Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mustrum
Have you tried to fit a xs shorty and your speedo (if it fits) as you did on lg version?
I actually have not tried that layout yet. Given that I am having no issues with grip at all I haven't felt the need to go that extreme just yet. If I am lacking in grip at the race at the outdoor track I may pull this out of the bag.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
I actually have not tried that layout yet. Given that I am having no issues with grip at all I haven't felt the need to go that extreme just yet. If I am lacking in grip at the race at the outdoor track I may pull this out of the bag.
Do you think there is enough room to do it?
Old 08-21-2015, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mustrum
Do you think there is enough room to do it?
Someone here already did this. I think it was Mel. The XS 2s shorty is the size of a single saddle pack and fits along side the esc in the LG configuration.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

I was the one who first did that with the LRP Super Shorty to the best of my knowledge....

I am pretty sure it will fit, but yes, things are a little more narrow up there than in the back. The Reedy Blackbox ESC I am now using is a little more slender than the Speed Passion I originally did the experiment with. I think it should squeeze in there just barely. I'll measure it later tonight and see if it is going to fly.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

I was the one who first did that with the LRP Super Shorty to the best of my knowledge....

I am pretty sure it will fit, but yes, things are a little more narrow up there than in the back. The Reedy Blackbox ESC I am now using is a little more slender than the Speed Passion I originally did the experiment with. I think it should squeeze in there just barely. I'll measure it later tonight and see if it is going to fly.
Thanks Matt!
Old 08-21-2015, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default Your Idea!

Thats was all your idea my friend I just copied it!
Old 08-23-2015, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Default Small Bore Shocks

Yeah, I am really looking forward to testing it out on that outdoor surface. Apparently the tires of choice are exactly what they were running at the Euro's race. However, I don't think this track is going to groove up like that and I also hear it is a fresh layout so things should be plenty loose.

If this car is competitive at the race (not just OK but really competitive) I will be really interested to see what Schumacher does with the SV2, if anything. I think the Euro's event is telling because if they were in fact working on an update to the SV2 I would have expected to see it in some form given the conditions. Why would they sink R&D time and money into developing both the MM configuration for the KF2 along with a new car that is essentially targeting the same type of surface.

Assuming the feedback and results with the MM config continue to be positive here is my prediction: The SV2 will cease to be produced and they will sell two flavors of the KF2.
  • KF2 "Euro Edition"
    • Kit as it exists today
    • Molded upper trans housing and parts for mounting shocks on back by default
    • Low grip config as default with MM config and forward motor config as options
  • KF2 "Yankee Edition"
    • Alloy chassis with MM config holes (hopefully milled and lightweight!)
    • Molded upper trans housing and parts for mounting shocks on back by default
    • MM config as default with low grip config and forward motor config as options
    • Ball diff standard
    • CVDs standard
    • Possibly small bore shocks standard (I have yet to test these)

If they could get it into the low $300s USD I think it could be a huge success here. It wouldn't need a single thing out of the box to be competitive.

And just to be clear, this is just my pure speculation. I have no information from or communication with Schumacher at all regarding the matter.
Like the Yankee Edition! From what I have read from Schumacher the sm bore shocks are working great on the K1 running on high grip smooth track, I am getting ready to order them here soon and see if the translation will work on the KF2MM format?

Last edited by MelKF2; 08-23-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

It turns out that mounting the ESC next to a Super Shorty with the MM layout battery position is going to be too tight. At least with my ESC, which is a Reedy Blackbox. I even accounted for removing the side pods to get a little extra width. The problem is that the chassis necks down too much in front too quickly. People running a slightly smaller ESC might be able to get away with it though. But if you can fit it there you probably would be able to fit it in the right rear area between the transmission pods too.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:28 PM
Tech Adept

It turns out that mounting the ESC next to a Super Shorty with the MM layout battery position is going to be too tight. At least with my ESC, which is a Reedy Blackbox. I even accounted for removing the side pods to get a little extra width. The problem is that the chassis necks down too much in front too quickly. People running a slightly smaller ESC might be able to get away with it though. But if you can fit it there you probably would be able to fit it in the right rear area between the transmission pods too.
The smallest speedo I've found is the novak impact and it must be tight too.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MelKF2
Like the Yankee Edition! From what I have read from Schumacher the sm bore shocks are working great on the K1 running on high grip smooth track, I am getting ready to order them here soon and see if the translation will work on the KF2MM format?
Only thing I would say would be on the Yankee edition it would be a carbon chassis and some Ti stuff in order to get weight down to 1500g for all the stock racers in the US. Weight does not matter near as much for the rest of the world.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default KF2 Body options.

Hello all.
I have started making my own bodies for my cars, as I am not a fan of the cab forward craze that seems to be the current default for manufacturers.
Although Schumacher are not too bad in this regard, I have started with what I run.

So, I thought I'd post them up and see if there would be any demand for them.
This is my new Cougar KF2 body, based on the look of the Cougar 2 but fits KF and KF2 models. You do need to drill the shock tower to fit a body mount. works with rear mounted shock tower also. Suits low grip and front mounted motor, I will modify for the MM soon or if I get a request.

Let me know if you like it.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by UNSTABLE
Hello all.
I have started making my own bodies for my cars, as I am not a fan of the cab forward craze that seems to be the current default for manufacturers.
Although Schumacher are not too bad in this regard, I have started with what I run.

So, I thought I'd post them up and see if there would be any demand for them.
This is my new Cougar KF2 body, based on the look of the Cougar 2 but fits KF and KF2 models. You do need to drill the shock tower to fit a body mount. works with rear mounted shock tower also. Suits low grip and front mounted motor, I will modify for the MM soon or if I get a request.

Let me know if you like it.
Great look, it reminds me the 1st Schumacher 2wd topcat!
Old 08-24-2015, 08:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

I was reading that a few were having side bite problems. This is what we found running on cork flooring over last seasons winter indoor championship over here in the UK. the cork is a medium grip surface and the KF1 LG as it was back then suffered coming out of the corner. Everyone ran the rear pivots high on the rear wishbones, which helped with this problem. I also found although short wheelbase gave more straight line traction it gave more pendulum effect into the corner and made the side bite problem worse. Basically my conclusion was that the higher roll centre was sending the load down the wishbone faster ie like anti-squat rather than waiting for the springs to settle and transmit the load.
I recon the KF1 rear end would be better for loose grip with the alloy block kit in the high hole. At the Euros in the 4wd the winning Aero ran high pivot position with no spacers in the front and 2mm in the rear, that's one high position you probably carnt get with the KF2 blocks.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Default Agree!!

Originally Posted by fivepointnine
Only thing I would say would be on the Yankee edition it would be a carbon chassis and some Ti stuff in order to get weight down to 1500g for all the stock racers in the US. Weight does not matter near as much for the rest of the world.
Totally agree! Very true statement about Euro driver's and the weight of there Vehicle's!
Old 08-24-2015, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rsimps
I was reading that a few were having side bite problems. This is what we found running on cork flooring over last seasons winter indoor championship over here in the UK. the cork is a medium grip surface and the KF1 LG as it was back then suffered coming out of the corner. Everyone ran the rear pivots high on the rear wishbones, which helped with this problem. I also found although short wheelbase gave more straight line traction it gave more pendulum effect into the corner and made the side bite problem worse. Basically my conclusion was that the higher roll centre was sending the load down the wishbone faster ie like anti-squat rather than waiting for the springs to settle and transmit the load.
I recon the KF1 rear end would be better for loose grip with the alloy block kit in the high hole. At the Euros in the 4wd the winning Aero ran high pivot position with no spacers in the front and 2mm in the rear, that's one high position you probably carnt get with the KF2 blocks.
Why not just use the new high roll centre parts;

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/New_Ca...KF2/U4734.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.