What radio should I get??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What radio should I get??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

I think all of them referred to are FM. Yes, worth the extra money. I would even go a step further and say that a computer radio is worth the extra $$. A good one should last quite a few years and can be used for several cars at once. The M8 has a 10 model memory.

Which numbers are foreign to you? List them and we'll spell 'em out.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default Radios

I can say this. The M8,3D are about the best radios for the money. I also have looked at the new Futaba but it is 329.00. Depends on if you want to spend 75.00 more for the M8, if so get it.
Old 11-11-2002, 01:18 PM
Tech Initiate

what about airtronics mx3, its fm and is like 90$

looks kinda nice and has a lcd display and a 5 model memory
Old 11-11-2002, 01:24 PM
Tech Initiate

The Airtronics MX-3 is a good entry-level racing radio, similar to the JR XR3i. The Airtronics M8 and Futaba 3PK are just a couple of steps up, at the top of the radio totem pole.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I personally use the M8. To me it is just the best radio available. Very comfortable to use, very easy to use and most top drivers swear by it. I personally feel that my driving has improved drastically since switching to the M8.

I would just love to see a team from the BIG XXII beat the heck out of those overated Hurricanes. Let them play in the BIG XXII!
Old 11-11-2002, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Let's hope that the Buckeyes lose. So, the Sooners might still have a shot.
Old 11-12-2002, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default FB

I think When the NCAA changed recruiting rules they accomplished what they wanted. No more teams that are so dominant that there bowl is not even a game. I think the there are still better conferences than others. Just hope we Beat the Buffs.
Old 11-17-2002, 07:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

if you really dont have the money for a high end radio the jr xr3 or airtronics mx3 are probably both good enough i had a xr3 when i started and it was good never glitched but it didnt have an exponetial adj one day the reciever died and i bought an m8 after that i felt an improvement in my ability to drive but the m8 began to cut off when i moved around probably a bad battery but i sold it and bought the ko propo ex1 mars r and this is definetly the best radio i have had i even tried the jr r1 for a week the mars r was like 240 and i like it much better than everything else its light and comfortable and the responce is so fast its like the radio is reading my mind tons of adjustments in fact way more than i could use good instructions and no matter what anyone says its very easy to use as most any adjustment you can imagine can be made very quickly most can be accessed directly