Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

That would be awesome if the track still has time to consider adding 12th scale masters.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default Pretty Puleease...

Ruben!

Oh Ruben!

If you would add a 1/12th masters class I would promise to:

True your tires forever.
Re-wire all your cars, even the Frog.
Stop yelling "what?" after everything you say on the PA.
Quit switching the wires on your reciever around.
Not come to the track in my robe and slippers anymore.

K?
Old 11-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wait... robe & slippers are allowed?!

I'm thinking of going out there for the first time this saturday to run the rookie class, and figured the 'no shoes, no shirt... ' rule would be in effect
Old 11-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aparatchik
Wait... robe & slippers are allowed?!
it's a casual crowd
Old 11-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odpurple
Ruben!

Oh Ruben!

If you would add a 1/12th masters class I would promise to:

True your tires forever.
Re-wire all your cars, even the Frog.
Stop yelling "what?" after everything you say on the PA.
Quit switching the wires on your reciever around.
Not come to the track in my robe and slippers anymore.

K?
And I would like buy a SpeedMerchant; so, you would be helping the economy.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
And I would like buy a SpeedMerchant; so, you would be helping the economy.
...you're showing your age, you should have said "And I would like totally buy SpeedMerchant, like oh my god"
Old 11-04-2005, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

LMAO.................

Bill is waaaaay to old to be a "Val"!

Like "Oh my God"!

LMAO
Old 11-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Default Masters Class

I just learned that at a level 4 event the maximum number of classes allowed is six. I couldn't find it in the rule book, but I believe the source. So that would leave the decision at changing TC Masters to 1/12th Masters.
I don't race touring cars so the decision would be easy for me , but it's not mine to make.

Since you can't enter Stock and Modified both, 1/12th scale only racers can only enter one class at this race as it exists.

There is the possibility of running an "exhibition" class; it's unclear whether that would fall under the six class limit or not.

maybe 1/12th 19t exhibition class?
Old 11-04-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well-my votes on Masters 12th over Masters Touring. I dont know if Masters 12th has been around long enough to be considered a "tradition" or not, but I'd like to consider it a more sought after title than Masters sedan would be.

Again-just my 0.02 and if theres no Masters classes-I think I would still make the trip and run stock sedan and stock 12th.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odpurple
I just learned that at a level 4 event the maximum number of classes allowed is six. I couldn't find it in the rule book, but I believe the source. So that would leave the decision at changing TC Masters to 1/12th Masters.
I don't race touring cars so the decision would be easy for me , but it's not mine to make.

Since you can't enter Stock and Modified both, 1/12th scale only racers can only enter one class at this race as it exists.

There is the possibility of running an "exhibition" class; it's unclear whether that would fall under the six class limit or not.

maybe 1/12th 19t exhibition class?
In the National Guidelines it states you are allowed the addition of one exhibition class to the 6 classes for 7 total. Many tracks do that if they have a locally based class or the track supports a class that is not on the Nats list.

Also if you run a stock class(masters stock included) you can not run mod of the same class but you can run 19t. Same goes if you run mod you can't run stock but you can run 19t of the same class. I know many people ask questions on that as there are now 3 classes for the same car in some cases. You are also allowed to run up to 3 classes now instead of 2.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Well-my votes on Masters 12th over Masters Touring. I dont know if Masters 12th has been around long enough to be considered a "tradition" or not, but I'd like to consider it a more sought after title than Masters sedan would be.

Again-just my 0.02 and if theres no Masters classes-I think I would still make the trip and run stock sedan and stock 12th.
I believe the last time carpet nats were in Cali at Ripon they had Masters 12th but I could be wrong.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
I believe the last time carpet nats were in Cali at Ripon they had Masters 12th but I could be wrong.
Yes, they did have 1/12 masters last time
Old 11-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
In the National Guidelines it states you are allowed the addition of one exhibition class to the 6 classes for 7 total. Many tracks do that if they have a locally based class or the track supports a class that is not on the Nats list.

Also if you run a stock class(masters stock included) you can not run mod of the same class but you can run 19t. Same goes if you run mod you can't run stock but you can run 19t of the same class. I know many people ask questions on that as there are now 3 classes for the same car in some cases. You are also allowed to run up to 3 classes now instead of 2.
Thanks for the clarification.

That's why I suggested 1/12th 19t; that would allow 1/12th drivers to enter two classes.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Brian ..... just to clearify, the 2002 carpet nationals were not run in Ripon, that was Stockton, then STRC Hobbies owne by Scott Tomasello. Stockton RC Raceway is the same crew of guys but it is now owned by Ruben Benitez. To make it short it is still the same track and program.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here's the deal guys. I can see that there is an interest in 12th scale masters, as well I've had people talk about 19 turn 12th scale. Is there an interest in TC Masters? If so please speak up. These are the options

1. Run an exhibition class that would be limited to 1-2 heats, that would be 12th scale 19 Turn.

2. Switch Masters to 12th scale from TC. In 2002 at the Carpet Nationals we only had 18 racers in 12th masters. Bt, they did have a bunch fun for a group of gezzards... LOL

3. No masters class, instead run 12th scale 19 turn as a national championship class. Then masters would be awarded outside of the 6 classes as a non national class and masters would race with the rest of the guys. This was done at the Paved Nationals last month at Speedline Hobbies.

What do you think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.