Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3Racing Sakura D4 RWD/AWD. Thoughts? >

3Racing Sakura D4 RWD/AWD. Thoughts?

Like Tree1Likes

3Racing Sakura D4 RWD/AWD. Thoughts?

Old 07-30-2015, 02:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 3Racing Sakura D4 RWD/AWD. Thoughts?

So, first post on this forum, so wanted to say hi! I'm Chris from AsiaTees Hobbies and I figured an easier way to hear our customer's feedback and thoughts was to go look for them in the forums as well! Just wanted to say, any comments or feedback about our company, let me know. I want to help out anyone who's used our site, still uses it, or wants to use it.

Now on to the car. 3Racing's Sakura D4 RWD/AWD. Thoughts? Comments? What upgrades would you guys look for first?

Last edited by AsiaTeesHobbies; 07-30-2015 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I honestly don't know anything about drift cars but I'm thinking about picking one of these up just to play around with. I know some are super serious about drifting but there isn't any around here so it would just be for fun. The price of this kit makes it very appealing for that purpose.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Can you post additional pictures please?
Old 07-30-2015, 08:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I honestly don't know anything about drift cars but I'm thinking about picking one of these up just to play around with. I know some are super serious about drifting but there isn't any around here so it would just be for fun. The price of this kit makes it very appealing for that purpose.
Definitely. The price point is definitely enticing. The car's also ridiculously well thought out, so it would be worth a look. Where are you located?
Old 07-30-2015, 08:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by SagadSetup
Can you post additional pictures please?
Sure thing! The minute I get back to the office I can post some pictures for you. Meanwhile, I can PM you an overview of it from our site!

We're making a build video right now. Very exciting times for the drift community!
Old 07-30-2015, 02:51 PM
Tech Rookie

what do i need to complete for the RWD? recomendations? gyro? what size body will fit? i looke dinto the r31 from eagle months ago but they never emailed me back answering these questions
Old 07-30-2015, 06:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by pierced soul
what do i need to complete for the RWD? recomendations? gyro? what size body will fit? i looke dinto the r31 from eagle months ago but they never emailed me back answering these questions
At the moment, the kit comes with just the chassis frame, so to complete the car, you'll need full electronics (ESC, motor, servo, receiver, transmitter, LiPo), and bodyshell! You can also look into a gyro if you like, as it seems the popular choice for a lot of drifters, since it helps with control for RWD. It's definitely recommended, as RWD's turns are a bit more exaggerated than AWDs. The width of the D4 is 190mm+.

Last edited by AsiaTeesHobbies; 07-30-2015 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

For us non drifter types what are the pros and cons of bot the rear wheel drive and all wheel drive to help choose. I'd like one to play with but I don't know which. Sorry new to the hobby again....
Old 07-30-2015, 07:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've had a interest in RWD for sometime. And when I first read about the D4 interest increased. I've owned a D3 for 2 years with zero problem.
After asking the few drifters I talk to on another site, the general opinion is that RWD and pavement don't mix well. The videos I've seen were so edited to look real that it was hard to judge how it actually drove.
I spent most of a year running drift solo,no club around and the few that had tried drifting had lost interest.
What surface have you found that RWD works on?
Old 07-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Rob4607
For us non drifter types what are the pros and cons of bot the rear wheel drive and all wheel drive to help choose. I'd like one to play with but I don't know which. Sorry new to the hobby again....
So AWD is going to be a bit easier to drive/drift on the track, but the turns and drift lines you'll do won't be as "nice" as a RWD setup. A RWD will really have that nice tail whip when going into turns, but it's much more difficult to control. With a gyro, it's manageable, and once you get used to it and practice, we've heard that RWD is much more satisfying to drive.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok, but technically couldn't you run the AWD & then just remove the belt or front diff tu run RWD on,y if you wanted or is it not that simple?
Old 08-03-2015, 12:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Rob4607
Ok, but technically couldn't you run the AWD & then just remove the belt or front diff tu run RWD on,y if you wanted or is it not that simple?
Not quite that simple, but that's the gist of it. If you have the parts needed to make the conversion, it's simply disassembling the parts and putting it back together, but you do need the parts. At the moment, we're building our RWD D4, and we'll soon be building a AWD version as well. We'll see what conversions are needed, as I'm sure 3Racing will be releasing those (if not already.)

Old 08-06-2015, 12:42 AM
Tech Adept

Smile

RWD is a fantastic form of rc drift. very realistic in performance and set up. Check out the DLike videos on you tube and you will see that it can ashpelt can be just as good as carpet or poly concrete its all just a matter of opening up ones mind to set up concepts that are a bit foreign lol. Gyro usage is a must and with a bit of trigger time(oh dam i have to go drive my rc car for a couple hours to get used to it what a shame........ ) then awesome full lock drifts can be easily attained
As for this new chassis it really looks like it will be a winner. i have had a drive of another brands rear mounted rwd chassis and it was a nice stable platform. The D4 is incredibly well priced for anyone looking to enter this side of RC. Afer speaking to a couple of local guys who received their d4's and started construction they have both said the quality is far more superior than the d3 was.

If your thinking about getting into rc drift or going from 4wd to rwd then don't hesitate and get in there
Old 08-06-2015, 12:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

my pair arrived, cant wait to take a look
Old 08-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Wink

Originally Posted by freakyfreakyflo
RWD is a fantastic form of rc drift. very realistic in performance and set up. Check out the DLike videos on you tube and you will see that it can ashpelt can be just as good as carpet or poly concrete its all just a matter of opening up ones mind to set up concepts that are a bit foreign lol. Gyro usage is a must and with a bit of trigger time(oh dam i have to go drive my rc car for a couple hours to get used to it what a shame........ ) then awesome full lock drifts can be easily attained
As for this new chassis it really looks like it will be a winner. i have had a drive of another brands rear mounted rwd chassis and it was a nice stable platform. The D4 is incredibly well priced for anyone looking to enter this side of RC. Afer speaking to a couple of local guys who received their d4's and started construction they have both said the quality is far more superior than the d3 was.

If your thinking about getting into rc drift or going from 4wd to rwd then don't hesitate and get in there
Couldn't agree more about RWD. Also, the D4 is really competitive at the moment. We're actually about to release a full build video of the RWD chassis so people can use it as a reference while building their own. It's very stable on the track. The only issues we had while building it was that the shock towers were pretty fragile (our colleague was screwing it in place and the shock tower actually cracked. He's not Hulk or anything. He was pretty careful), and that the shocks cap screw placement was a bit off. Other than that, the entire chassis is very very nice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.