Wiki Posts
Search

3 Racing Tire Truer

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default 3 Racing Tire Truer

Anyone seen one of these or had any experiece with one? I need a truer and this one seems to have some nice features and is resonably priced.

EA
Old 11-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Anyone seen one of these or had any experiece with one? I need a truer and this one seems to have some nice features and is resonably priced.

EA
On par with Hudy and it's has something that no other truer has," a built-in tire rounder, cut straight down to 54mm from 60mm with no problem, come with replacement bits and sandpaper strips for the tire rounder, fully automatic and the best thing is, www.rcmadness.com has 1 in stock for 230.00
Attached Thumbnails 3 Racing Tire Truer-picture-775.jpg   3 Racing Tire Truer-picture-774.jpg   3 Racing Tire Truer-picture-776.jpg  
Old 11-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Team EAM

Does it bogg down much when going from 60mm to 54mm? I know the hudy doesnt even hardly slow down...but units like the Corally and integy almost come to a stop. Thats the main thing I was worried about.

Also will the carbide cutter from Hudy fit it?

EA
Old 11-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Do you guys know if this works with 1/8?
Old 11-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Does it bogg down much when going from 60mm to 54mm? I know the hudy doesnt even hardly slow down...but units like the Corally and integy almost come to a stop. Thats the main thing I was worried about.

Also will the carbide cutter from Hudy fit it?

EA
Does not bogg down
Old 11-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JoeyE
Do you guys know if this works with 1/8?
you can buy the 1/8 adapter
Old 11-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

you might need to retighten the screws (locite them), my arrived with screws loosen. the stock blade carrier doesn't move pass 50 or 53mm even though it's scaled to 40mm, bad for 1/12 tires. You have to use HUDY blade carrier but you will need to cut/cnc on the trapezoid base of blade carrier block. 3Racing block is about 0.8mm narrower than HUDY one.
Next you need to GLUE the sandpaper for the rounding block. The sandpaper come with the truer are self-adhesive type but it doesn't hold well, will come off after 2 to 3 roundings. I use shoe glue to glued the sandpaper to the rounding block and never worry about it since.
Other than those few tiny bugs it's worth every penny, I paid $200 for it. It uses same size DC motor as HUDY's power truer. You can adjust the auto return end points, speed of the cutter. 3Racing also includes few extra blades and sandpapers. The blades cuts good but I am using hudy carbide blades and it cuts just as nice as hudy.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The blades are hacksaw blades. Cheap to replace. I just got one, have not used it yet, but it is pretty nice. Why spend money on carbide bits that will eventually dull when you can buy a hacksaw blade for a buck and probably make 10 bits out of it?
Old 11-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
The blades are hacksaw blades. Cheap to replace. I just got one, have not used it yet, but it is pretty nice. Why spend money on carbide bits that will eventually dull when you can buy a hacksaw blade for a buck and probably make 10 bits out of it?
The hacksaw blades will leave a rough cut. The carbide blade will make the tires look smooth like they have just been run. I have never heard of anyone wearing the carbide blade out. For 20.00 its a great investment for less hassel and better cuts.

Thanks for all the info guys. Guess I'll order me one tomorrow.

EA
Old 11-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

If it uses hacksaw blades it is probably like my Integy in that you need to file the Hudy carbide bit to get it to fit. Not a big deal but something you should be aware of.

Hacksaw blades don't give a very good cut - the carbide bit works much better.

Josh
Old 11-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Carbide blade doesn't "tear" as much as saw blade. The finished cut surface with the saw blade is slightly coarse (low speed) to very coarse (high speed). The carbide the finished is similar to the tire come out of the box, very fine, smooth to lightly coarse (high speed cut). Secondly if you are taking HUGE cut carbide blade seem to cut the tire with ease and Ok finish surface, the blade had trouble getting it and very rough sufrace finish and require another pass to get a better finish. That's just my observation, I had 3racing truer since last year they might have fixes all the bugs I experienced with mine.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

The hudy blade fits fine in 3racing without any problem. The only problem with the hudy blade on 3Racing is back end of the blade interfered with the riding rail when you are truing 1/8 tires or 70+mm diameter tires. You can just seat the blade 1 to 2mm higher (I believe normally you seat the blade centered to the holder).
Old 11-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

i do not see any for sale in the US? dinball has one on ebay anyone else know where to snag one in the US? madness does not have one listed either?
Old 11-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Which carbide cutter is better...the Mico or the Hudy? I have been using jigsaw blades for a while with no complaints, but I'd like to try a carbide cutter.

I have one of the Mico carbide files, and it is simply awesome!
Old 11-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Team EAM

Hey Arun,

You can get one from Murdock RC as well. He has carbide cutters made for all styles of truers at a good price.

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.