Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
1/10 4wd buggy's back on the rise it seems!!! >

1/10 4wd buggy's back on the rise it seems!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 4wd buggy's back on the rise it seems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 1/10 4wd buggy's back on the rise it seems!!!

With all the lastest new 4wd hype it seems like the class may just be growing. I find myself so excited I can't even take it. This is awesome!!! It was kinda of funny that for the longest time folks said "oh it costs to much" Well compair 4wd electric to 1/8 scale nitro buggy's or trucks to 4wd now and tell me which one is cheaper. Electric motors, batteries, and buggy's have made huge improvements and at our local track the electics are running the same number of laps in 5 minutes that the 1/8 scale buggies are running. Same thrills but without the headaches of the nitro.

So next time you head for the track make sure to bring that 4wd 1/10 scale along because the rest of us are gonna and you won't want to be left out.

Have fun and see you at the track!
Old 11-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'd love to get into 4wd, but I'm already running 3 classes! 2 of those are nitro no less, so I don't think I could swing it, that'd just be way to much time/money (I gotta save some money for college still).
Old 11-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey I just gotta say that I ran my BJ4 for the first time last sunday and I am loving it! I ran 1/8 scale buggys and a GS SUT Pro for a while and this little electric 4wd is just as much fun with half the hassles. I hope 4wd electric makes a huge comeback.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:13 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have just race 4wd a few times, but I will tell you that it is a ton of fun. Since the cars are easier to drive, you don't have to concentrate on racing the track, but instead can concentrate on racing other drivers. It makes for great racing! If you don't believe me, check out the IFMAR Worlds A-main videos at www.teamorion.com
Old 11-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm stricly a 1/10 2wd buggy guy right now. Would love to give them a try. Who makes 1/10 4wd buggies? Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Darrel
Old 11-04-2005, 11:06 AM

Losi, MRC makes the new SB buggy, which is very similar to the BJ4, if u get the Pro, also, U can convert a TC3 into one, you can get the J COncepts BJ4, or a XXX4 or XX4 and turn it into an X5...

alomst forgot, Kyosho just came out with an amzing 4 wheel, and Yokomo has the Mr4BC, and is currently yesting a new one...
Old 11-04-2005, 11:11 AM
TLRacing

darrelgf,
there are several great 4wd buggies. Team Losi has two buggies, the XX-4 which is better on bumpy tracks and the XXX-4 which is better for cornering. JConcepts make an awsome buggy the BJ4. It is the current world champion and uses several Associated parts. Then there is the X-Factory X-5, a privatier conversion between the XX-4 and XXX-4. It uses several Losi parts and is the current ROAR National Champion. And the newest car on the market is the Kyosho Laser. Mark Pavidas and Jemery Kortz did a lot R&D to create this buggy. Academy, and Predator also make 4WD, but I am not familar with them. I would suggest either the Losi, or X-5 if you run Losi 2WD or the BJ4 is you run an Associated B4, but you should do some research of your own.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darrelgf
I'm stricly a 1/10 2wd buggy guy right now. Would love to give them a try. Who makes 1/10 4wd buggies? Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Darrel
Hey Darrel!!
Losi makes the XXX4, J-Concepts the BJ4, MRC Academy has the SB series, Kyosho is introducing the Lazer ZX5(?), TenthTechnology has the Predator. The Durango is another 4 wheeler and there is the X5 which is a conversion using the Losi XX4. There may be others out there but these are the buggies I know of off the top of my head

I've had the MRC SB Pro for a few months and it's been great!! It has tumbled and cartwheeled during racing and I have broken 1 front arm and that was due to driver error

Four wheelers are a blast to drive and hopefully the renewed interest will spur growth for the class.

Don
Old 11-04-2005, 11:44 AM
TLRacing

I will be a little biased towards the BJ4, just because I am an Associated homer and that is the 4WD I run. Not only is it world champ, but Roar stock national and 6 of 10 in the main.