Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andrew Moores HPI pro4 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default Andrew Moores HPI pro4 for sale

Hear is the link if anybody is interested???????
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ANDY-MOORES-hp...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 09-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Looks awesome, probably a con though.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

It was won in a charity raffle over here,Its not actually the car that was ran in the Main tho! Its his spare car so ive been told!
Old 09-26-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Looks like a chassis that was at the WC, the green/yellow dot was from chassis tech
Old 09-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah its genuine enough, i was stood next to the guy when the raffle was being drawn at the Wrexham TORC round with the procedes going to a cancer charity due to the death of Gareth Jones who put loads of his spare time into the club and his sons racing.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Yes the car is genuine, andy donated it and it was the top prize, destined to be a shelf queen, not for the winner to sell on ebay! Many bought tickets wanting to own this car, and then the winner strips it of the speedo, servo and reciever (as you can imagine very expensive) that andy also donated. Other top british drivers (andy robson, dave spashett and olly jefferies) all donated signed shells as well, and also there was a shell of hara's that he used for nitro. All the proceeds from this raffle were sent to charity, but I doubt the seller will donate his profits

I must say the car is very nice after repeatedly spinning the wheels whhhoooooossshhhhhhh.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Rookie

I hope the 'seller' donates all the money to charity. Maybe if he is a racer then we should charge them more to enter???
Old 09-26-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Ali Graham
Yes the car is genuine, andy donated it and it was the top prize, destined to be a shelf queen, not for the winner to sell on ebay! Many bought tickets wanting to own this car, and then the winner strips it of the speedo, servo and reciever (as you can imagine very expensive) that andy also donated. Other top british drivers (andy robson, dave spashett and olly jefferies) all donated signed shells as well, and also there was a shell of hara's that he used for nitro. All the proceeds from this raffle were sent to charity, but I doubt the seller will donate his profits

I must say the car is very nice after repeatedly spinning the wheels whhhoooooossshhhhhhh.
Ali i didn't relise the car had that much attached to it, the same seller is selling a KO 302f receiver as well... I didn't no Gareth but he was a straight talker but nice with it, Dewi his son is a good lad as well.. It always seems to happen to the good one's
Old 09-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

THIS MAKES ME SICK!

Thats poor form from the seller.... Considering how he obtained the car

I do hope the money goes to charity... in fact I may ask that myself!

I never met Gareth, but I know of him from Dewi's reputation.

RIP

Ed

Last edited by TryHard; 09-26-2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

it did have elctronics in the car when we had a look in it at wrexham, the 302f he is selling is prolly the one that was in it. we was 4 tickets off of winning the car.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Could ruin it by bidding it to like $10,000,000 hows he guna force u to pay it?
Old 09-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah, thats pi** poor!

Anyone care to help up this auction to the joke status that it deserves to become?
Currently highest bidder at £156 although i accidently pressed an extra zero as i only meant £150

if anyone else wishes to skyrocket the price to the £1500 i've put in, without the worry of it ending on themself then feel free to screw this auction over with me, they'll give me negative feedback but i dont care, if it was for charity then they'd mention it in the auction, instead its profitting on someones good intentions. They could have re-raffled it off again or given the proceeds of the sale to charities the Jones family wished them to go to rather than someones back pocket.

Anyway, lets get some more silly bids in there, if someone wants to go crazier than £1500 then fair enough, but lets at least get it into 4 figures rather than leave it on my name for a pitiful amount

Paul aka rcbits
Old 09-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Does any of Moores wheelmanship skillz come with the sale..???
Old 09-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

out of curiosity, why would you care what someone else does with THEIR property? they entered, they won... either you entered and didn't win, or you didn't enter at all...so what, what do you care? if the car was donated to the raffel and that money went to charity, then the whole purpose of the donation was fulfilled. what stake do you have if the winner puts it on a mantle to collect dust, races it on the track or sells it? so they sell it for money to buy something else...what exactly is it to you that you have to ruin their auction? just curious, thanks.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Why? Because of the intentions of the raffle in the first place.
The idea was to raise some money for the family of Gareth Jones to donate to the organisations who helped Gareth before he passed, and to make it possible for them to continue the work they did for other families unfortunate enough to have to go through the same thing. The prizes were given by top drivers, distributers and shops to help raise as much money as possible for the chosen charities. There must have been about 50 items given away, there must have been about 10 protoform bodyshells, 10 packs of Peak 3700's, half a dozen raced shells from top drivers, and many other smaller and larger (1:8 monster truk i think i saw in there) items as well as Andys car which was the main prize.

It was a charity event, and the idea of someone deciding to profit on it makes me wonder where peoples thoughts are. The prizes werent intended for people to sell and make some money on, it wasnt a lottery ticket, it was a charity raffle, and for me deciding to split the items up and sell them is poor form and they should be ashamed, They've turned something with good intentions into a nice little earner on the back of someones death.
Fair enough its theres to do with as they please, but im sure that Mirage/Andy and Gareths family would be really chuffed knowing someone's selling it all a week after winning it (putting it up to auction to the highest bidder 4 days after winning it!!).

Maybe whoever's selling up never looked at it that way, maybe they did but need the money and so thats what they've decided to do, but i still think its in poor taste.

If you feel im over-reacting, then fair enough, maybe I am, but i just think there actions are pretty poor and im sure anyone else who'd ever met Gareth or his family would feel the same about this also, just as most of the people who've already posted have expressed already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.