Wiki Posts
Search

cen matrix

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Here you have some pics of the RTR R2 i just received (hope the PRO comes to the market very soon) ... looks great, cant think on a better RTR as close as racing ready as this one, and just gained a new driver lol !! :

(extra comments as answers on other forum) :

Sat or sunday will tear the RTR apart just to "know it" better and
change the oils to my usual setups.

I do agree on the phillips screws for beginers, in fact i usually use
Tony's Screw kits but i will change the stock ones only when they need
to be replaced not before.

Shocks are 16mm

Front axles are universals/cv's and rear ones are dogbones, center
shafts are dogbones, all very thin and lightweight as the ones i know
from the worlds, now we have 8x16mm all over the place so no more "big
bearings" on the rear, the car seems very very light compared to prior
car ... radio plate/battery box in one piece seems very smart idea, very
low weight too, im dying to try the car at the track.

Composite shocks mhhhh at first sight when i saw them i though maybe not
a good idea, but i already dissasembled them and they are rock solid, so
i will race-test them without any doubt. Stock silver springs feel
like in between of white and silvers from jammins so im happy with them.

As i have my first race of the 2009 season next weekend 10th and 11th im
seriously thinking on race the RTR as "stock" as possible.

as i tear it apart i will get more pics of it ...

and about the painting scheme ... AWESOME

cya guys !!

arnt you so cute holding your body!!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hello, i have a matrix fre that i bought used so i do not have the manual,and it did not come with the preloads.i try to use my nephews preloads from his kyosho but where to small,where can i buy just the preloads.iam thinking of replacing the shocks with some threaded ones. what are the sizes of the matrix shocks. i want to make sure i buy something thats going to fit. or if you know of certain brands that fit let me know. thank you.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

you can get the jammin big bores,
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16927
Old 01-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by meno222
hello, i have a matrix fre that i bought used so i do not have the manual,and it did not come with the preloads.i try to use my nephews preloads from his kyosho but where to small,where can i buy just the preloads.iam thinking of replacing the shocks with some threaded ones. what are the sizes of the matrix shocks. i want to make sure i buy something thats going to fit. or if you know of certain brands that fit let me know. thank you.
I have a bunch of extra pre-loads spacers I can give you. Just pay for the shipping and they are yours.

The Matrix shocks are 14mm in diameter. I have a set of KMW shock bodies for my Matrix buggy and a set of Jammin Big Bores for my TR Arena.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tree
I have a bunch of extra pre-loads spacers I can give you. Just pay for the shipping and they are yours.

The Matrix shocks are 14mm in diameter. I have a set of KMW shock bodies for my Matrix buggy and a set of Jammin Big Bores for my TR Arena.
thanks for the reply i just pm'd you.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Tabushi... is that your latest boy? damn he is so cute man. How old already? I still remember u posted a pic holding him while he still wrapped in the blanket.

I must say, future racer there.... by then, u become the pic mechanic for him. hahaha. I have 3 boys.. im gonna retire soon. hahaha.

Anyway... i like the look of this new R2 Matrix ... but pretty hard not to see and hold it here in Malaysia.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

do you guys now if the big bores from the hot bodies d8 fit the cen matrix fre buggy,i saw some on ebay that where not that expensive.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, its ready to go ! :

Old 01-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Psycho Nitro Blast.

Is anyone (besides me) racing a CEN at the Psycho Nitro Blast in Atlanta in February ?
Old 01-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Rookie

R2 is the way to go for an affordable but good quality 1/8 buggy. I just use mine for bashing but comparing the R2 and original Matrix side by side, you can tell there's been a lot of weight reduction done as well as other changes to make it a more competitive club racer as well.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Well guys,

I just came from the first stage of the Chilean Nationals 2009. A 2 day event on a very high temperature ambient (+- 97°F) with great drivers and awesome track.

This race was the first for me with the new R2 chassis, i received the RTR version couple weeks ago and i decided to put it on test on this race AS IS (or at least wanting to change just small things). I didnt had the time to check every screw on the car, just installed my servos, engine, pipe, receiver and battery, changed the stock diff oil and shock oil and went to race.

I used the stock shocks for the first 2 x 10 minutes qualifies without any problem and then noted a very small leak on one of the shocks mainly due to the shock cap being unscrew (i think, due to high heat). So, i decided to go with the old Super Big Bore Jammin shock i was using on the old chassis.

It was a great experience to put this chassis on test going stock but going calm to know the chassis better, didnt put me on the A-Main, i had to race B-Main starting on 1st place.

B-Main was a 20 minutes race, i did a very good start and started to gain a little gap from the pack ... at minute 5 or something, i noted my steering went slower and 1 lap after i had no steering at all !!, marshals throwed my car on the pit area and my pitman discovered that the servo arm screw was off, he installed a new one (always have one on the pit area lol) and went back to the race, on 7th position. After a lot of fighting and my pitman yelling me to calm down a little, at the minute 19th i got the lead, just one minute to go and A-Main with Matrix R2 RTR .... HERE I AM !!!

A-Main was a 40 minutes high heat race, i did a more or less good start and took 2nd position ... by minute 4 or so i lost a position, being on 3rd but with 4th very very close to me. My fuel strategy was fueling every 8 minutes as my engine was giving me almost 09 minutes and 15 seconds. BANG !!! my engine stops just a curve from the main straight and pit area ... my pitman forgot to yelling at me and i had a flameout (great friend but first time asking him to pit me) and went back to race on 6th position ... i started to climb very slow on positions, did my next fuel stop without problems and got 4th position but almost a lap after the 3rd place. After a lot of fighting for the last minutes of racing i knew i had to do just one more fuel stop and the 3rd place 2 more and he had a difference of 1/2 lap from me, he enters to fuel up and when he go out of pits i was just 1 car difference in front of him, he is a very good driver (made the TQ of the event) and the pressure was all over me, i knew that i had to maintain the position and create some gap at least to fuel up and go out fast, after a couple mistakes from him a had a good gap, at least long enough to refuel and try to go out of pits in front of him, i was 3 curves before pit area and BAAAANGGG ... new flameout ... DAMN !!!, dry again !!!, the other guy entered to refuel while i was out of race so i was 1+ full lap behind now

So, even when i did my best over the last 5 minutes of racing, i was unable to close the gap and ended in 4th place.

I went down the driver stand yelling to my pitman about how he left me dry 2 times !!! and he was kinda overwelmed by the situation and just laughed and said "calm down Pato !!, just 2 times man not bad for our first time together !!!" lol !!!

Anyway, it was a GREAT weekend, a lot of great racing action and i ended more than happy with my equipment, my GO Engines 7 ports worked flawlessly, my VP PRO Tyres worked AWESOME and the chassis was a great refresh of agility, low weight and performance, im more than happy with the new R2 platform and i CANT WAIT to put my hands on the PRO version. Next race in 2 more weeks, new track totally unknown for me so lets see what happens.

Here is my Setup :

Setup CEN R2 RTR :

Option Parts Used : Just SBB Jammin Shocks for the finals.

Diffs : 3.000 - 3.000 - 1.000 (Ultimate Racing Silicones, new sponsor for 2009 !).

Shocks : 45/40 on stock shocks with stock springs and 50/40 on Jammin

Shocks with silver springs, all on Ultimate Racing Silicones.

Rear Shock Position : Upper outer hole on the tower, outer hole on the arms.

Front Shock Position : Upper middle hole on the tower, outer hole on the arms.

Chassis Front Height : Arms leveled with ground.

Chassis Rear Height : Arms just a bit over leveled with ground.

Downstops : All unscrewed, full suspension travel front and rear.

Bars : None

Brakes : 50% / 50% bias.

Tyres : VP PRO 804 Turbo Trax on qualifies, VP PRO 802 Cutoff on B Main and VP PRO 804 Turbo Trax on A-Main.

Front Toe Out : 1° aprox.

Rear Toe Inn : 2° aprox.

Front Camber : 1° aprox.

Rear Camber : 2° aprox.

Engine : GO Engines 7 ports.

Pipe : GO Engines EFRA 2047.

And obviously, some pics :

The TRACK :

Some personal Pics :

Well, hope to improve on my driving with this chassis, so far on that same track i raced on weekend, i improved my lap times on almost 2 seconds, my average time always with old chassis were on the 42 seconds field, and on this race i did consistant 40's during the weekend, with one high 39 and high 37 !!! (low 37 its lap record).

cya guys !!
Old 01-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Congrats on the performance with the R2, Tabushi.

You should have shown the picture of yer "great" pitman here too

Well, don't worry, there's always a next time and I'm sure you'll be on top of the podium again, as always
Old 01-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jfc_tech
Congrats on the performance with the R2, Tabushi.
Agreed! Well done!!

I gotta ask...did you have any real 'Breakages'?? Other than the shocks?

Oh and thanks for the set-up Info!!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DeastyBoy
Agreed! Well done!!

I gotta ask...did you have any real 'Breakages'?? Other than the shocks?

Oh and thanks for the set-up Info!!

Deastboy,

The stock shocks didnt broke up, just the cap got loose "i think" due to the high heat ...

Other than that, zero problems.

Due to the fact i will stay with the RTR for now, i will change all the "dogbones" for the blue optional ones for the old matrix, i had 2 on my bag and even when the RTR ones are very very light and thin, the blue ones are even lighter and at least "seems" to be strongers,

cya !
Old 01-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Tech Adept

hi, i have a cen matrix fre buggy,my problem is that turns real wide,iam using a hitek 5645 servo in the front,i know its not the best servo,i believe it might be my set up,this is my first buggy so iam a newbee.for the guys that run their matrix buggies in a small track how do you set up your buggies. i would really aprecciate your advice.i want to try different set ups before i spend money on a new servo. thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.