Community
Wiki Posts
Search

kyosho electric offroad

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Smile kyosho electric offroad

hi all:i heard that kyosho is getting back into electric racing and i think it is a great thing,don't know why they got out of it in the first place.what i'd realy like to know is why they have no plans on making a new 1/10 electric race truck,because this class could use some more competition?the associated and losi trucks are very good,but more competiters means better trucks and better racing?just my two cents what do you all think?thanks
Old 09-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They may possibly make a new truck in the future but IMO, they haven't shown much interest perhaps because trucks are really only popular in the U.S.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Kyosho just released a new 4WD Buggy here in Japan. It has a retail price of 50,000 YEN or close to $500. For that reason it probibly wont be released in the states just like their last 4wd buggy never hit the states because it was too expensive and 4wd wasn't popular enough in the states.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Shops in the U.S. are already selling the new car for around $330
Old 10-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwginkc
Shops in the U.S. are already selling the new car for around $330
That's good to hear! 4WD class can always used some more competitors!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

What is the part number on the new Lazer ZX5? I would like to see how soon we can get them from our local shops?

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products...ser_zx5-e.html
Old 10-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Kenon Hobby pre order US$309.99

Pre-Order US$309.99
Old 10-05-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
hi all:i heard that kyosho is getting back into electric racing and i think it is a great thing,don't know why they got out of it in the first place.what i'd realy like to know is why they have no plans on making a new 1/10 electric race truck,because this class could use some more competition?the associated and losi trucks are very good,but more competiters means better trucks and better racing?just my two cents what do you all think?thanks
Well just know that all manufacturers that release electric racing trucks almost always come out with the buggy first, and then design the truck from that. Apparently Kyosho is still working on the buggy (pavidis) as it's still a prototype, so once they have that car finished, they'll lengthen the arms, give it longer shocks and towers, and put a body on it.

Just give them time, it's still a possibility. They just haven't even gotten the buggy done yet. The concept is, if you get the buggy handling right, the truck will fall into place because it's based on the same design geometry.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

it should have arrived a few days ago, but finally i have my ZX5, just got the rear gearbox built so far.. will have a lil review and test drive soon.. it'll be racing this sunday so ill see how it does there.

theres a few quick photos up of mi progress so far.
www.oople.comwww.oople.com
Old 10-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

If anybody is interested in the Lazer ZX5 I would highly suggest going to oople.com!!! There is a terrific review of the car with superb pictures and comparison details with a BJ4. I am looking forward to getting back into 4wd offroad since the late 80s and I think I found the car.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oople
it should have arrived a few days ago, but finally i have my ZX5, just got the rear gearbox built so far.. will have a lil review and test drive soon.. it'll be racing this sunday so ill see how it does there.

theres a few quick photos up of mi progress so far.
www.oople.comwww.oople.com
Nice write up on the ZX-5 I'm currently building mine, and hope to have it on the track soon.

We have just a few ZX-5 left in stock (please email for discounted price as we are required to post the $329.99) Kyosho USA will be sending us spares and hop-ups by mid-week and we are also putting together a titanium screw kit for the ZX-5 as well.

Steve Wang
Old 10-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
We have just a few ZX-5 left in stock (please email for discounted price as we are required to post the $329.99) Kyosho USA will be sending us spares and hop-ups by mid-week and we are also putting together a titanium screw kit for the ZX-5 as well.

Steve Wang
I'm looking forwards to purchasing a ZX-5 off of you Steve. By chance would you know if you will have the Titanium screw kit available within a couple of weeks? I would like to start off the assembling process with them and not have to go back and change 'n replace all of the screws. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Thai3g_Eclipse
I'm looking forwards to purchasing a ZX-5 off of you Steve. By chance would you know if you will have the Titanium screw kit available within a couple of weeks? I would like to start off the assembling process with them and not have to go back and change 'n replace all of the screws. Thanks.
Actually, should have that up on the website tonight I was just working on the screw count and sizes, and it looks like we got them all so we are ready to put together a kit for it.

A total of 95 screws, which from our experience, about every 30 screws you save 10 grams or so. so over 30 grams of saving I believe with 95 screws.

Steve Wang
Old 10-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Excellent! Just make sure you keep those ZX-5's in stock.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Thai3g_Eclipse
Excellent! Just make sure you keep those ZX-5's in stock.
I'm trying and just uploaded the ti-screw kit

Kyosho ZX-5 Titanium Screw Kit

Steve Wang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.