Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Toro TS 120A has issues >

Toro TS 120A has issues

Toro TS 120A has issues

Old 12-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Toro TS 120A has issues

I have a new 120A blue edition and here are the issues I'm having.

1. Once the esc has been turned on and the motor engaged I can't turn off the esc with the switch.

2. I have tried everything and I can't get any reverse.

3. When I hold the transmitter in reverse for a minute the esc shuts down.

4. I have been told different stories about using the capicitor or not. So which is it.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by gsterling; 12-10-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

1-3. Make sure to calibrate it per the manual.

4. Regarding the capacitor, if it comes with one use it. If not, you may consider adding one. It'll help everything run more efficiently.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

1. To turn it off you have to keep the switch pressed for about 1 second and release, it is not as fast as the HW for instance...
2. Once you have correctly calibrated the ESC (Bip, Bip-Bip, Bip-Bip-Bip sequence) you should be totally able to setup your ESC in forward/reverse mode, with the setup box or with the software.
3. The ESC shuts down when you hold the brake (not reverse) for 7 seconds, totally normal.
4. Using a capacitor is always recommended, you can use the one from the box or another one, with similar caracteristics...
Old 12-15-2014, 08:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Airwave
1. To turn it off you have to keep the switch pressed for about 1 second and release, it is not as fast as the HW for instance...
2. Once you have correctly calibrated the ESC (Bip, Bip-Bip, Bip-Bip-Bip sequence) you should be totally able to setup your ESC in forward/reverse mode, with the setup box or with the software.
3. The ESC shuts down when you hold the brake (not reverse) for 7 seconds, totally normal.
4. Using a capacitor is always recommended, you can use the one from the box or another one, with similar caracteristics...

1. I have tried holding it down but still not shut-off after the throttle has been engaged. If I don't touch the throttle then I can shut off the ESC normally.
2. I have calibrated the ESC according to the manual several times. And each time it appears to accept the calibration. However, I still have no reverse when I set it to the forward/brake/reverse setting. Every once in a long while I seem to get reverse for a very brief second but then nothing.
3. Ok, good information to know. Don't hold on the brake for more than 1 or 2 seconds.
4. I will install the capacitor tonight and see if that changes anything.

thank you for the feedback.