there. Main changes were to softer shocks, slightly stiffer diff, and front link height.
Hi Ed,
Just curious on how you found the shocks without and with the hole in the top cap.
Hoping to finish my son's car tonight for racing at Castle Hill.

Thanks
Fred
Old 02-10-2016, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard

WOW Tryhard joins the party well quite strong setup imo. things i would try next for test. make weelbase bit shorter, 2mm spacer in the back instead of 3, if you lack a little streering turn in, make the back a little bit smaller, will have more steering but car will be more agressive to drive.
Also diff still is soft i think. i know Lucas runs most of the time 20K.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fredp1
Hi Ed,
Just curious on how you found the shocks without and with the hole in the top cap.

Thanks
Fred
well with hole in cap car is a bit more easy to drive. you can get 0% rebound easy, and you can use al little more heavier oil. hope this helps
Old 02-11-2016, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Svendc
I was wondering of anyone has already testing the steering rack support in front, with high grip to avoid griproll? (Attach the steering rack at the topdeck)
Hi Svend
I tried it on a small technical carpet track with medium grip last weekend. The car had less steering and slower lap times, but the circles in/out were nicer, more smooth, so it could be good for bigger flowing tracks, and outdoor.

The motormount post was better for this track, as it gave more steering and a better reacting car.

Good luck

Søren Boy Holst
Old 02-11-2016, 01:09 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

It's maybe a bit offtopic but it witch car the Ghost Evo RM or the D08 would be best for stock class 13.5 indoor an 10.5 outdoor?
Thanks for any help.

Regards Claude
Old 02-11-2016, 03:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fredp1
Hi Ed,

Thanks
Fred
I borrowed the car from a mate, and he had already drilled the caps. But it is something I have always done for tarmac on previous cars. As Whityboy mentions, helps to make the car a bit smoother, and easier to set zero rebound.

Originally Posted by whityboy
WOW Tryhard joins the party well quite strong setup imo. things i would try next for test. make weelbase bit shorter, 2mm spacer in the back instead of 3, if you lack a little streering turn in, make the back a little bit smaller, will have more steering but car will be more agressive to drive.
Also diff still is soft i think. i know Lucas runs most of the time 20K.
Not joined... yet. Just had the opportunity to satisfy my curiosity on the car. So far been impressed, many features I really like.
Track I was on is quite a low grip tight asphalt track, where 3-5k tends to be the go to diff oils. But the car did improve when I went up, so would like to try out 7 and 10 in future.
Also want to try out the different motor post options, and play with some flex settings on the mount itself as well.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

i'm wonder, is there a possibility to run the tape of the battery above tht chassis unther the battery, like the ARC R11 and ASSO TC7. The chassis can more flex than when you tape the battery so the tapes goes undernear the chassis.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks whityboy and TryHard for the feedback.
I'm going to try the breather hole mod to the shock cap and also have some PSS inserts to try too.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Finished building the D08 last night. After having some very good results with the D06, I'm looking forward to seeing how it drives tonight.

I was very happy with the build quality. Loved the optional fan mount. The stealth wire channel under the motor mount is a great idea.
One thing I noticed was the body holes are different to the D06. The rear holes are positioned slightly further back.

Will post back after the club meeting.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Ive been running the car for about 6 weeks now and finally feel like I'm getting somewhere. My car was a weapon tonight. I run 13.5. Blinky with Ltc and volante 36 gold on a indoor asphalt track. I Love the steering and direction change. It's pretty tough too as I've had some Tumbles. Diff and shocks are easy to build. I drilled the shock caps immediately. Main changes from the kit set up are a 6k diff, 1.4 rear bar, Ive lengthened the front wheelbase 1mm. Im using 2 screws in the split suspension blocks low grip and add the extra screws as the grip comes up. I'm yet to get my hands on the steering and Motor mount posts but this is next on my buy list. I borrowed some xray 2.6/2.7 springs tonight and found them slower than red/red or orange/red vbc springs. I was running 400 3 hole red/red but feel maybe if I wanted to run the heavier springs I'm a bit under damped.

I'll post a sheet tomorrow when I fire up the PC.love the car.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Wondering if I could get a little help with some measurements.

I need the diameter of the suspension arms inner hinge pin.

The center to center distance of the mounting holes in the one piece hinge pin carrier.

And the center to center distance of the 3 degree insert.

I am trying to see if these will fit on another chassis I like the look and design of these over x ray or associated.

Thanks

Bronson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.