Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Can someone tell me when the team prime shock will be available again? Also rear pod droop question. Ive seen setups where the rear ride height is taller than front. Whats the reason behind that? Also pod droop. More for bumpy track or more traction? Whats the deal? thx
Old 02-04-2015, 06:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Can someone tell me when the team prime shock will be available again? Also rear pod droop question. Ive seen setups where the rear ride height is taller than front. Whats the reason behind that? Also pod droop. More for bumpy track or more traction? Whats the deal? thx
More droop gives more turn-in up to a point. Too much can make it way to edgy on entry and maybe even push on exit. Less smooths out entry and can sometimes give better exit steering. None is horrible, don't do it.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Christian,
When do you think the conversion kits will be shipping out?
Thanks, Chris
Old 02-11-2015, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Guys, good news and bad news.

The good, all conversions are packed and are shipping within the next 2 days. We also have some extras if anyone wants to order one.

Team Prime shocks are OTW to us and should be here early/mid next week.

The bad news is IRS still has not shipped the diffs. We are getting close though, I talked to them today and they are working on getting whatever they have out. If I have to source the remaining parts from retail shops to complete the kits, I will to get these out to you ASAP! Our goal is to complete the kits as soon as we get everything in. For the most part the kits are ready to go.

So sorry for the delay, but I am preparing a special something for all of you to show you your appreciation for being so patient. I think in the end all of you that pre-ordered will be very happy with your cars.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Tech Lord

I imagine it can be quite a challenge for a small company like IRS or Xenon or Team Prime when someone calls up and says "send me a hundred of..." something.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Yes and no. We are a small company too. If the items are in stock a reasonable expectation is 1-2 weeks.

All 3 situations are a bit different.

Xenon sent the order to the wrong (our old) address.
Team Prime was out of stock for a month over their original date.
IRS is under new ownership and sometimes, their new distibutors are slow to communicate.

Everything is full steam ahead though and we hope we can ship the cars as soon as these items hit our shop.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi there,

if I understood well, the new car will come with the Xenon VSS front end? Can you please tell us which option you choose: normal plastic or hard plastic?

I can't wait and see the final result

Best regards,
G-rem
Old 02-12-2015, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

The premium version comes with the XENON Hard front end.

The Hard front end provides a bit more response, but the set-up window might be a bit narrower in high bite conditions. I think it is important to always have a set of the lower arms in either STD Material or AE brand to mellow out the car in case it is too much.

With this front end on the car I find myself running far less camber than what I ran on the XRAY. I will do some testing on the production XRAY conversion tonight. We'll see how it goes.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the answer Cristian, appreciate!

Do you know where I can find the team prisme shock in stock?

Best regards,
G-rem
Old 02-12-2015, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Late next week.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi RSD Team,

the RR12 looks definitely as the high-end 1/12 pan car of its class and I am on the verge to pick one up

In fact, my 12R5.1 begin to be a bit old and I look at something with the best features, that's why I think I will choose the RR12 for at least 3 reasons: xenon VSS front end, Team Prime shock and IRS diff

I still have some more questions:

- how precise is the slider-style pod? How do you do to adjust the ride height from one side to the other at the same height?

- in which condition do you recommend to use longer side links (Xray style) instead of shorter AE style?

- does the premium kit come with all parts needed to assemble the car (like side damper tubes, springs,...) => which parts do we have to buy in addition to the car?

- all screws are metric except rear wheels screws, correct?

Thanks for answering,
G-rem
Old 02-15-2015, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

for the pod, what I did to set ride height was place a stepped ride height gauge under the pod in the center on the ride height i want, then press lightly on the wheels to make sure they are on the ground and tighten the slider screws. simple and easy.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by G-rem
Hi RSD Team,

the RR12 looks definitely as the high-end 1/12 pan car of its class and I am on the verge to pick one up

In fact, my 12R5.1 begin to be a bit old and I look at something with the best features, that's why I think I will choose the RR12 for at least 3 reasons: xenon VSS front end, Team Prime shock and IRS diff

I still have some more questions:

- how precise is the slider-style pod? How do you do to adjust the ride height from one side to the other at the same height?

- in which condition do you recommend to use longer side links (Xray style) instead of shorter AE style?

- does the premium kit come with all parts needed to assemble the car (like side damper tubes, springs,...) => which parts do we have to buy in addition to the car?

- all screws are metric except rear wheels screws, correct?

Thanks for answering,
G-rem
As Mike said, the rear pod uses a stepped, but wider ride height gauge. We should have them up on the site this week. The pod is super precise and strong. We had no issues whatsoever in testing with durability, the production pieces are even better.

The longer links give a smoother, slower response at high speed. The car seems to be able to be driven harder, however the lap times seem to be the same.

The premium kit will be a full kit minus electronics, tires, wheels and servo saver.

Yes, all metric screws except for the rear axle hardware.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Now that the conversion kits are on the way can you post some setups.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
for the pod, what I did to set ride height was place a stepped ride height gauge under the pod in the center on the ride height i want, then press lightly on the wheels to make sure they are on the ground and tighten the slider screws. simple and easy.
Thanks for answering guys!

Mike, can you please let us know your feelings after testing the car? Compared to your last 1/12 pan car (which was?), what is better with the RR12? How easy is the car (to set up and drive)? Any "weak" points we might care of?

Best regards,
G-rem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.