Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New Schumacher KF2 >

New Schumacher KF2

Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Old 01-22-2016, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
From Reedy Race, "Top European at the end of 2WD practice would be Polish ace Michal Orlowski. The factory Schumacher driver said having started out the day with forward traction a ‘really big problem’ so to end up 9th fastest he was ‘so happy’. Having to completely change his car, including making a conversion that moved the motor position 30mm further back in the car, the 14-year-old said now looking for more steering they will switch to a softer front spring. A star of the Euro Offroad Series and making the final in both 2WD & 4WD at the World Championships in Japan, he said the track here at OCRC is very different to what he is used to but he is enjoying this year’s layout and bigger jumps."

I'm curious to see what he did!
He put the motor all the way back.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by scoobyrs25
He put the motor all the way back.
So the motor faces the diff cases?
Old 01-22-2016, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 71WOK
So the motor faces the diff cases?
my guess is he was in the standard front or low grip position and went to the MM position. You'll have to wait for pics of his car. I know that's what I would have done
Old 01-22-2016, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default Setup

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
my guess is he was in the standard front or low grip position and went to the MM position. You'll have to wait for pics of his car. I know that's what I would have done
At 30mm they must have started at motor forward with the shorty conversation! Then changed to the MM chassis is my bet.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MelKF2
At 30mm they must have started at motor forward with the shorty conversation! Then changed to the MM chassis is my bet.
Maybe. It was mentioned a conversion was made. To me this suggests another configuration is being tested!
Old 01-22-2016, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Default Numbers

Maybe. It was mentioned a conversion was made. To me this suggests another configuration is being tested!
Just checked the numbers on my chassis! They went MM.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MelKF2
Possibly. I'll defer to you die hards. I'm very inexperienced with the platform. I recently got the KF with the low grip chassis on it and haven't had much time with it yet. I got it purposely for carpet and turf but I'm so pleased with the car I may try it full time. Just gotta do some work on the setup for it to get it where it's comfortable for me to race with.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Had a +7mm carbon chassis made for my kf2. Forward traction and side bite was excellent on a dusty and bumpy medium traction track.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Ran my KF2 for the first time after switching to the mid motor option. Ran on medium traction dirt/clay mix. Have 3 degree anti-squat and 4.5 rear tow. I was really surprised how well it ran. I normally run my KR and have only ran the KF2 a couple times. I with a full size shorty, it was ok, but with a lite weight shorty it was really good. I was immediately faster with that config they I have been with the KR.

Traction really was not a problem, as long as I stayed on the race groove. Plenty of steering both on and off throttle. Was definitely able to stay on the throttle more through the sweeper.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Had a +7mm carbon chassis made for my kf2. Forward traction and side bite was excellent on a dusty and bumpy medium traction track.
Just a bit of an update for any kf2 driver interested. I have completed 3 days of running the longer chassis, and with out doubt this has been a massive improvement to this car. People who are Schumacher non believers have seen the car and are impressed by the way it drives. I would recommend anybody who is willing to try something totally different give it a go. My chassis was produced by Bezerk RC in Melbourne Australia.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Just a bit of an update for any kf2 driver interested. I have completed 3 days of running the longer chassis, and with out doubt this has been a massive improvement to this car. People who are Schumacher non believers have seen the car and are impressed by the way it drives. I would recommend anybody who is willing to try something totally different give it a go. My chassis was produced by Bezerk RC in Melbourne Australia.
How did it change the cars characteristics and do you know the weight distribution with the new chassis?
Old 01-26-2016, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So, is the mid conversion a 'must have' if on dirt? Should be getting my KF2 tomorrow :-)
Old 01-26-2016, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default MM

Originally Posted by oldernoob
So, is the mid conversion a 'must have' if on dirt? Should be getting my KF2 tomorrow :-)
Yes!
Old 01-26-2016, 12:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RogerM
How did it change the cars characteristics and do you know the weight distribution with the new chassis?
The car is setup in the mid motor position and I have the arms and hubs in forward positions. The weight distribution is still 1.5% away from the the magic numbers (around 37/63). I have gone after wheelbase because imo it was too short with the rear arm/hub position. With this chassis I now have a wheelbase of a b5m (I own one). The sterring has dulled down it's now similar, but still quicker than a b5m and the car is not as twitchy. This may not be the answer for everyone, as I do run mod and I still have to add weight to the car. It's just an option for kf2 owners to consider/try for themselves.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

A sponsored guy here has built a slapped together car using a kf2 chassis snd front end with a sv2 gearbox, it looks pretty quick

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.