Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Old 05-07-2015, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

With the car having taken about a 50% market share at one of my local tracks, I was asked by several guys for my setup so I told them to look for it here as I've reached a high enough degree of confidence in it now to share it.

Indoor carpet; Ozite/"Regular" carpet mix; wood jumps, some well constructed, others
Car weighed 1503g as it hit the track.

As a side note, since I know the guy who makes the editable sheets comes through here, please consider adding a check box for front arm/tower type instead of having to put that in the notes section.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
YZ2_MarkA_Carpet.pdf (275.3 KB, 262 views)
Old 05-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MarkA

As a side note, since I know the guy who makes the editable sheets comes through here, please consider adding a check box for front arm/tower type instead of having to put that in the notes section.
I'm partially responsible for this setup-sheet.

I'll have a look at the tower/arm option.
knowing more options are coming, its gonna be quite a challenge putting every thing on that single sheet of paper.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Wow alot of guys are liking tbis for both carpet and clay. Just sold my 22. Trying to sell my serpent now.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by carpetburner
I am going to use that oil/spring combo this weekend. My track has wood jumps with very steep angles that seem to instantly load the suspension. Would adding droop help with these type of jumps?
Id not add more droop, but i will say this, my car on the softer springs was loading up terrible, on the last set up i posted, it was jumping much better, more stable, and way less airtime, and yes in running a shorty, rear position.
Im back at it tomorrow night, and ive left the set up as it was, hoping itll be quick from the get go.
100% id go 4mm ackerman spacers, way more predictable and you can attack the corners without a skittish entry, at least, thats how it felt for me.
I still cant get my head around a geared diff though, ball diff every time!

lee
Old 05-08-2015, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Question- how do you interpret the suspension insert pills?
Do the numbers and letters on them make any sense?
Old 05-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Build was going amazing til I noticed they didn't mill the rest of the top shaft! Just a cylinder at the end. Amain's customer service closed at the exact same time I realized this was a factory mistake, now I've got to wait til Monday to get this resolved. Tried to post a picture but I dont have a high enough post count yet so oh well. First world problems eh

Anyone else get one of these or am I just a lucky guy?

Edit: Pic up on my profile
Old 05-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Are you guys successfully running on clay or is it taking a lot of work. I thought this buggy was designed strictly for carpet.

I'm thinking about buying one to be different from the b5 crowd
Old 05-08-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by st.ray
Build was going amazing til I noticed they didn't mill the rest of the top shaft! Just a cylinder at the end. Amain's customer service closed at the exact same time I realized this was a factory mistake, now I've got to wait til Monday to get this resolved. Tried to post a picture but I dont have a high enough post count yet so oh well. First world problems eh

Anyone else get one of these or am I just a lucky guy?

Edit: Pic up on my profile
Wow awsome! You are a lucky one!
Old 05-08-2015, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
Are you guys successfully running on clay or is it taking a lot of work. I thought this buggy was designed strictly for carpet.

I'm thinking about buying one to be different from the b5 crowd
Your question has a stamp of approval by all and most have put their set ups out their already. So yes get one!
Old 05-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Can anyone explain the purpose of the rubber sheet under the tranny? Is it just a seal?
Old 05-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

1. Question to pills? The graph shows, for D block pills, top part is angle of hinge pin in degrees. Right side of chart is toe angle. This changes angle of back of pin. Pills for C block arrow up is pro squat, arrow down is anti squat. This changes angle of front side of pin up or down.
2. Question to rubber sheet? It's used for tuning, it does raise and lower parts they are under, similar to roll center.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks Jake, where is this documented?
Old 05-08-2015, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

Losi was doing similar thing with old 22.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've run my yok for two club races now and I'm getting slower... Started with Synlist neutral setup and made small changes trying to be smoother. I run a med size track 60ft straight, with tight lanes. It's dirt, with wet to dry and gets dusty rather quickly for I'm in the dessert. Running 27r/30f oil and kyosho whites f/r. Added 3mm on rear hubs, 1deg camber f/r. Battery full back, and running same tires as the fast guys. I have added the yok 25gram weights and now thinking of adding more under the gear. Any suggestions would be great as I'm alone in a sea of B5m's.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DekelzMan
Can anyone explain the purpose of the rubber sheet under the tranny? Is it just a seal?
It is to allow flex generating more rear grip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.