Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
What kind of tires for concret drifting? >

What kind of tires for concret drifting?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

What kind of tires for concret drifting?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 05:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Come on guys pull your heads in! If you can't offer anything constructive to the thread don't say anything. If you don't like drifting, fine, but that's not really the thread topic now is it? First and only warning.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

There are no unicorns, aquaman and tooth ferry?!?!? ...say it aint so!!!! lol

Last edited by nexxus; 09-16-2015 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Remove abusive posts
Old 09-18-2015, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

for basic outdoor skids tires like http://www.ebay.com/itm/360875653817?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageNa me=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181032816605?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageNa me=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

work really well for 50/50 or c/s drift cars. for rwd the speedline range of cr tires are great. medium-medium hard on the front and medium hard to medium soft on the rear. don't listen to the racetards,to much traction makes ya soft in the head :-p
Old 09-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm a n00b. But, from what I now know and have learned (from local drift tracks and experienced drifters):

- T-Drifts are popular and generally "all-season" drift tires, mostly among the internet/forums. They aren't used/approved at any of my local tracks. A bit fast because they're considered Very sticky/grippy for drift tires. So, these are good for maybe outdoors, where there's lots of room, drifting only by yourself, etc. I've read that when you progress in skill and tuning and different driving style, you will then want slower/harder tires (which I am experiencing now). I have T-Drift currently, and I've found out all the above is true - too fast, too grippy, not allowed/approved at my local tracks.

- Carpet/Harder tires are the most popular and used these days, if I'm not mistaken. Especially at local drift tracks with concrete, polished concrete and also carpet tracks. They are slower and from what I've seen and read, much more fun and usable because - cars are much more controllable and accurate because they aren't going friggin warp-speed (lol), allow you to be slow enough to do tandems and precise drifts/style (I don't think it's possible to do tandems/trains with very grippy tires.. you'll just see a lot of high speed crashes), and drift tracks use carpet tires as their approved tires (at least where I am).

I practice only on concrete too. My next part to buy, is a set of harder Carpet tires, to replace my T-Drifts, if that tells you anything ...Main reason - so I can practice on the same level/speed and the same tires that all the local tracks and other drifters are using.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Some use PVC pipes as drift tires. I am not sure if it works on concrete but it sure is cheap if you are starting out.

My personal favorite is HPI's Falken Azenis Tires for realism.

I just acquired a lightly used TA04 and plan to convert it to RWD.

I like the quality and the layout of the TA04 because of it's configuration and it's a Tamiya.

Last edited by DeKuryente; 09-19-2015 at 04:58 PM.