Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brokenmoto
Check out rc-race-and-drift-japan.com Good guy, ships fast and parts are cheap! I used a-main untill I found them.
Agreed on self-importing - Amain is definitely pushing their luck with the current price increases and those didn't just start in the last week as I've observed everything but the kits themselves on a 3-month long price creep.

As a side note, Swift Distribution, aka, Amain's distribution arm, does not appear to have done so (yet, knock on wood) to the LHS' that stock Yokomo. One of my local turf tracks/shop stocks most things YZ-2 and it's pretty amazing when stuff at a LHS like that is now typically 10-20% less than Amain. In other words, your local track can carry Yokomo in the U.S. and now it's probably in your best interests as a racer to try to push them to do so.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shannow
Thanks for the quick reply !
I already have the machined pistons 2x1.6 ft and 2x1.7rr .
So it is indeed for the track rear width only ? I was wondering if they goofed in the manual as they kept the rear camber link the same (29.5mm) so it means if you stand by the carpet edition manual's rear camber link length you must have an awful lot of camber ?

In fact I just discovered the proof that you're right in the dirt manual as it has the same rear suspension mounts as the carpet edition but with the standard yz2 arms .

It's a relief as these mounts are expensive !

Do you recommend anything else for carpet use only and maybe a couple of race on astro ? Gullwing are a plus ?

Thanks again
Rear track width + it will change how much the roll center etc changes as the suspension moves.

I think the only things really needed on carpet aside from already mentioned is weight up front, I put some in front of the servo 25~30g. I haven't tried gull wings myself, some people swear by them, but others run them one meet then not the next.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:33 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I want to try a yokomo. Have a couple X-ray xb2's. Anyone have any updated opinions to draw a comparison between the two, now they've both been out awhile and Which carpet car has better grip for med bite clay? Also looking at the must have parts for running the carpet edition on med bite? One thing that I love about the X-ray is the ease of working on it especially getting to the diff in 5 screws. But- I only have a 4 gear option for the lay down now - boo. Thx all in advance

Last edited by JAE; 08-08-2016 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

I've never owned a XB2. Although they look really nice. But I do know that anyone in my area that had a Xb2, jumped ship to Yokomo. The DT, is super light from the box, and also probably the best 2wd out there. AE did a great job mirroring probably Yokomo's best 2wd buggy to date!
Old 08-11-2016, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkA
Agreed on self-importing - Amain is definitely pushing their luck with the current price increases and those didn't just start in the last week as I've observed everything but the kits themselves on a 3-month long price creep.

As a side note, Swift Distribution, aka, Amain's distribution arm, does not appear to have done so (yet, knock on wood) to the LHS' that stock Yokomo. One of my local turf tracks/shop stocks most things YZ-2 and it's pretty amazing when stuff at a LHS like that is now typically 10-20% less than Amain. In other words, your local track can carry Yokomo in the U.S. and now it's probably in your best interests as a racer to try to push them to do so.
Also check out MIBOSport. Michal is awesome fella whon provides crazy great service. UPS int to you door in 3day. Sign and you will see prices without the VAT. Also you can save $ depending on currency rates by paying In Czech currency via PayPal.
I also agree with liking Race Drift Japan as Tim is a good fella and provides great service.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAE
I want to try a yokomo. Have a couple X-ray xb2's. Anyone have any updated opinions to draw a comparison between the two, now they've both been out awhile and Which carpet car has better grip for med bite clay? Also looking at the must have parts for running the carpet edition on med bite? One thing that I love about the X-ray is the ease of working on it especially getting to the diff in 5 screws. But- I only have a 4 gear option for the lay down now - boo. Thx all in advance
XRAY is awesome qaulity and performance thus you can't go wrong. However if you want a buggy Yokomo's YZ2 carpet and DIrt models are the best buggys out.
Plus Yokomo qaulity is top notch.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
I've never owned a XB2. Although they look really nice. But I do know that anyone in my area that had a Xb2, jumped ship to Yokomo. The DT, is super light from the box, and also probably the best 2wd out there. AE did a great job mirroring probably Yokomo's best 2wd buggy to date!
+1 with my buddy Raul. Yokomo's YZ2 is superb and the DT is incredible. XB2 is really nice however the YZ2 is just in class of its own.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:44 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Can you give me any examples of the pluses vs minus of how each drive differently from one another? What is "best" out there? Some people prefer steering to grip and vice versa so without explaining driving characteristics it's hard to understand. I do appreciate it
Old 08-11-2016, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAE
Can you give me any examples of the pluses vs minus of how each drive differently from one another? What is "best" out there? Some people prefer steering to grip and vice versa so without explaining driving characteristics it's hard to understand. I do appreciate it
Why don't you try driving Peter Cruz's Yokomo?
Old 08-15-2016, 01:49 AM
Tech Initiate

I have both cars in dt and the Yokomo is by far the best. Build quality is about the same. The Yokomo corner speed is a little faster then the Xray and is more consistent. Jumping the Yokomo is on a different leave then the xray no chassis slap or anything else it did and through the little bumps it has no problems going through them. It's good on high bite conditions and it even gets better when the track gets dusty through the run.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Is anyone using the graphite arms on low bite surface with the YZ2. My stock arms seem to have too much flex and I am considering getting the graphite arms.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

I use the L5 flat front graphite so on my YZ4 on super low bite and they work incredible,
Old 08-15-2016, 08:31 PM
JAE
Tech Master

I can't seem to find anyone who doesn't love their Yokomo. Aside from the steel hangers, and a ball diff, what would be needed to run the CA edition on medium bite clay? don't want to be struggling for grip as this will be my 3rd stock car im trying out. Thx in advance
Old 08-16-2016, 01:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
I can't seem to find anyone who doesn't love their Yokomo. Aside from the steel hangers, and a ball diff, what would be needed to run the CA edition on medium bite clay? don't want to be struggling for grip as this will be my 3rd stock car im trying out. Thx in advance
If you don't want to struggle with grip, get The DT version. The Ca is awesome for high grip.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Could also do the bmax rear end

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.