Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATLAS YM-34 Type-Si II

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Default ATLAS YM-34 Type-Si II

Here are some pics of their new car. Lets hope they get hand on some good drivers.

Old 09-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Arrow si-II

looks interesting. lots of c/f everywhere...

weirdly enough, i found the manual to this car online like six months ago. no pics, no info, but a nice, detailed, color manual.

thanks for the pics.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default Type-Si II

Originally Posted by seaball
looks interesting. lots of c/f everywhere...

weirdly enough, i found the manual to this car online like six months ago. no pics, no info, but a nice, detailed, color manual.

thanks for the pics.
Thanks for the pics.

I noticed that manual too (a few months back), I think that was the YM-34 Type-Si II Limited Edition which did get released in July.

I think the car they just announced is called the YM-34 Type-Si II 2005 Edition. I have not had time to explore the subtle differences (The top deck is certainly different to the Type-Si II LE) but I've noticed the Ads in RC World this month are calling it the 2005 Edition.

Is anyone still using the YM34, YM34-Type T or the Type-Si? I've still got a standard YM34 (bought for spares for my Type T but never needed - only broke 1 hub and a diff outdrive in 2 years of racing a Type T!!). Its newly built and never used. Also got a couple of Type Ts in great condition and a Type-Si too. Also, lots and lots of Atlas spares, if anyone is interested I would sell or trade? PM me with what you are looking for....

After using Atlas cars for a few years, I think I've gone off purple and in a very sad kind of way, I miss breaking things!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started using the Pro 4 indoors on carpet now (my outdoor car) but may go for a 415 or some other belt car....
Old 09-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone noticed that this car shares quite a lot of parts and features with the Cyclone?

There are only minor differences between the 2 cars - like the Atlas using Carbon plates to hold the diffs in rather than the upper alloy bulkhead on the Cyclone.

The carbon layshaft plate on the Cyclone looks like it comes straight from the Atlas upper deck - and they just hacked the rest of the upper deck off!

Note also how the shock towers on the Atlas bolt to the front of the bulkheads - right where the roll bars mounts are on the Cyclone.

Some of the purple suspension pivot blocks are the same as the Cyclone too.

The main difference from this new Atlas compared to last years car seems to be the upper deck and alloy front and rear hub carriers.

BTW if you look at the Atlas manual at the start, it show various components that aren't used - some of those unused steering components are the same as the original steering parts on the prototype Cyclone

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of these two cars were interchangeable, understandable when you consider that a lot of their parts are made at the same place.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Im probably getting this Atlas and was wondering what are my options for putting a front diff in it?

Thanks
Old 12-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default si II

is anyone still running a si II ? if so how do they find it? i have one still brand new untouched, & will be running it soon. but would like to know the + & - of the car.
thanks
Old 12-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Interesting design. Inner part of camber links go to deck instead of tower. Also, notice how low upper deck is, just like the new XRay T2. Its so low, the motor actually rises higher.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by edseb
Interesting design. Inner part of camber links go to deck instead of tower. Also, notice how low upper deck is, just like the new XRay T2. Its so low, the motor actually rises higher.
yes it is a car that was out well before what we are seeing now with similar design concept. however i would like to know the weak points of the car.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flysti
however i would like to know the weak points of the car.
Your the weak point Joke only. C u at fairy meadows on the 8 Jan
Old 12-19-2005, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by danjoy25
Your the weak point Joke only. C u at fairy meadows on the 8 Jan
yeah i am at this stage, thats why i'm coming back
Old 12-19-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey keithander is the type t u got a good car, fast and competitive just like all the other new ones?? i got my sources with japan so it wont be to hard getting parts info on car.. just wanted to here a few things about the car... Good for carpet? or asphalt?

Im guessing asphalt becuase it is a Japanese car.... hey who knows?

what do u race it in and how does it do, besides from driving, how is the drivetrain?
sorry if that was too many ?s, i can get one real cheap soooo im thinking about it.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

I have an original ym-34 an a ym-34 si, I too would like to get my hands on one of the type 2 2005 edtions(the newest one). My source in North America.....Integy was importing them up till the last version the si type 2. Now I have to find part numbers and an on-line dealer that sells the type 2 2005 edition. Also could some one who does have the newest version tell me if the front and rear belts the same as the si version?
Old 12-20-2005, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

i do know that most parts on the si II & si II 2005 edition are compatable i.e you could convert the si II to the 2005 spec car quite easly. if you go to the team atlas site they have a parts compare page. you also might like to try jethobby in hong kong. they should also have the 2005 edition.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for the info, I will check those recommended sites.
The parts that I was hoping to swap was an YM-34 si with an YM-34 Si type 2 I was hoping the f/r belts were the same length I have plenty of those belts.

Thanks again
Old 12-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Of the people that ran the previous version, how hard is it to put together a front diff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.