Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
NOVAK SMART TRAY DISCHARGER >

NOVAK SMART TRAY DISCHARGER

NOVAK SMART TRAY DISCHARGER

Old 11-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Buyer Beware

Default NOVAK SMART TRAY DISCHARGER

i am looking for one of these...is this tray pretty good?
Old 11-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

I've got one but I rarely use it, the majority of people I race with use the Integy Zero-Thirty. This would probably be a better item for you to spend your money on.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Buyer Beware

Originally Posted by tcdrvr
I've got one but I rarely use it, the majority of people I race with use the Integy Zero-Thirty. This would probably be a better item for you to spend your money on.
Why is that?how is it better?
Old 11-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

From what was explained to me the Zero-Thirty discharges at 30 amps per cell, is not polarized and does not require an external power supply unless you want to run the two fans at a constant speed. I could be wrong about the discharge rate. But with the smart tray if your batteries are put together the wrong way you may have to flip the solder tabs on the pack. I've had both for about a year and I've used the Zero-Thirty a lot more than the smart tray. Also the smart tray was $90 when I bought it and the Zero-Thirty was $50.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Buyer Beware

From what was explained to me the Zero-Thirty discharges at 30 amps per cell, is not polarized and does not require an external power supply unless you want to run the two fans at a constant speed. I could be wrong about the discharge rate. But with the smart tray if your batteries are put together the wrong way you may have to flip the solder tabs on the pack. I've had both for about a year and I've used the Zero-Thirty a lot more than the smart tray. Also the smart tray was $90 when I bought it and the Zero-Thirty was $50.
I SEE....ok thanks ....kitty
Old 11-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Buyer Beware

my cyclone just came in,i see that you have one...whats your view on it?
Old 11-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

I have 3 of them. Two are built and one in the box (parts or if I want a new car in a few months). I like the car a lot, I've had several different chassis and to me it is the best I've driven. It has excess steering and good grip in the rear which is what I have been looking for in all the cars I've had. Unfortunately I've had some bad luck with the diff bolts snapping at their head but I'm hoping that the Associated nut and bolt will at least last longer than the stock bolts.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Buyer Beware

I have 3 of them. Two are built and one in the box (parts or if I want a new car in a few months). I like the car a lot, I've had several different chassis and to me it is the best I've driven. It has excess steering and good grip in the rear which is what I have been looking for in all the cars I've had. Unfortunately I've had some bad luck with the diff bolts snapping at their head but I'm hoping that the Associated nut and bolt will at least last longer than the stock bolts.
before i begin,what do i need to look for or buy?
Old 11-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Associated 6575, but like I said I'm hoping this will resolve the issue I haven't had it out on a track with this bolt in it yet, so try it at your own risk. I just know that I've broken 5 of the HPI bolts since I've had the cars. Let me know if you have any questions or need any other help. I'll let you know how the bolt works after this Sunday.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Buyer Beware

Associated 6575, but like I said I'm hoping this will resolve the issue I haven't had it out on a track with this bolt in it yet, so try it at your own risk. I just know that I've broken 5 of the HPI bolts since I've had the cars. Let me know if you have any questions or need any other help. I'll let you know how the bolt works after this Sunday.
thanks and check your pm...
Old 11-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just depends on what type of cells you use. I have the IB3600's and they don't like to be discharged below 0.9v per cell. So the SmartTray is the one for me. I only use it just before I charge my packs - so they are equalised.

If you have GP3300's then they are happy to go onto a zero volts tray before charging.

Cheers,

Tony
Old 11-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

have you looked @ the Tekin Battery Doctor?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Initiate

I have the novak tray and have had zero problems with it. I love it!