Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Build traction on new ozite >

Build traction on new ozite

Build traction on new ozite

Old 10-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Build traction on new ozite

I searhed but couldn't find any details about this. My track just put new ozite down and we will be racing on it for the first time tomorrow. Any ideas to give me the edge on my competitors? I am thinking I will add a bit more toe in in the rear to compensate for the low traction and try a softer compound foam. Any other suggestions? Is there anything the track owner can do to decrease the amount of time it takes to get the traction up? I know in races like at Vegas they just have warmups and practice and that lays the compound down, but I imagine Vegas had as many laps ran in several hours as we will have run in several weeks.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

for ozite run jaco dbl pink orange/dbl pink or parma cyan/magenta use lots of compuond, but dint get too accustomed to the track, it will change as it absorbs the compuond people put sown
its kind of a try and see thingbut if ur lose more rear toe, stiffer front/softer rear springs, a whole slew of thing i could go thru, but im lazy and wont
Old 10-23-2005, 04:23 AM
Tech Regular

Our track is fairly low grip. We run pretty soft springs (yellow all round) in tamiya and for stock, usually not much harder, maybe yellow rear, blue front. Traction compounds obviously, and maybe try lighter oil. Not really any secret tips.