Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Older Kyosho Lazer

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Talking Older Kyosho Lazer

Hey all, I recently came across what I'm pretty sure is a Kyosho Lazer, but I not sure which one it is(ZX, ZXR 2000). I got it off of eBay for 27 bucks, and it is like new. Just missing the body, wing, and electronics. It has full bearings, belt drive (looks new), A freind of mine has one back in 93, and this one looks alot like it. I attached a pic, if more is needed the help identify I can add them. I always like the Lazer, and hopefully that's what I got.

Any info would be appreciated, and any info on where I could get parts and such.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Lazer Sport
Old 10-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

A Sport, cool, thats is good to know. Like I stated before I always wanted one of these, even though I'm s die-hard AE fan, I also like Kyosho's, but they are hard to come by here in Chicagoland.(escpeciallly parts). Now to get some parts and gear to get the Lazer going again.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

Well, I tore the car down, and cleaned it up. Like I stated before this car is in great condition. Going to get a a body, wing/wing mount today. I have already ordered some electronics for it so, hopefully it will be running by this weekend. And I have to say the people at KyoshoUSA(website) are awesome, they where agle to send me a pdf file of a parts list, and instruction manual. I wonder how this would do against a Losi xxx4.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does Kyosho still have parts for that buggy? I thought Lazer parts were very hard to come by?
Old 10-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

well some of the parts fo the new ZX-5 fit (mainly suspenions parts). But the drive-train is harder to find parts, since my old Lazer is belt driven and the new Lazer is now shaft driven. But the are a few parts that I have been able to get off of eBay. I'm very lucky the great condition this car came in though. After thinking about I probaly won't really race or bash with it, maybe more of a classic R/C shelf queen. I really alway wanted a Lazer since I fisrt drove my friends back in 93, but then they where very expensive. So I settled for a RC10T Team Truck(and never regretted it). Since then I been mainly a AE guy, but always kept an eye out for Lazer. And finally found one.