Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 04:58 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
does anyone know if Losi pistons work on the shaft? and kyosho x rings?
The kit comes with X-rings YOKZ2-S3X already (decent price!), no need to buy the Kyosho ones.
I used AE pistons in my B-Max2, if TLR pistons fit in AE vehicles, it should work.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

After building the YZ-2 I came across one little error with Xpert servos. First 2mm of spacers are required (like usual) and you need to increase the gap on the center link to around 3mm to get full travel on turning right. Other than that, this is the smoothest build of any Yokomo products I have built to date.

Taihen yoku dekimashita, Yokomo.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Here is an idea of the layout differences between the 2 cars. YZ-2 on left of picture and Bmax2 v3 on the right. As of now with battery all the way back it has 60% of its weight on the rear wheels. Considering electronics, tires and track rules, you may want to look into the Battery weights to bring the car up to 1499g.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Ran on clay track today and was able to match my fastest bmax2 time on the second pack. I setup the buggy the same as my bmax2 and found that this buggy carries more speed in all areas of the track. The were no issues with the landings and it was actually very forgiving.

1.6 machined pistons all around
32.5ft 30r
Kyosho gold in rear and whites in front
middle hole in shock towers
stock roll center settings
Old 01-16-2015, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

No nobody get one, send them back, it was rubbish tonight.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Ha only joking, it's ace
So balanced and so much steering, traction and it's just great. I just stuck it down and ran it. Made no changes during the night other than slacking off my slipper a touch, touch tighter on the ball diff, and running one round with a saddle rather than a shorty pack. Felt a little more nimble with the shorty, but a touch more traction with the saddle, as you would except.

So I've built mine pretty much as kit, with a ball diff, shocks on rear, but with 3.5deg rear toe in, -1deg camber all round, 18mm ride height, and 500CST front oil, and 400CST rear oil. Shorty in rear position. On yeah I stuck the 25g chassis weight in under the lipo as well.

I was amazed from the start. I was expecting it to have less rear grip (on low traction) than the bmax2 (on the same tyres), but it was the same or more rear grip, yet tons of steering with no oversteer. Went exactly where you wanted it and the rear held on. It just worked and dare I say it was faster than my bmax ever was. Saying that I finished 4th over all this week's club meeting, and placed same previous meeting at Cullingworth with the bmax2v3 against the same people.

Video from tonight's club race at Cullingworth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGqyERIRDKw
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Mine is the snot green car, and I do a good job binning off my mate Danny Harrison on the first lap

YZ-"KF-beater"-2

Yokomo have done such a good job on this car!!!
Old 01-16-2015, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well i just got paid today, got me a pocket full of change. Cause A-main ran out of kits. Hope all are having a great time with theirs.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brokenmoto
Well i just got paid today, got me a pocket full of change. Cause A-main ran out of kits. Hope all are having a great time with theirs.
PM me - you can have my reserved kit - it's still reserved until the 20th. I'll be at Hobbytown tomorrow so you can place the order then.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Hmmm sounds like there are no traction problems what so ever compared to the transition from the bmax2 to yz2. Cant wait to see how the guys do at the Reedy with the car!
Old 01-16-2015, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yokomo YZ-2-2015-01-16-23.29.15.jpg

Got mine built , went together very well. Stock suspension is way softer than it thought it was going to be. Can't wait to run it.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Are there spur option for stock racing?
Old 01-16-2015, 10:57 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by neallewis
Ha only joking, it's ace
So balanced and so much steering, traction and it's just great. I just stuck it down and ran it. Made no changes during the night other than slacking off my slipper a touch, touch tighter on the ball diff, and running one round with a saddle rather than a shorty pack. Felt a little more nimble with the shorty, but a touch more traction with the saddle, as you would except.

So I've built mine pretty much as kit, with a ball diff, shocks on rear, but with 3.5deg rear toe in, -1deg camber all round, 18mm ride height, and 500CST front oil, and 400CST rear oil. Shorty in rear position. On yeah I stuck the 25g chassis weight in under the lipo as well.

I was amazed from the start. I was expecting it to have less rear grip (on low traction) than the bmax2 (on the same tyres), but it was the same or more rear grip, yet tons of steering with no oversteer. Went exactly where you wanted it and the rear held on. It just worked and dare I say it was faster than my bmax ever was. Saying that I finished 4th over all this week's club meeting, and placed same previous meeting at Cullingworth with the bmax2v3 against the same people.

Video from tonight's club race at Cullingworth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGqyERIRDKw
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Mine is the snot green car, and I do a good job binning off my mate Danny Harrison on the first lap

YZ-"KF-beater"-2

Yokomo have done such a good job on this car!!!
That's not what I wanted to hear at the moment, but I expected it...
Welcome to the next generation!

As a side note, those chassis lines seem to be very similar to those of the first B-Max2, I wonder if the Finnisher body fits...
Old 01-17-2015, 03:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WillS
Hmmm sounds like there are no traction problems what so ever compared to the transition from the bmax2 to yz2. Cant wait to see how the guys do at the Reedy with the car!
None at all. I was expecting to keep my two bmax2 rear and mid cars ready for the tracks that needed that setup, but now I'm not so sure i need to.

I've heard lots of non-yokomo drivers will be trying the car out at the Reedy race. it should perform well.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmoneym
Are there spur option for stock racing?
Same options as bmax2. kit spur is 80 tooth.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mes
That's not what I wanted to hear at the moment, but I expected it...
Welcome to the next generation!

As a side note, those chassis lines seem to be very similar to those of the first B-Max2, I wonder if the Finnisher body fits...
I gave a few other bmax2 drivers a few practice laps with the car and they were all super impressed.

Chassis is narrower. side by side you can tell the bodies are brothers. cab is the same. A friend ran his bmax2 body on his with a bit of tape over spur area, as his body was in paint last night. he made it fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.