2006 ROAR Electric On-Road Nationals @ Speedworld Raceway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 ROAR Electric On-Road Nationals @ Speedworld Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

It wouldn't be a big event if we couldn't manufacture some controversy after the fact... especially if fueled by some that weren't even in attendance.

Originally Posted by pops
Billy Easton was robbed. He was hit from behind and knocked over the board ahead of the pack he was leading anyway. Then Barry Baker, calling the race, told him to wait until like 5 or 6 cars went by. Billy was not at fault but was penalized for the mistake of another driver. Billy should have gone right away, the way he was driving he could have won that 2nd main. Billy was catching Hara but ran out of time.
Originally Posted by JamesArluck
If he was knocked over the board to a different part of the track shouldn't he have had to wait until a turn marshall put him back on the right section of track?
Originally Posted by JamesArluck
I agree, it's a hard call to make. But even if he was "hacked from behind" does that mean it would have been ok for him to keep going without stopping and continue to lead the race?
Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
People were flipping over the boards all weekend, the only thing they were told to do was wait for the cars to come around that were near them when they flipped, and then announcers told them to go. I seen it happen in alot of the mains, if the rule would have been enforced alot of main results would have been different.
Exactly Juan (and congrats on your 4th place overall in TC Stock, nuf respect)

There was no "stop and go penalty" given out, everyone (including the announcers) understood that it wasn't Billy Easton's fault that he got hit and jumped over the board. Just like had been done several times that weekend, instead of having a turn marshal retrieve the car and return him to the other side of the board, the driver would wait until the pack of cars drove by. It would have been very controversial for him to retake his position at the lead of a multi car pack after jumping the track, regardless of how he was put there.

Billy Easton was fast and so was Rick Howart but sh*t happens and thats why we have Triple A Mains. Hara is the Nationals Champion and he rightly deserves the title.

Look at these series of pics from the start of A3 main and check out Hara's holeshot to take the lead in the first corner. I was flipping these pictures back and forth and it almost looks like Hara makes the pass like Billy is standing still! *edit* correction, its a pass on Rick Howart for 2nd, not the lead *edit*

I still have hundreds of pictures to sort and edit, there will be a link to the gallery at HarshGuy's Gearchart.com when complete.

Last edited by RobertV; 06-12-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

do you have any pics of my "manbatter white" street weapon?
Old 06-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default look closer

that pass looks like its for second, not the lead......
Old 06-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Damn, you're right! Thats Howart's Tamiya, I didn't look close enough at the paint scheme. When you flip the pictures back and forth, it did look like Hara was teleporting into the lead, I'm glad it was just an optical illusion.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobertV
Damn, you're right! Thats Howart's Tamiya, I didn't look close enough at the paint scheme. When you flip the pictures back and forth, it did look like Hara was teleporting into the lead, I'm glad it was just an optical illusion.
Oh great, now you just started another controversy, Hara had a gentelman's agreement that he wasn't gonna break the space time contimium to teleport himself to the lead, but your pictures show that he did
Old 06-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Oh great, now you just started another controversy, Hara had a gentelman's agreement that he wasn't gonna break the space time contimium to teleport himself to the lead, but your pictures show that he did
no, you have your facts screwed up. he tried to use his +12 teleportation powers, but since he didn't have proof of citizenship it didn't work.

gosh
Old 06-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Once again Billy and the Speedworld crew did an awesome job!!!

Gallery is up http://www.pdubracing.com/
Old 06-12-2006, 06:58 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

video of the mains anyone?????
Old 06-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Awesome pics, keep em coming, !

...Jim
Old 06-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Talking

JRXS Bill,

Was it one that you can buy?

LOL, ...Jim
Old 06-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCalMitch
Members who are not US or Canadian citizens wishing to compete in National
Championships must (present permanent resident visas) have been resident in the USA or Canada for at least 12 months prior to the event. Proof of residency may be required. In the case of a member too young to be issued a driver’s license, this proof must be based on the driver's license or identity document of the member's legal guardian.

Atsushi Hara won the 2005 JMRCA Japan Nationals on Nov. 2005.

I am not sure if this has ever been answered.
This was covered at least a year ago. I believe Hara is US resident.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Wow alot of controversies include Hara!!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
JRXS Bill,

Was it one that you can buy?

LOL, ...Jim
Unfortunately yes it was...It was a front motor JRX-S with pretty much my last setup.

Driver was just plain better than me.

Woe is me.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
Wow alot of controversies include Hara!!!!
that's cuz hara won mod.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Awesome pics, keep em coming, !

...Jim
RobertV is working on getting me the hundreds of pics he took so I can throw up a gallery on gearchart.com ...right RobertV????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.