Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats >

Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats

Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats

Old 01-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default What time races done on Sunday?

Has anybody "done the math" on what time the races could be over on Sunday? I'm trying to figure out a flight home.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

also,

If I run Masters touring, and then 19t touring, which (and how many) 1/12 classes can I run?

<------Glutten for punishment.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Bob .... if we have a full 25 heat race we should be done racing by about 4:00 pm with an awards ceremony being complete by about 5:00 pm. It could run shorter though and this is a rough estimate on he high side. There will be a schedule once you get to the race and we will run per the schedule.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by schurcr
Bob .... if we have a full 25 heat race we should be done racing by about 4:00 pm with an awards ceremony being complete by about 5:00 pm. It could run shorter though and this is a rough estimate on he high side. There will be a schedule once you get to the race and we will run per the schedule.
Bottom line it sounds like maybe look for flights home after 6pm and closer to 7pm. Or kick it, and fly home on Monday.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bob .... can't find a limit on how many classes you can run in either the rules book or the nays guidlines so you should be able to run two 12th scale classes mod & 19t or stock & 19t but not mod & stock.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

bob--that might be pushing it...cause you gotta get there a little over an hr before the flight... and it takes a good hr to the sac airport (if you choose sac)...either get it real late or kick it and fly out monday morning...

so if the race ends at 5, by the time you get to the airport it would be around 6 something, so a flight that heads out around 8 pm might be better...(gives you a little time for any traffic problems)

Someone that flew out to the last nationals here might have better info...
Old 01-12-2006, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Oh Bob,
How fast can the World revolve around the schedule of Montana? Don't they have some kind of transport that will get you home in a week or two?

bb
Old 01-13-2006, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dal bains
bob--that might be pushing it...cause you gotta get there a little over an hr before the flight... and it takes a good hr to the sac airport (if you choose sac)...either get it real late or kick it and fly out monday morning...

so if the race ends at 5, by the time you get to the airport it would be around 6 something, so a flight that heads out around 8 pm might be better...(gives you a little time for any traffic problems)

Someone that flew out to the last nationals here might have better info...
If you ever habe an opportunity to, fly with Dal, it's very entertaining ...I have a picture
Old 01-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

for those of you who have JetBlue service, they have very inexpensive (but very nice) non-stop flights to Oakland. Many of us don't have non-stops flights to Sacramento.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schurcr
Bob .... can't find a limit on how many classes you can run in either the rules book or the nays guidlines so you should be able to run two 12th scale classes mod & 19t or stock & 19t but not mod & stock.
When they added 19t as a class ROAR said that each entrant could entry 3 classes. I found the rule book that says limit of 2 and I found some info on the limit of 3 but nothing in the rule book it's self. For oval Nats last year ROAR said he had to have each entrant is limited to a max of 3 classes though I believe that was all from word of mouth and not printed word.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Stockton RC Raceway/RC Scoring Pro and LiveRC.com will be testing the setup of the live scoring/chat/audio/video, including practice times on Saturday 01/28 at Stockton RC Raceway, this is the first test of all the features that will be available for the ROAR Carpet Nationals in March (for more information on the Nationals visit http://www.2006RoarNats.com). During this test there will be no internet access from the pits on Stockton RC Raceway's wireless internet connection. ALL users will have access to scoring, chat, audio and video (during the nationals all users will have access to audio, chat and scoring, bonus lap members will have access to video), yes this means that EVERYONE that can't make the race will be able to watch and hear all the "Mullet Challenge" action from the comfort of your living room. We ask that anyone that is able to watch and hear the race post any feedback you may have. You will be able to access the interface by going to http://www.2006RoarNats.com and clicking on the "Live Scoring" menu option.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Who is in the Mullet Challenge?

STLNLST, HARSHGUY, Dal, Scotty, and ??????

Is Robert V or Smash in?

Just curious as to whom to root for

Question "What gear ratio are you running????"
Answer "I don't know."

H8R
Old 01-19-2006, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

If I was coming down I would definately sign up, I know I can knock off one of the guys on the list even with racing once every three months. Not sure why Robert wont sack up and jump in that challenge, I guess the C main at the NWCC really hurt his confidence.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

He might have be traumatized by that experience. Kind of like how Scotty was traumatized after his first outing with his Hot Bodies car. LOL
Old 01-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Advil
He might have be traumatized by that experience. Kind of like how Scotty was traumatized after his first outing with his Hot Bodies car. LOL
But yet Scotty's in the challenge, some people just have a set .

I don't think Dal accepted the challenge, he's to busy focusing on dirt to think about on road right now, plus he's only had the new car for a week, and there's only 10 days left for the 28th ...not enough time for him to put a kit together.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.