Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree30Likes

Losi XXL2-E

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 04:49 AM
Tech Rookie

anyone tried the single servo conversion coz my steering is off as truck pulls to one side even though i tried adjusting trim and servos..
Old 01-11-2017, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imranb
anyone tried the single servo conversion coz my steering is off as truck pulls to one side even though i tried adjusting trim and servos..
Check post #4, this thread is one of the best out there for this tuck IMHO.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...pic-heavy.html
Old 01-11-2017, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

With the center diff talk going on I thought I'd remind folks that the Ofna LX center diff (LX1e, LX2e and nitro models) is the same length as the trans. This means you don't need to modify the stock center shafts or try finding others that are the correct length.

Last edited by Overdriven; 01-11-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imranb
I hesitate to recommend the single servo mod for two reasons. First you need to use a high quality servo as you will no longer have a servo saver. The Hitec robot servo in the link above is the same as the Hitec 79xx series and has proven to be reliable in this application without a saver but I'm sure there are others that will survive as well.

Second reason is it may not be necessary. If you are pulling to one side you may be able to correct it with a good alignment. And by good alignment I mean a total reset and alignment of the entire steering system. Start by flipping the truck over and adjusting the servo trim to center the bellcranks, leave the radio on. Flip the truck back on its wheels and adjust the tie rods to then align the wheels. Pick the truck and put it back down a few times during adjustment to get it right. Once that is done loosen the tiny pain in the butt grub screws on the servo savers. Now adjust the servo trim back to center, move the steering bellcranks back to centered and tighten the grub screws. Make any final adjustments to the trim or tie rods and you should be good to go.

The worst part about the LST steering is the servo savers, they can be weak. But generally a weak servo saver won't favor pulling to one side it just won't center and will pull randomly to either side. The only time a weak saver will favor pulling to one side is with wheel bad alignment. There are also MGT servo savers available for any servo spline that are stronger than LST savers.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Overdriven
With the center diff talk going on I thought I'd remind folks that the Ofna LX center diff (LX1e, LX2e and nitro models) is the same length as the trans. This means you don't need to modify the stock center shafts or try finding others that are the correct length.
I read your suggestion before ordering my conversion kit. I searched quit a bit but was unable to locate any of the diffs mentioned. Maybe because if the defunct Ofna brand. I searched Habo as well but no luck. Would you happen to have a link on where to buy them? Fleabay had a LX1e a month or so ago but it was $160. Really all that is needed is the extended outdrives. If an off brand fits Losi for instance than that would be ideal.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cmbscx10
I read your suggestion before ordering my conversion kit. I searched quit a bit but was unable to locate any of the diffs mentioned. Maybe because if the defunct Ofna brand. I searched Habo as well but no luck. Would you happen to have a link on where to buy them? Fleabay had a LX1e a month or so ago but it was $160. Really all that is needed is the extended outdrives. If an off brand fits Losi for instance than that would be ideal.
This is what I was able to track down.

Spur: http://www.ebay.com/itm/391581212949

Diff: http://www.ebay.com/itm/391569800254

About 45$ total.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:56 PM
Tech Rookie

I hesitate to recommend the single servo mod for two reasons. First you need to use a high quality servo as you will no longer have a servo saver. The Hitec robot servo in the link above is the same as the Hitec 79xx series and has proven to be reliable in this application without a saver but I'm sure there are others that will survive as well.

Second reason is it may not be necessary. If you are pulling to one side you may be able to correct it with a good alignment. And by good alignment I mean a total reset and alignment of the entire steering system. Start by flipping the truck over and adjusting the servo trim to center the bellcranks, leave the radio on. Flip the truck back on its wheels and adjust the tie rods to then align the wheels. Pick the truck and put it back down a few times during adjustment to get it right. Once that is done loosen the tiny pain in the butt grub screws on the servo savers. Now adjust the servo trim back to center, move the steering bellcranks back to centered and tighten the grub screws. Make any final adjustments to the trim or tie rods and you should be good to go.

The worst part about the LST steering is the servo savers, they can be weak. But generally a weak servo saver won't favor pulling to one side it just won't center and will pull randomly to either side. The only time a weak saver will favor pulling to one side is with wheel bad alignment. There are also MGT servo savers available for any servo spline that are stronger than LST savers.
Thanks for the detailed guide, i'll try it and i'm sure it will be fixed as it makes more sense then changing the entire setup
Old 01-12-2017, 02:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New video

Finally broke an outdrive. Missed the ramp a few times on 5s hahahahaha

https://youtu.be/xUITF-ZQP1U
Old 01-12-2017, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jharper
Finally broke an outdrive. Missed the ramp a few times on 5s hahahahaha

https://youtu.be/xUITF-ZQP1U
Another great video!! Man that truck is a beast, I love it when it misses the ramp and slams into the opposite side of the ravine and takes it like a champ I think we are going to expect to see the body come off in all your videos from now on!
Old 01-12-2017, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cmbscx10
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Diff-6-Gea...it_p_6837.html

The complete center diff with mount from a LX1e/LX2e used to be about $50 for both when these were still the current model and before whatever happened to Ofna.

I have no idea what diameter the outdrives are and whether they can be used with another diff. That would be ideal as the LX/K series diffs don't have the greatest main cup seal. I've just seen these diffs used in an LST before with no mods to the center shafts so throwing the option out there.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Tech Initiate

If memory serves it was Trout74 on this thread that used a Losi 8ight center diff on his XXL2E
Might be worth a look
Old 01-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Skid plates

Couldn't find skid plates anywhere, so made my own. Just need to paint them or not.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-13-2017, 01:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RC Juice
Another great video!! Man that truck is a beast, I love it when it misses the ramp and slams into the opposite side of the ravine and takes it like a champ I think we are going to expect to see the body come off in all your videos from now on!
Thanks. I finally bought a new body haha. Kinda like it flying off though haha
Old 01-13-2017, 03:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Has anyone tried a narrower wheel/tire like the TA rival's? Im looking for the best wheels/tires for allround use but i dont like big heavy wide wheels/tires.

I much prefer the wheels to spin than strain the drive train/gearing.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.nitrohouse.com/Diff-6-Gea...it_p_6837.html

The complete center diff with mount from a LX1e/LX2e used to be about $50 for both when these were still the current model and before whatever happened to Ofna.

I have no idea what diameter the outdrives are and whether they can be used with another diff. That would be ideal as the LX/K series diffs don't have the greatest main cup seal. I've just seen these diffs used in an LST before with no mods to the center shafts so throwing the option out there.
Also keep in mind that you have several center and drive shafts from Losi to play with.

1) Muggy: Rear/Front (can't remeber from top of my head) muggy center shaft is longer than stock xxl

2) LST: The drive shaft (to the wheels) from the orig lst fits as a center shaft and is really long. I believe I used this one in my CD conversion or maybe it was too long?

3) XXL Nitro/Gas/Electric: Standard XXL shaft is another length.

I can't remember the exact data but found some older posts regarding this.
Asume I did actually measure them at that point

http://www.rctech.net/forum/12682694-post1.html

I don't know about the ofna diff. I use a hpi diff house (same as savage diffs) and they been holding up to lotsa of torque. I use the same diffs in my two savage xl's with CDs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.