Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rubber vs Foam carpet setups?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

Rubber vs Foam carpet setups?

Rubber vs Foam carpet setups? Any suggestions as to what I should change going from a foam tire to a rubber tire? I will be using a stock motor and RP24's on FT TC4. I was going to just do a rubber tire pavement setup for starters and remove the chassis stiffening.

So, blue springs, 40wt oil, 5mm ride height, more droop, 1 deg camber, higher roll centers front and rear.

Any suggestions as to toe, antidive, antisquat, more or less ackerman?

I tend to prefer a car that steers agressively with a neutral feel overall.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by beerbarron
So, blue springs, 40wt oil, 5mm ride height, more droop, 1 deg camber, higher roll centers front and rear.

Any suggestions as to toe, antidive, antisquat, more or less ackerman?

I tend to prefer a car that steers aggressively with a neutral feel overall.
You have the right idea. As for toe, antisquat, ackerman. For rear toe you want about 1 degree. Start with no antisquat. Ackerman stick with what you have from foam. If you like a car that is aggressive, set your droop to a number 6 on the AE gauge. This is less droop. More droop = more role = less aggressive.
http://users.pandora.be/elvo/ Look at the suspension page there and see section 2.6. Less droop makes the chassis dip in the corners from the droop settings. Very aggressive feel.

I really don’t have a good idea for the AE TC<whatever> for role center. Someone else will have to help you there.

I can send you my PRO4 set up if you like. Basically it is the same, however things like role center are done differently.

Snowy.