Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2006 ROAR Electric On-Road Nationals @ Speedworld Raceway >

2006 ROAR Electric On-Road Nationals @ Speedworld Raceway

2006 ROAR Electric On-Road Nationals @ Speedworld Raceway

Old 06-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
This post is off topic, since this is a pic from the Reedy Race. Let's see who can tell me what is weird about this photo I took 2 weeks ago (you will need to zoom in).
Because he has the taymia sticker on his car thats not who he's running for?
Old 06-13-2006, 06:54 AM
Suspended

Talking

Originally Posted by P-DUB
Once again Billy and the Speedworld crew did an awesome job!!!

Gallery is up http://www.pdubracing.com/
Paul, is Jed becoming the BQ King? He always seems to be wearing it!

Old 06-13-2006, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The real question is how far down can Mo bury that finger up his nose OMG!!!

Originally Posted by McSmooth
Paul, is Jed becoming the BQ King? He always seems to be wearing it!

Old 06-13-2006, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
The real question is how far down can Mo bury that finger up his nose OMG!!!
"hey juan, look at this"
Old 06-13-2006, 07:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dal bains
Rick H.---totally makes sense....it would be cool to have a US resident go to the UK and be their national champion...btw-you also had a killer car this weekend...
Well, we already have Teemu Leino racing in the UK Touring Car series and in the past Oscar Jansen has even won the British 1/12th title.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussB
"hey juan, look at this"
Old 06-13-2006, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCalMitch
If you are not going to follow rules what is the point of having a sanctioning body at all like ROAR. Why not just let everyone enter from around the world. Oh there is already a race like that, the Reedy Race.
OK
Old 06-13-2006, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up CONGRADULATIONS!

I want to give a big "High Five" to all the new ROAR On-Road National Champions. Looks like it was a great event. To those of you who used PROTOform racebodies - a big "thankyou !" as well.
Because I was unable to attend the event, I've got a few questions for anyone who's able to answer. A: I want to confirm the names of the TQ drivers of each class. Correct me if I'm wrong. 12th Stock: J Brown, 12th 19T: M. Bruce, 12th Mod: Toso, TC Masters: Espo, TC Stock: J.Brown, TC 19T & Mod: Billy Easton.
B: I saw photos posted of some 12th scale racers using the Pf Speed 12B body - presumably in Stock and 19Turn. Was it any good? Any TQ's or podium finishes with that thing?
C: What kinda bite did the track have? Good - bad - medium? Did the heat bring the bite down much?
Any insight you guys can give me will be appreciated greatly.

Thanks again - Dale - PROTOform
Old 06-13-2006, 07:56 AM
Tech Rookie

This was my second big race ever, the Reedy and Speedworld this year. I have been racing for 21/2 years now and I can tell you guys that this race and the track were awesome and extremely clean and the food was great. You’re going to have controversy every where’s. Some stated that calls were not made, you were not watching the races obviously all day, I was sitting on the first table facing the tracks and they called everything they saw in my books, way more than the REEDY Race ever did. There was a lot of banging going on at the R.R and all you heard from the announcer was clean it up guys. Easton was not ROBBED, in bobbled in the turn and I think it was Howart car that bumped him. When you are racing that close you can not afford to bobble and go wide like Easton did. Easton went wide at the end of the straightway when he got tapped. He bobbled and you can not give him the lead back, which is observed that you think you can. The rules were mentioned that they should have put Easton back over the boards. If you would have done he would have been farther back in the pack instead of right behind the field of 5 or 6 cars. It happed and you can stop the race and start again. Hara won the A1 straight up and with a 22 lapper and clean run. Easton was the man all weekend and was the smoothest of all, but made a couple mistake on Sunday than all week. I wish Easton could have won, but didn’t. I guess this is y I do not try to reply or have an account with threads, it's to easy to say what you want.

DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Congratulations to Hara on another National Championship.
Congratulations to Billy E. on His TQ and 2nd in mod and TQ and win in 19t.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I think the rules are going to be re-written to disallow foreign drivers. Or at least clarify what constitutes U.S. residency. He really does not live in the U.S.

That said, most of the factory drivers want to race against the best. Preventing one of the best drivers ever to drive an R/C car does nothing other than weaken the field. I'd like to see the Nationals opened up to all drivers regardless of nationality. The result would be a better, more prestigious race.

Well said. ROAR needs to re-invent racing. By opening up Nationals to anyone willing to come, regardless of nationality, the ROAR National title would become something of prestige.

We allow foreign players to play in the NBA, which is a "NATIONAL" organization....Let's allow foreign R/C racers to race with us.

MF
Old 06-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

WORD!!!!

Well said. ROAR needs to re-invent racing. By opening up Nationals to anyone willing to come, regardless of nationality, the ROAR National title would become something of prestige.

We allow foreign players to play in the NBA, which is a "NATIONAL" organization....Let's allow foreign R/C racers to race with us.

MF
Old 06-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

It could be like Golf. US Open, British Open, ect.

Jeff
Old 06-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Suspended

Talking

Originally Posted by Jeff Werner
It could be like Golf. US Open, British Open, ect.

Jeff
Can we wear the funny pants too?
Old 06-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

nice pic from HPI Racing.

I think they are playing bloody knuckles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.