Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nitro sedan racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default nitro sedan racing

hi all:why doesn't 1/10 nitro sedan racing seam to be as popular as electric sedan racing is?i think they are both fun and the cars look cool.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
hi all:why doesn't 1/10 nitro sedan racing seam to be as popular as electric sedan racing is?i think they are both fun and the cars look cool.
Depends on where you are at, because here in SoCal 1/10 nitro is real popular. Where do you live?
Old 09-27-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

One of the things we are finding at our track here in Edmonton, Canada, is that new guys are having a difficult time getting their cars to run...motor tune/shift points/servo end points etc...etc... many things to keep on top of, where as electric is basically, plug and play.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Believe it or not, one of the most common reasons I've heard is that its cleaner with EP.

For me its gotta be Nitro ... EP is for those with hard of hearing ...

Even if I end up with one of those with hearing issues after years of nitro on-road racing, at least it would have been really fun!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Its the sound for me. At the parking lot races, people come running when the nitro heats are going. It just gets the adrenalin going. Especially when those nitro fumes get into your eyes Gotta.. . race... more...
Old 09-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

I've heard the same thing, it's the sound !

When was the last time you heard a full scale car "Zing" by?
Old 09-27-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Its got to be nitro for me too. I started with nitro, went to electric and now back to nitro. It isn't as popular at the local track, but its the nitro that gets the spectators. With new drivers, sometimes it doesn't hurt to do a little work on the car for them to point them in the right direction. Some people are natural to it, others, never get it.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yea i started out in nitro too and went to electrics then went back to nitros i believe in a racing point of view electric is so much better but at our local track the numbers were low on electric drivers. but what i like about nitros is you know how fast your car is going with the sound where as electrics it just feels fast but no adrenalin just feeling of satisfaction when your car handles really good in the corners and on non race days nitro wins by a mile with no charge time just fill up and go
Old 09-28-2005, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I love both forms of racing, but up in the north, you have snow. So what do you race in the winter? In-door electric, carpet or smooth surface.

I perfer nitro also, the speed, the smell, the tuning.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

I think the electric is the more "PRO" thing. You hear more about electric on road drivers rather than nitro. I currently race Electric but really badly want a Nitro.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

myk505,

You may hear more about electric drivers in touring car because its the pinnacle of the electric class.

Nitro...the pinnnacle is 1/8. Names like Collari, Fantini, Bertin, Burch, Swauger, Shimo, Salven are all known and associated with 1/8.

John
Old 09-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

I'm going to agree with jjmudd, nitro adds many more things, compared to electric, that you need to get right in order for your car to even run a full heat. In addition to nitro specific tasks like engine tuning and throttle linkage setup (which make just about every new racer go or ) you've got the whole driving and setup deal to figure out as well. Beyond that, the nitro junkie is a different breed of racer...
Nitro...the pinnnacle is 1/8. Names like Collari, Fantini, Bertin, Burch, Swauger, Shimo, Salven are all known and associated with 1/8.
jrabbito's got that other issue cornered as well. The BigBoys prefer 1/8th, and 1/10th nitro touring is a relatively new class as well.