Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Real Race Simulator

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yes, 18 laps is flat out Hauling the Mail!!
I think I MIGHT be able to get 18 laps, but I need to work on getting smoother and more consistent...I'm still playing around with the fastest way through the S's at the end of the front straight!!

Ron
Old 04-05-2002, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

I was running a 7.8 gear ratio No I didn't pit, not even once, but I dumped right near the end, I think it was the start of my last lap or just before then I can't remember properly. I spun out and went face into the wall once (on the turn after the first S turn) but was lucky and got going quickly without having to press(T), other then that my run was pretty smooth.

I've found with the Xtacy that if the car is a little looser that you Will get around the track alot faster, as long as you can handle the looseness that you feel driving, try and really smoothen out your steering inputs to compensate but don't give up the fastest lines. I ran my best witch is posted then I did some more tunning and got it a bit more stable with out the tail kicking(I soffen'd up the rear) I found that when I ran it again'st my best I was alot slower. If your running a car that is completely planted loosen it up and I garentee that if you can handle it then you will be faster(both Ron's that might be part of it for both of you). Also I have my steering duel rates set at 75% not 100% and if you get a chance to cut a corner, DO IT it slices away the seconds big time.

C'mon I know you guys can hit 18 laps. Keep on it.

Another thing is after the S turn there is another then the U turn to go down the back strait. I've found that the turn after the S turn and before the U turn is rather slippery if you get off line and that if you stay on line and on power (dosn't have to be full but keep some power on) then there should be no problems. Hope this helps because it's a real pain in the butt(If you've DL'd my recording then you'll see exactly what I mean)

Last edited by fatdoggy; 04-05-2002 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-05-2002, 08:20 PM
Ron
Tech Adept

WOW! i was shocked the first time i DL (downloaded) your recording. when i first went to run it i about sent Per an e-mail to say HE CHEATED! your car got such a ROCKET hole shot i thought it was a mod motor or somthing. I then went back to the RRIW and DL your car file and ran that, looked at a few things (part of your set) and clicked the full edit (this told me) "hold it pal you cant do full edit on a spec car" so then i was like HOLY MOSES! this guys is GOOD! I was still not convinced that it was a spec car yet so i watched your whole race, you didnt make one mistake the whole race. Very consistant and clean i can see now why you got 18

So then i went back to my set and had to RETWEAK and get my car up to speed. I tried your set and i cant drive it, if it works for you then thats good but it seems to push or get to loose for me. I think you have a smoother transition rolling on and off the throttle. I think im more a mash the gas kinda driver out of a turn and your car is a tad too lose for my style.

darn fine run fatdoggy

Im not real sure who you are, have we raced before? online? you came out of left field and blew my doors off. Great job!
Old 04-05-2002, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Well guys...I ALMOST made it...I ran a 17/5:01 this afternoon...Had a few bobbles, and had to be <T>urnmarshalled once... My car is very planted, changed a few minor things to give it a little more steering... I wish I could get this this to handle like my Schumacher Axis2!! Man, I just got it dialed in tonight...planted and BUTT loads of steering...if I could DRIVE it as well as the Sim, I'd be pretty darn good!

I didnt record my 5:01, but here's the screen shot...I'll do some recordings tomorrow...I'm sure I can do 18 now!

Ron
Attached Thumbnails Real Race Simulator-az_ron_17_501.jpg  
Old 04-05-2002, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry correcting my previous post, my steering ATV settings not Duel rates are set at 75% instead of 100%. ops..

Thanks for the complement Ron. I knew that I would have to provide the car to proove that it wasn't cheating . I have never raced online, and I only have one screan name.

You have no idea how many races I recorded and dumped to try and get an almost perfect run. When I do race online there is no way I'll have the consistency of the recording unless you guys want to restart about 20 times.

Cheers.
Old 04-05-2002, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

AZ_Ron - Awsome dude.
Old 04-05-2002, 10:52 PM
Tech Addict

Default Did it...

18 in 5:17...here's the screen shot, and I DID record this one...
Still had quite a few Bobbles though...

Ron
Attached Thumbnails Real Race Simulator-az_ron_18_517.jpg  
Old 04-05-2002, 11:26 PM
Ron
Tech Adept

WELL! i can see we have some good ones. Im glad you guys are sticking with this sim. I must say that it took me a few myself to keep up with your 18 lap race. so if you guys are running 18 lappers then we need to race online. I cant wait, this will make for some really good racing. Spec omega or spec Xtacy should make for some very nice racing what do you guys think?

Ron your screen shots look like the exact same view i use, thats good. Do you use the F4 zoom in and zoom out view or just the F4 fixed view?

Try this, there is a Key (not sure wich ill have to read the book) you can drive the car to a spot on the track then click an F key and race from that position. Go to the center of the back strait and make that your new driver position. its like racing a whole new track. the view and driving angles all change and you drive all new lines. Its liek starting over.
Old 04-05-2002, 11:37 PM
Tech Addict

Default Getting Better

18/5:11!!!

Ron, I play around with f2/f3, and the driver stand height keys (up/down Arrows) to get the view I like...If I go for a drivers stand that is about what our local one is 3.5ft or so...I can't see my car in the back straight!! So I go with what looks pretty good and is comfortable...

I may be up for a race Saturday some time...shoot me an email and let's figure something out...

Ron
Attached Thumbnails Real Race Simulator-az_ron_18_511.jpg  
Old 04-06-2002, 03:02 AM
Ron
Tech Adept

Yes i do the same thing i think i get to a high of about 30-40 feet. I dont care for the zoom in zoom out view either. as the car speeds up the view zooms out. It just gets to be to much after a while and gets me dizzy
Old 04-06-2002, 04:12 AM
Per
Tech Initiate

I use about the same settings as you Ron. But I use the zoom.
It makes me go closer in the slower corners.
Yea somtimes it gets too dizzy. But I like the zoom mostly.
Old 04-06-2002, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

F me have you guys seen per's record? 18/5:2.361 Jeasus christ that is bloody fast. You guys are really stepping it up a knotch.

Holy Cr@p AZ_Ron 18/5:11.653 I have a feeling that your going to beat me LOL. Keep it up. but remember you still have to beat per

Last edited by fatdoggy; 04-06-2002 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-06-2002, 11:10 AM
Per
Tech Initiate

Haha! Tanks.. All of you in the championship is'nt that bad.
Maby I should arrange a race for all of us.

And the race is'nt perfect I have 2 misstakes in it. One little bigger. So I have some work to do

My goal is to reach 19 Laps with that car. But It's dumping the last secs.
Old 04-06-2002, 01:42 PM
Ron
Tech Adept

Ok i have a challange. Nitro 10 minute endurance race, Omega spec (not much to change on that car) parkinglot and 1 pit.

Ill send my race to Per if he wants to host this one.

Ive been racing alot of Nascar 4 and pits really make things fun, a pit can make or break a race and it changes alot of the racing, positions, and the little break in driving can loosen you up or tighten up your control.
Old 04-12-2002, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

is e race still on? juz got it recently bcos of tis thread...

hehe...managed to beat Per record...18 laps at 5:2.2
i've already email Per my recording as proof...car geared at 8.7

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.