Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/8" Carbide Diff Ball in Bulk Packs >

1/8" Carbide Diff Ball in Bulk Packs

1/8" Carbide Diff Ball in Bulk Packs

Old 10-11-2005, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default 1/8" Carbide Diff Ball in Bulk Packs

Im looking for a Web site that sells 1/8" Carbide Diff Balls in Bulk for a reasonable price any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-11-2005, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

ray huang is the man with the answer.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

i buy my dff balls from www.rc4less.com
he sells the ceramic. (silicone nitride)
Old 10-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

i just ordered mine at acerracing . ceramic nitride diff balls for $12.99 a pack of 12 w/ free shipping. price wont last long though
Old 10-11-2005, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dakrat
i just ordered mine at acerracing . ceramic nitride diff balls for $12.99 a pack of 12 w/ free shipping. price wont last long though
Actually, Acer has had the same pricing for at least a year now. They are always very reasonable and have great customer service. I ordered a ceramic bearing set for my FT TC4 and ceramic diff balls last Friday and had them Monday...3 days is all that was needed for shipping and best of all shipping was free!!
Old 10-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Most bearing companies offer discounts for packs and bulk. But any real discount occurs at 100 units.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Two questions for you guys.

1. Are the ceramic balls always black? This would be nice to distinguish them from the cheap steel and carbide balls.

2. Is there such a thing as ceramic diff rings?
Old 10-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Katana Man
Two questions for you guys.

1. Are the ceramic balls always black? This would be nice to distinguish them from the cheap steel and carbide balls.

2. Is there such a thing as ceramic diff rings?
All the ceramic diff balls I have seen from various retailers/manufactures have always been black. The easiest way to tell ceramic diff balls from steel and carbide is weight. The difference is night and day. It would be like comparing the weight of a rock in one hand and the weight of a feather in the other.

Never seen ceramic diff rings. Doesn't mean they do not exist but I have have never seen them. I am not sure, and just guessing, but I cannot see using ceramic diff rings. You could not use both ceramic diff rings and ceramic balls together. Ceramic diff rings and ceramic diff balls, when used together, would probably wear down both rings and balls pretty fast since both items are made out of extremely hard material...changes would be frequent and expensive. Ceramic rings, when used with steel or carbide diff balls would probaby ruin the balls too fast causing very frequent rebuilds again. And I can see the ceramic rings eventually wearing out.

Now using ceramic diff balls will have you wearing out diff rings faster than if the balls were steel or carbide but I can honestly say I have never had to replace a ceramic diff ball. I used the same ceramic diff balls in my TC3 for three race seasons and never had a problem with one of the balls. In fact, my diffs were as smooth after 3 years as they were when the ceramic balls were brand new.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Kyosho had a 12th pan car (Fantom?) that had white ceramic diff rings & balls, back in 1988-89 time frame. i saw them, never tried them. from what i heard they were more of a ceramic/glass type structure and were easily damaged in hard crashes and from diff over tightening
Old 10-16-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by noline
Im looking for a Web site that sells 1/8" Carbide Diff Balls in Bulk for a reasonable price any help would be greatly appreciated
We got'em. YGPM.