Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Which Viper body?
Old 08-12-2015, 08:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SagadSetup
Which Viper body?
It's an Hpi body. Co worker who got me into hobby gave it to me couple years ago. It's cut out for nitro. Had to cut body for tires to fit.
Had to try something other then the Porsche body. Looks good but effected how the car drove far to much. It's like a different vehicle. Even the tires don't seem as bad. 3s run tonight wiped out 1 rear tire. But I got 3 runs hitting 54mph before tire wore out.
I got 27 runs with the original tires. Close to even between 2s and 3s. I've got another set from a Sprint2 then I had few years ago. May give them another try. May just go with regular touring tires.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Got me some new wheels for a little sliding action. Slip slide away.
Attached Thumbnails HPI RS4 Sport 3-received_10206358016002488.jpeg  
Old 08-14-2015, 12:45 PM
Tech Initiate

So I swapped the X-pattern tires from my RS4 nitro onto the Flux. On asphalt, I think these worked better than the stock slicks, and the 0mm offset front wheels from the nitro turned properly without hitting the stock Porsche body. Only problem is the rear tires look absurdly small given the wide rear of the Porsche.

It appears HPI makes 26mm wheels with the same pattern as the ones included with the Flux, so I considered buying a set of those plus slicks for the front, while leaving the standard 34mm slicks on the rear. That's an option but the more I've run the car, the more I think I want to replace the body itself and go to 26mm wheels all around. The stock Porsche body looks great but as I think someone mentioned earlier, it does seem rear-heavy and because of the rear diffuser, I don't see a way to get enough ground clearance for street use.

Meanwhile I somehow stripped the front hub carrier, so I've got a little time to sort out tires and wheels while the replacement parts come.

Endaar
Old 08-19-2015, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

So there are some durability issues. I hope that this will be addressed in time.

Why doesn't HPI do a recall on their products? Many products much cheaper than RC cars have recalls right? Why not RC cars?
Old 08-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Recalls are usually done for safety issues. For instance if a battery was known to burst during use, they would conduct a recall on the batteries.

For minor design or manufacturing issues, they would should just send you a new replacement part free of charge when you call them. I believe they still do.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sakadachi
Recalls are usually done for safety issues. For instance if a battery was known to burst during use, they would conduct a recall on the batteries.

For minor design or manufacturing issues, they would should just send you a new replacement part free of charge when you call them. I believe they still do.
Again you are right there!
Old 08-19-2015, 07:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Apologies if I missed it earlier in the thread, but could someone recommend adjustable turnbuckles for the front upper links as well as the steering linkage?

Thanks,
Endaar
Old 08-23-2015, 10:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Endaar, I use Tamiya 2mm x 21mm tie rods, Vaterra small ends and Losi 22 buggy short balls for the toe in rods. I don't like ball cups as they are not easy to get off If I need to change them. The Losi ball studs have a 2mm hex. I'm sorry I don't have part#'s but parts are in a parts box out of packages. I haven't replaced the top camber rods yet. Hope this helps a lil!
Old 08-23-2015, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blitteer
Endaar, I use Tamiya 2mm x 21mm tie rods, Vaterra small ends and Losi 22 buggy short balls for the toe in rods. I don't like ball cups as they are not easy to get off If I need to change them. The Losi ball studs have a 2mm hex. I'm sorry I don't have part#'s but parts are in a parts box out of packages. I haven't replaced the top camber rods yet. Hope this helps a lil!
2mm tie rod is awfully thin. Dont' you mean 3mm rods?
Old 08-24-2015, 02:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for the last few days getting any info I can about the RS4 Sport 3. I just got the thing about two weeks ago, in fact I just got into RC cars about a month ago. I went into a hobby town looking for parts for my DJI drone and found myself wandering around the cars for a good while and picked up a traxxas rustler. I have since then, converted it into a low center gravity 2WD slash and it is a blast to drive. I still felt like I wanted something more road specific that I could drift around and do some speed runs with, so that's why I came to the RS4 Sport 3. While I'm still very new to this hobby, I've learned a lot in the last month and I'm continuing to learn.

Now that I am into working on and upgrading my cars, I found it very hard to find parts for my Sport 3. I then came to find out that it had been released not that long ago. Well, luckily for me I found this thread and it steered me in the right direction, no pun intended. Before coming here, the only mods I had done were, adding a castle sidewinder 3 motor and esc combo, tetsujin super rims with bridgestone potenza drift tires and stealth body mounts. After coming here I ordered the Spec R CVDs and plan to swap to adjustable turnbuckles. Right now I'm using the stock bmw body for bashing and drifting, I do also have a British racing GTR that I recently finished and I'm working on my lexus IS-F race concept body next.

I have had a few issues, but nothing like what some of you have experienced. Pretty much I had the steering give me problems with little rocks getting stuck in the bellcrank area, I believe some other people had that happen. I have been thinking of something that will protect it. Maybe something similar to what the offroad trucks use, the mesh fabric with a zipper sewn into it. I would like to know what servo would be good to upgrade to?

Anyway, here are some photos of my car...
Attached Thumbnails HPI RS4 Sport 3-20651766949_bbe040f6de_o.jpg   HPI RS4 Sport 3-20650511388_f974b5e5d4_k.jpg   HPI RS4 Sport 3-20845626571_c021112be3_k.jpg   HPI RS4 Sport 3-20217519723_c7570d6585_k.jpg   HPI RS4 Sport 3-20812221176_76997baf91_k.jpg  

Old 08-24-2015, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OsirisSk8rGuy
Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for the last few days getting any info I can about the RS4 Sport 3. I just got the thing about two weeks ago, in fact I just got into RC cars about a month ago. I went into a hobby town looking for parts for my DJI drone and found myself wandering around the cars for a good while and picked up a traxxas rustler. I have since then, converted it into a low center gravity 2WD slash and it is a blast to drive. I still felt like I wanted something more road specific that I could drift around and do some speed runs with, so that's why I came to the RS4 Sport 3. While I'm still very new to this hobby, I've learned a lot in the last month and I'm continuing to learn.

Now that I am into working on and upgrading my cars, I found it very hard to find parts for my Sport 3. I then came to find out that it had been released not that long ago. Well, luckily for me I found this thread and it steered me in the right direction, no pun intended. Before coming here, the only mods I had done were, adding a castle sidewinder 3 motor and esc combo, tetsujin super rims with bridgestone potenza drift tires and stealth body mounts. After coming here I ordered the Spec R CVDs and plan to swap to adjustable turnbuckles. Right now I'm using the stock bmw body for bashing and drifting, I do also have a British racing GTR that I recently finished and I'm working on my lexus IS-F race concept body next.

I have had a few issues, but nothing like what some of you have experienced. Pretty much I had the steering give me problems with little rocks getting stuck in the bellcrank area, I believe some other people had that happen. I have been thinking of something that will protect it. Maybe something similar to what the offroad trucks use, the mesh fabric with a zipper sewn into it. I would like to know what servo would be good to upgrade to?

Anyway, here are some photos of my car...
Hello and welcome!

You nice bodies there.

Regarding protection from rocks, try using scrap lexan. Cut into the shape of the areas you want to protect. You can use double sided tape or glue gun to secure it.

I hope that helps solve the problem.

Enjoy!
Old 08-24-2015, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

General question for Sport 3 owners.

How is the turning radius and the steering of the car?

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2015, 05:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SagadSetup
General question for Sport 3 owners.

How is the turning radius and the steering of the car?

Thanks!
I found that really depends on what surface you drive on. I've now worn though they original set. I did get few runs in with a different body on the old tires. Steering improved.
Now running Sweep slicks, standard size. And it's equal to any of my other TC. Especially on concrete.
Ride height is now big issue.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
I found that really depends on what surface you drive on. I've now worn though they original set. I did get few runs in with a different body on the old tires. Steering improved.
Now running Sweep slicks, standard size. And it's equal to any of my other TC. Especially on concrete.
Ride height is now big issue.
Ride height is adjustable yes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.