new losi 4wd buggy?????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new losi 4wd buggy?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

More 1/18th scale cars are sold than any other segment of the market right now. The Mini-LST should raise the bar for mini monsters and sell like hotcakes for Christmas.

The rear end parts that are being tried on the BK2 are more than just making it a BK1..companies have to test to learn, that's all they're doing. There is more to it than changing the tranny.

At the same time, what exactly is wrong with the MF2 tranny?

dakrat - Having never run the car, how can you assume that the engineers who built that car would overlook something that simple? It's pretty hard to tell how well a car works by looking at pictures of it.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

I would almost bet that the front arms are not much shorter than the XXX-4 arms, no one has noticed how they moved the outer pivot point out as far as they can. IT uses the C-hub and Spindles off the onroad cars. Along with the rear arms, they, I presume, are just slightly shorter but they too have the outer hinge pin moved out almost at the rim(prolly 1/4-3/8 farther out than the XXX-4), just not sure how much farther the inner is moved compared to the outer..
Old 10-18-2005, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There trying out the BK1 pivot because it's wider. It makes it better through bumps and stuff. Losi is doing it because they went ahead and designed a new buggy before finding out all the things they could do to tune the BK1.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RedFoxRacing
There trying out the BK1 pivot because it's wider. It makes it better through bumps and stuff. Losi is doing it because they went ahead and designed a new buggy before finding out all the things they could do to tune the BK1.
its not even the BK1 pivot they(we) are trying. and its nothing like the rear end of the BK1 that is currently being tested around the world.

its a completely new combinaton of parts.

the BK1 was bettered by the BK2, now we are working on something new to make it better than both the previous BK cars.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yeah you are both wrong.

I talked with mike truhe a couple of weeks ago when he was at one of our local tracks for a series race.

They modified the bk2 with the bk1 tranny because the diff sits up higher. They did this to help gain rear grip for the worlds surface. They used the xx-cr rear pivot because because again, it raised the rear end a little more and yes, it was slightly wider. They also used xx-cr rear hubs, but I can't remember why.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

o.s. power - How is what Doughty said "wrong"? Considering he is running the rear end that you bench racers obviously know more about than we do..

Running the BK1 pivot and the CR hubs is changing the pivot points of the suspension, dogbone angles and plunge, tire scrub, camber rise, and a few other things. Just because it has the BK1 pivot (which...other pivots have been tried) and the BK1 tranny doesn't mean that the BK2 was a mistake or that it's not any better or blah blah blah.

Losi is testing to learn. Let it be!
Old 10-18-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

ok guys, stop slapping and go back to your corners...

Lets get back on topic as this was an interesting thread to me at least.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new 4wd vehicle from Losi and who knows, they may make one based on the JRX-S since you could have some parts compatibility there.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
o.s. power - How is what Doughty said "wrong"? Considering he is running the rear end that you bench racers obviously know more about than we do..

Running the BK1 pivot and the CR hubs is changing the pivot points of the suspension, dogbone angles and plunge, tire scrub, camber rise, and a few other things. Just because it has the BK1 pivot (which...other pivots have been tried) and the BK1 tranny doesn't mean that the BK2 was a mistake or that it's not any better or blah blah blah.

Losi is testing to learn. Let it be!
I am just stating what I was told to me by truhe what they are/were running on their bk2's in terms of the rear end. Offering some clarification is all.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, and what I said was what a Losi driver at our local track told me.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

I, an unsponsored racer have put together one of the rear ends you guys speak of, the one with the bk2 outdrives/xxx tranny, cr block and the outer/inner deal. I must say I liked it, But found it rotated to much mid to exit corner, Which can be compensated with many things, I think Losi is definatly moving in the right direction. And when they find where they are suppose to be, I will no doubt try that car and see if I like it.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
ok guys, stop slapping and go back to your corners...

Lets get back on topic as this was an interesting thread to me at least.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new 4wd vehicle from Losi and who knows, they may make one based on the JRX-S since you could have some parts compatibility there.
Indeed, this thread does seem to have turned '2WD'

I don't think you will see a production JRX-S based 4WD off-roader from Losi
Old 10-19-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

When is the xx4 going to be re-released? I've heard much talk about it, but it hasn't been mentioned on Losi's site....yet. Will it be by this Christmas? Will there be new parts/design on the old car?
I too believe with the current world championship that 4WD is making a comeback. I don't believe it will ever be as big as rtr or possibly the minis that are selling really well right now, but that doesn't concern me. When 8-12 folks show up at a track with a 4WD buggy, I'm excited. That's more than enough to have a fun competitive race. Any more people that start showing up with 4WD to race is just icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned. I really hope to see lots more people running 4WD this winter at indoor off-road tracks.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

If I remember, I read somewhere it was going to be out by christmas. And some parts are going to be updated. I would think it is going to be the belts for sure and maybe a couple of other things.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Would live to see the xx4 make a big comeback and win some big races
Old 10-23-2005, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

just to tell u guys. 4wd classes are to me the best classes to see in races. they are 10 times quicker around the track then 2wd or stadium truck and it takes very good driver to win a class like that. they zip around my track like 1/8 scale buggies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.