Old 03-31-2016, 06:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default body

Anyone try a different body on the v3?
Old 04-01-2016, 06:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I don't have a V3 (I run on too varied of surfaces), but looking at the shape of the rails you might want to check out a RB6 body. I willing to bet it might work. The only possible issue would be in the back by the motor and the lack of a gear cover on the V3. Personally I like the looks of the V3 body so I probably wouldn't know anyway because I wouldn't have looked at other options.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

my new V3 will be getting dirty tomorrow in Cali..
Old 04-11-2016, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

After a few batteries packs and adjustments my V3 is on pace with everyone else at my track... The ONLY thing I'm a little sad about is the stock turnbuckles are week BUT I found direct strong replacement one that are not that expensive..
PM me if you want to know where I found these turnbuckles...
Old 04-11-2016, 12:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Having the same problems with turnbuckles. I´ve ordered some Arrowmax spring steel ones and hope they´ll solve the problem.
Apart from that I really like the car. Ran it on carpet this weekend and it handled great (at the beginning), but due to a failed tire experiment I had HUGE front tire degredation and therefore a lack of steering.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Lunsford makes a complete set for the v3
Old 04-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by raceyz
Lunsford makes a complete set for the v3
But how much?
Old 04-11-2016, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bring it on
But how much?

They are $70 but it comes with ti ball studs too and they have a lifetime warranty
Old 04-11-2016, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

ok, cool. the ones I got was around $20 for all 6
Old 04-11-2016, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raceyz
They are $70 but it comes with ti ball studs too and they have a lifetime warranty
Yeah no freakin way! Lol

You'd think Lunsford turnbuckles were made of Vibranium or Adamantium with how much his stuff costs. Crazier is how people run to his defense whenever someone says anything like I just did. Fact is I know how much the raw material costs and what it takes to make turnbuckles and it's literally pennies per piece. Screws are more intricate to manufacture but even their cost is absurd. It's like people think because you're an RC Enthusiast you have bucket loads of cash to throw around for the most minuscule parts.

I think like Rick and try to save money when and where I can, especially considering I have 4 cars to buy parts for and $280 for turnbuckles will never happen. That's enough to buy a whole other car. Lol
Old 04-11-2016, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by the incubus
Yeah no freakin way! Lol

You'd think Lunsford turnbuckles were made of Vibranium or Adamantium with how much his stuff costs. Crazier is how people run to his defense whenever someone says anything like I just did. Fact is I know how much the raw material costs and what it takes to make turnbuckles and it's literally pennies per piece. Screws are more intricate to manufacture but even their cost is absurd. It's like people think because you're an RC Enthusiast you have bucket loads of cash to throw around for the most minuscule parts.

I think like Rick and try to save money when and where I can, especially considering I have 4 cars to buy parts for and $280 for turnbuckles will never happen. That's enough to buy a whole other car. Lol

Do you ever have anything positive to say Rob?lol I see you bounce from thread to thread and tell people why they are wrong. Kelly makes a great product with a great warranty , in my opinion, that is made in America. I can't speak on the manufacturing costs of rc turnbuckles as I'm not an expert but the ti ball stud kit from PR is $50 just for the ball studs
Old 04-11-2016, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My post was 100% positive in Ricks awesome find and savings. Sorry u missed that. I've been in RC since just before Lunsford was started and I saw his turnbuckles go from moderately expensive to ridinculous and it is because of his price point that all othe Ti parts are so expensive in the hobby. Unlike most people who just bitch and complain, I actually designed and produced my own products so I know what it costs to manufacture, but to put a more focused microscope on the situation, I had to contract machinists to produce my parts which increased costs and to top it off, I used the best machinist in the industry who ironically is machining some of the best and highest quality parts for RC crawlers. Lunsford manufactures their own products and contrary to popular belief they mass produce them but the savings from doing so never trickles down to the VAST customer base. Rather than going down it continues rise and it seems there is no end in sight. However, it seems you'll have no issue forking out over $100 when it finally reaches the milestone.

This is classic consumerism mentality which is why things continue to rise in cost. I've been in marketing and advertising for almost a quarter century and these are the things companies water at the mouth over.

To put things into perspective, you can buy a complete high quality kit for about $250 and to produce such kits, hundreds of thousands of dollars need to be spent on R&D and mounding and manufacturing costs, yet turnbuckles are cut from pre-purchased blank rods and the renderings used to cut them are so simple it's almos zero work goes into anything but pressing the Run command.

I've been pondering buying myself a desktop lathe to produce them for myself and my friends but I need a new larger house with a larger garage to have the space for more toys. If and when I do I'll be happy to send you a complimentary set and show you the cost of manufacturing them. Again I wasn't being negative, just fed up with companies pricing their product absurdly too high and my hope is to hopefully help folks who, like me, don't have wadds of cash to make it rain! Lol

P.S. Please show me how and where I tell people they're wrong. I ask just as many questions as the average joe because I'm always looking to learn more. I try to be as helpful as possible to anyone and everyone.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds like you've got it all figured out once again Rob
Old 04-11-2016, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

well, either way it is nice to know that I have found a better turnbuckle option and as well as Lunsford
Old 04-11-2016, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bring it on
well, either way it is nice to know that I have found a better turnbuckle option and as well as Lunsford
I put Protek's on my car, $23 for a whole set.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.