Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 ROAR Electric On-Road Nationals @ Speedworld Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
Wow alot of controversies include Hara!!!!
When you are the best, what do you expect?

People start quoting ROAR By Laws to get you. Do they really think ROAR would make an exception for him?
Old 06-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JohnMatrix
When you are the best, what do you expect?

People start quoting ROAR By Laws to get you. Do they really think ROAR would make an exception for him?

AMEN!!!! I know everyone would like to race nationals with people slower than them but sometimes it doesnt work out like that..
Mo
Old 06-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I believe that Easton should have gone right in front of hara putting Easton in the lead(not trying to start anything). Congradulations Easton on a awesome weakend 1 tq and win and 1 tq and second. Congradulations to hara on the win.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobertV
It wouldn't be a big event if we couldn't manufacture some controversy after the fact... especially if fueled by some that weren't even in attendance.

Exactly Juan (and congrats on your 4th place overall in TC Stock, nuf respect)

There was no "stop and go penalty" given out, everyone (including the announcers) understood that it wasn't Billy Easton's fault that he got hit and jumped over the board. Just like had been done several times that weekend, instead of having a turn marshal retrieve the car and return him to the other side of the board, the driver would wait until the pack of cars drove by. It would have been very controversial for him to retake his position at the lead of a multi car pack after jumping the track, regardless of how he was put there.

Billy Easton was fast and so was Rick Howart but sh*t happens and thats why we have Triple A Mains. Hara is the Nationals Champion and he rightly deserves the title.

Look at these series of pics from the start of A3 main and check out Hara's holeshot to take the lead in the first corner. I was flipping these pictures back and forth and it almost looks like Hara makes the pass like Billy is standing still! *edit* correction, its a pass on Rick Howart for 2nd, not the lead *edit*

I still have hundreds of pictures to sort and edit, there will be a link to the gallery at HarshGuy's Gearchart.com when complete.
I deleted the pics out of this quote so half the page wasnt filled up, But i have a real serious question.....Do you have pictures just like the start of A2 for Mod A1 and A3? If you do and you can sort them like that i would really like to see them, i just want to see how far i made it through the first corner before i was driven off the track. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

If you are not going to follow rules what is the point of having a sanctioning body at all like ROAR. Why not just let everyone enter from around the world. Oh there is already a race like that, the Reedy Race.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

I bet this will be the last on-road ROAR title for Hara, mark my words, I said it on 6/12/2006 at 10:31pm.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Suspended

Why?
Old 06-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SoCalMitch
If you are not going to follow rules what is the point of having a sanctioning body at all like ROAR. Why not just let everyone enter from around the world. Oh there is already a race like that, the Reedy Race.
What rules were broke? Hara lives in the states. He has a Roar Membership.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Josh Numan-instant replay...

RobertV--good pics...

Just wanted to say thanks to the whole crew for a good weekend (week )... I had a great time working with you guys,
lots of hard work went into these nationals.

Scottyb-I think everyone appreciated the shelfs on the tables cause its hard to sqeeze everything onto a 3' space...

harshguy-words cant describe what you and scotty have done.

Billy and Tracy--thanks for the awesome facility

Congratulations to Travis S, Rcamerica/Xray, and Team Br00d for the touring stock national title. That's 3 in a row on-road nats for Xray.

Billy Easton--you had a very very fast car...Dont need an overall win in mod to prove that.. Good luck at the worlds.

Congratulations to all the winners and everyone that had a good time
Old 06-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
I bet this will be the last on-road ROAR title for Hara, mark my words, I said it on 6/12/2006 at 10:31pm.
Since you are involved in the scoring at some high level races , don't you think you should not make comments like that. Or clarify your post.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You guys complaining about Hara should check your history a little. I don't know his citizenship or anything like that but I do know that back a few years ago a certain company brought a driver in from Japan to compete in a carpet National in MD. Let's just say he had a translater and was here for about a week. I think that is when the ROAR rules were revisited and when the chant of IIIITTOOOOOOO was heard through out the building

If Roar says Hara's good ok to compete....trust me, he is. I don't think they wanted another fiasco like that one
Old 06-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gotyournumber
Since you are involved in the scoring at some high level races , don't you think you should not make comments like that. Or clarify your post.
I think the rules are going to be re-written to disallow foreign drivers. Or at least clarify what constitutes U.S. residency. He really does not live in the U.S.

That said, most of the factory drivers want to race against the best. Preventing one of the best drivers ever to drive an R/C car does nothing other than weaken the field. I'd like to see the Nationals opened up to all drivers regardless of nationality. The result would be a better, more prestigious race.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

...beeep ...beeep ...beeep ...saweeet, popcorn's ready
Old 06-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Just a question, in offroad most factory drivers only run mod but why is it that there a lots of sponsored drivers that race stock in onroad?
Old 06-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am glad Hara races here. Would you rather find out how far behind US Pros are at the Worlds once every two years?

That said...Billy and Rick were fast enough to run with Hara at this race so huge props to them.

Now...lets see what happens in Italy in a few weeks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.