Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats >

Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats

Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats

Old 12-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag

Hey Tonya...you coming east....
You paying for the trip? In the words of Skeen..."I'll run anybodies decals for the right money!!"

Plus I dont know if my new ride will be here in time or not

ea
Old 12-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
You paying for the trip? In the words of Skeen..."I'll run anybodies decals for the right money!!"

Plus I dont know if my new ride will be here in time or not

ea

Oh no not AGAIN....Car hog!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well after the Roval at snowbirds as they cater to the oval crowd and I do agree that cleveland is tight but it's the premier 12th scale race. I just want to make sure that after spending $1000+ to fly out there and race that I'm getting my monies worth. I want a track that will challenge me and my fellow racers. I had a blast at cleveland but it's not a touring car track and I have always said that. vegas was better but it was still pretty wide open but it was that way for the rubber tyre crowd. I believe that the facility will be top notch but when you see things like duct tape holding the carpet together you start to wonder. I do understand the duct tape as this is not a permanent track and the boards look solid but this isn't a club race. This is the roar nats and should get back to one of the greatest races in the states even if roar hasn’t stepped up to the plate.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Quite your bitching Nashcracker....If you and Skeeno dont want to go then stay home!! It will just be less work the track crew has to do on the walls with you not there beating them down

EA
I never said I didn't want to go EA I was hoping that if "skeeno" didn't go I could crash with you. at the hotel, not like you do on the track.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

I didn't hear anybody at Vegas complain about the layout.

Nash - you worried about not being challenged ? I assume you will TQ and win if the lanes are wide.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Just a small amount of information. I am one of the guys that set up the track every time we change a layout at Stockton. Ruben has been making the lanes narrower 8- 9 foot as of late (I hate narrow tracks I’m a oval guy first). I'm sure for the nats Ruben will have a challenging layout planned.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

thank you in advance for getting me some pics. like I said I would love to come out to cali but want to make sure it's worth it. and doug I never said I was a great driver but racing stock 12th scale as slow as I am gets real boring on a track with 12' lanes. I could see myself picking my nose and my butt preferably in that order on that layout. you know nose in the straight and butt in the sweeper. although I got a big butt might make it to the next corner.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quite your bitching Nashcracker....If you and Skeeno dont want to go then stay home!! It will just be less work the track crew has to do on the walls with you not there beating them down

EA
EA don't drag me into this BS. I haven't posted one thing about it...
And I specifically told NashCracker to keep me out of it, but as usual he's running his big mouth in matters that do not concern him. Maybe when he has to go to all the big races by himself he'll learn to keep his mouth shut.

I did say in a conversation (on the phone and on AIM, NOT IN A FORUM) that I wouldn't be at the Nats if it was that open. This is based on all the pics I have seen thus far.

I am entitled to my opinion.
I suk at touring and I'll be the first to admit it.
So an open layout is of no interest to me...

I am a 12th driver first and foremost. Wide open and flowing layouts put 12th scale drivers to sleep. To be honest the Vegas race was borderline too open for 12th scale, but it was a great race.

Bottom line is I'm on a budget and I don't want spend that kind of money to go to a track that I know I won't enjoy.

I don't know about you guys but $1000+ for an event is a lot of money.

I got burned last year at the carpet nats that was the biggest waste of time and money I have ever spent. Officiating was terrible, facility was terrible, and the track director/owner was the most inconsiderate degenerate I ever met in my life. So obviously Roar doesn't check out the tracks before a Nats...

If someone will provide a more current layout to show what we might be looking towards at the nats I'd be happy to reconsider, but I'm not spending that kind of money just because its the "Nats".

I don't have anything against the track. It looks like a great facility and from what I heard the races are run very well. I'm sure it will be a great National Event.

Michael
Old 12-04-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool stay home. I'am rookie to 1/12 scale so it will be one more notch on my belt.... Just kidding dude. I think it will be a killer event !!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
I am a 12th driver first and foremost. Wide open and flowing layouts put 12th scale drivers to sleep. To be honest the Vegas race was borderline too open for 12th scale, but it was a great race.
Until I went to Worlds in FL I would have thought the same way. But that track was so open that modified was full throttle most of the track and the cars looked slow. But many of the European and Asian drivers said it was very hard to get a fast setup as you had to carry the most speed possible without losing traction. Being they race 12th outdoors much more then we do in the states I really think that says something about the track.

Who said all the tracks have to be the same? Wide open tracks have there place as do the tighter ones. They all are great and make you work hard at driving and setup in different ways. They all have their own nuances that some people like and some people don't. After all isn't that what makes racing great is adapting not only your driving but also your car setup abilities to a multitude of different tracks?!?!?!?!
Old 12-05-2005, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
Until I went to Worlds in FL I would have thought the same way. But that track was so open that modified was full throttle most of the track and the cars looked slow. But many of the European and Asian drivers said it was very hard to get a fast setup as you had to carry the most speed possible without losing traction. Being they race 12th outdoors much more then we do in the states I really think that says something about the track.

Who said all the tracks have to be the same? Wide open tracks have there place as do the tighter ones. They all are great and make you work hard at driving and setup in different ways. They all have their own nuances that some people like and some people don't. After all isn't that what makes racing great is adapting not only your driving but also your car setup abilities to a multitude of different tracks?!?!?!?!
Well put!! The reality is weather the track is tight, open or a straight line you're gonna be competing with lots of other drivers and it's gonna come down to setup, driving technique, etc... to make a podium finish.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

What city has the closest major airport to fly in to for the Carpet Nats?

Thanks,
Kelly
Old 12-05-2005, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by windix60
What city has the closest major airport to fly in to for the Carpet Nats?

Thanks,
Kelly
You got 3 major airports to pick from ranging from 1 hour to 1.5 hours to the track:

http://www.2006roarnats.com/index.cf...hheader=carpet
Old 12-05-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Anthony

Brian I totally agree with you outdoors, where there is a lack of traction, however a wide open track on carpet is not the same situation.

I am by no means asking anyone to change the track and I wish the best of luck to everyone going.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Skeen-I hope your feeling better!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.